• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Wall Says He Is the Best Point Guard in the NBA

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an interview with Sports Illustrated, John Wall says he is the best point guard in the NBA:

Speaking during a radio interview with Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix on the Dan Patrick Show, the Wizards’ guard didn’t hesitate when asked where he ranks at his position.

“I rank myself the best,” Wall said. “Yeah, I rank myself the best.”

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the confidence, if not the common sense!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be awkward if him and Chalmers every make an allstar game :laugh3:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the interviewer asked one of the dumbest questions imaginable. What player worth his salt would say he was not the best?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know one thing, he did the right thing to hire The Glove to teach him how to play defense at the guard position! Most guys look to hire the dream to teach offensive footwork but you never hear guys hiring defensive guys during the summer. good move by the kid

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No good player on the planet is going to answer any other way.

It was a dumb question and the only possible response to dumb questions.

You need CONFIDENT players not guys who want to sit around and watch other guys.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with having confidence in yourself.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the interviewer asked one of the dumbest questions imaginable. What player worth his salt would say he was not the best?

All they have to say to not come off as arrogant and delusional is something like, "That's for you to decide; my play speaks for itself," which is basically what many great players have said in interviews.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they have to say to not come off as arrogant and delusional is something like, "That's for you to decide; my play speaks for itself," which is basically what many great players have said in interviews.

"Humility is the worst form of conceit" -François de La Rochefoucauld

and most insincere imo

...but saying what they think the public wants to hear just doesn't make them phony it makes an ass out of anybody who believes that shit.

I have no doubt that most* of my favorite athletes for the entirety of my sports fandom are egotistical arrogant money grubbers but when in an interview make sure to "thank god, their coaches and teammates and last of all but most importantly their family and friends for supporting them".

Puke, be honest pro sports star**, you worked your ass off to help your team win, and you deserved that ring or title or new "better" teammates***.

*This would be all but Barry is as genuine and humble as you can be, his dad on the other hand...I will just say outside of creating the perfect human being was not much of a father figure.

**I am sure a lot of you hate LBJ for what ever reason you can find but if you want someone who is honest look at LBJ. When Bosh couldn't hit a target with US government spy information and Wade was hobbling what did he say? He said they were "struggling", he didn't sugar coat shit or say I will see what I can do to win the next game or make some excuse about himself.

***shout out to Peyton Manning, and I am pretty sure LBJ said this publicly in his Cavs day at least once, I am sure a million times a game in his head.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they do that? Thats evading the question. If I think I'm the best its just my opinion. It only bothers those that have low self esteem and are threatened by it. That would make it a you problem and not a problem with me being arrogant. I'm the best. Why not me?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick "captain humble" Rose took it a step further recently in an interview.

When asked by CNN's Pedro Pinto in an interview who the best player in the NBA is right now, the former MVP did not hesitate with his answer.

"Derrick Rose," the 24-year-old said confidently.

Derrick Rose of Chicago Bulls says he is best player in NBA - ESPN Chicago

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what a douche talking in 3rd person!!!

Drose saying that carries more weight than Wall but still, just play your hardest and don't be a douche about anything no matter your opinion and I will like it.

GO DROSE!! I am rooting for you starting game 2.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should they do that? Thats evading the question. If I think I'm the best its just my opinion. It only bothers those that have low self esteem and are threatened by it. That would make it a you problem and not a problem with me being arrogant. I'm the best. Why not me?

If John Wall thinks he's the best and he's not even close to it --- I mean, does anyone here think John Wall is the best point guard in the NBA? --- then yeah, he is being arrogant and delusional.

And the idea that deluding yourself that you are the best makes you a better player doesn't necessarily work. Yeah, it might make you aggressive in making plays --- but that arrogance can also cause you to overestimate yourself and overreach (example: make bad, risky passes that result in turnovers) and lull you into complacency (so that you don't work as hard to be better; if you think you're already best, then you don't have to work harder to become the best). Arrogance and confidence aren't the same thing, and saying you're the best when you're clearly not is arrogance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If John Wall thinks he's the best and he's not even close to it --- I mean, does anyone here think John Wall is the best point guard in the NBA? --- then yeah, he is being arrogant and delusional.

And the idea that deluding yourself that you are the best makes you a better player doesn't necessarily work. Yeah, it might make you aggressive in making plays --- but that arrogance can also cause you to overestimate yourself and overreach (example: make bad, risky passes that result in turnovers) and lull you into complacency (so that you don't work as hard to be better; if you think you're already best, then you don't have to work harder to become the best). Arrogance and confidence aren't the same thing, and saying you're the best when you're clearly not is arrogance.

:agree: Additionally, if you really are the best, you don't have to say it because everyone else will say it for you!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am missing how thinking you are the best is being arrogant? People that are afraid of taking chances usually wind up being mediocre. I'd rather over estimate than underestimate everyday of the week. That way I don't limit myself. The thing about limiting yourself is that you have no idea what you are capable of so how dare you assume.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am missing how thinking you are the best is being arrogant?

From the World English Dictionary: "arrogant (adj.) having or showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own importance, merit, ability"

John Wall is not the best. He thinks he is. That is exactly the definition of arrogant.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud John Wall for this. It shows leadership and character. Young guys who just came into the league say they're not the best and say they need improvement, stars and leaders strive to be considered the best. All this tells me is that he thinks he is ready to take that next step, now it's time to back it up.

I can't stress this enough, you cannot play basketball at an extremely high level without being at least a little arrogant. This is why sensational stories are written so much, because sensitive people get hurt and offended over every little thing.

Also, this guy has always played for the Wizards, what is he supposed to say "I'm not the best and I think we suck as a team."

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the World English Dictionary: "arrogant (adj.) having or showing an exaggerated opinion of one's own importance, merit, ability"

John Wall is not the best. He thinks he is. That is exactly the definition of arrogant.

It's not that he's not the best; it's that he's not in a serious discussion about who the best is.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying you decide who is the best? :laugh3: You still haven't explained how he is being arrogant? Your opinion does not count towards what he thinks of himself. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know you. He is only being arrogant if he doesn't truly believe he is the best. Please stop being a hater. You wont get so stressed at what millionaire basketball players think.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No this is wrong monta Ellis is the 2nd best player behind Kobe!!!!