• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Baldwin

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Look for more pathetic offense against the Rams then.

Because Baldwin is Jerry Rice and adding him to the lineup would make the offense explosive and creative again?

You seem to be presenting this as if Baldwin is a huge difference maker for the team. He wasn't in KC, and apparently hasn't shown enough in practice to give the coaches and indication he will be here either.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
and apparently hasn't shown enough in practice to give the coaches and indication he will be here either.

It may be that, but he may just still be learning the offense (I'm realistic; I don't expect much, but I can still hope this explanation holds some truth).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Baldwin is Jerry Rice and adding him to the lineup would make the offense explosive and creative again?

You seem to be presenting this as if Baldwin is a huge difference maker for the team. He wasn't in KC, and apparently hasn't shown enough in practice to give the coaches and indication he will be here either.

Didn't mean to imply that. My thought is that about Baldwin is if he cannot crack the active roster with this pathetic group of receivers, imagine how bad he must be? What I meant to say is that we can only expect to see more of the same with the same group out there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With Patton injured, Baldwin is probably the 2nd best healthy WR on the team at this point. He does everything better than Kyle Williams except field punts. He should be starting in 10 days IMO.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
how'd Baldwin look? I missed the game, but saw that he had a couple catches in the box score

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what I saw. Now he just needs more playing time.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Patton injured, Baldwin is probably the 2nd best healthy WR on the team at this point. He does everything better than Kyle Williams except field punts. He should be starting in 10 days IMO.

You don't think Baldwin could fair catch it? Baldwin should start next game opposite Boldin. But id like to see Vance more than any of them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Baldwin trade is looking good for the 49ers. The guy made 2 nice catches in traffic. 100% has better hands then AJ.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how'd Baldwin look? I missed the game, but saw that he had a couple catches in the box score

Caught two passes in traffic. Better than the other wideouts not named Boldin.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anybody know what KC's biggest problem was with Baldwin? did he not get separation, not run crisp/consistent routes, bad hands, all of the above??

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin is a big dude at 6'4... seeing him stand near the other players and you can clearly see a height advantage.

Also he runs good routes, nothing out of this world but he has good speed off the LOS and made two traffic catches with supposed suspect hands....

There's NO REASON he's not suiting up next week... better yet, maybe start? He can be a great help to Kap if Kap looks at him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC didn't like his attitude and they felt like he didn't give it his all. Meaning maybe football was his #1.

Overall I thing both AJ and Baldwin needed a new place to play and maybe he will play being on a winning team and there is no way Gore or Baldwin would accept him not giving his all.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baldwin is a big dude at 6'4... seeing him stand near the other players and you can clearly see a height advantage.

Also he runs good routes, nothing out of this world but he has good speed off the LOS and made two traffic catches with supposed suspect hands....

There's NO REASON he's not suiting up next week... better yet, maybe start? He can be a great help to Kap if Kap looks at him.

When you look around the league and compare Baldwin to other WRs he really is a top 10 athlete...great size and speed combo - very similar to Brandon Marshall. He's certainly an exciting prospect who has ProBowler potential. Now the questions are...can he develop his route running, what's between the ears, and how good are his hands...hopefully it all comes together and he can smack Sherman around later in the year

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody know what KC's biggest problem was with Baldwin? did he not get separation, not run crisp/consistent routes, bad hands, all of the above??

Bad attitude. broke his hand, I believe, on another player's jaw last year or the year before.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Displayed some nice strong hands catching the ball in traffic, I want to see more.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bad attitude. broke his hand, I believe, on another player's jaw last year or the year before.

got in a fight with Thomas Jones in the locker room and missed the beginning of his rookie year due to a hurt wrist...not a great way to start his career

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jon Baldwin - WR - 49ers

Jon Baldwin had two catches for 19 yards in Thursday night's Week 4 win over the Rams.

It was the first game he's been active for this season. Baldwin played ahead of Kyle Williams in some two-wide sets and was able to secure both of his targets in the passing game. With Quinton Patton (foot) sidelined, he could potentially overtake Williams for the No. 2 receiver job.

Sep 27 - 2:08 AM

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best thing that he did in last night's game was that when they showed him on the sidelines, he was next to or talking to Kap. That should help their chemistry and shows me that he wants to be successful on this team. Like Kap and Crabtree say, it's about trust and you get that by discussing plays with the QB and making catches in traffic, like he did yesterday.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Baldwin quite a bit and I think he is one of the only truly talented players in our current WR corps. I think Boldin, Baldwin, and Patton are the only WR we have currently that actually look the part.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

One thing I believe will help is having a veteran presence like Boldin as he in his time with KC they never really had the savvy vet time of WR on the roster.

In general the whole veteran leadership aspect in sports is overrated but there is some merit to it as a vet like Boldin can show by example how you succeed in the NFL. I think a lot of young guys believe they are putting in the amount of work needed but have no idea until a vet shows them how much more work they need to put in and how do work more effectively and efficiently.