• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Lester's Blatant Cheating in WS Game 1

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty safe to say that what Lester did isn't a big deal to the Cards because they are doing the same thing. Cards and trying to get an extra advantage are nothing new going back to Mark McGwire....ratting on Lester just puts heat on themselves.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice. Don't genralize and entire fan base based on one person.... Sometimes people feel very stongly about a tiny issue, even though everyone else in the world seems to be able to understand the big picture. He has every right to post his opinions....

Just because he bad mouths everyone else doesn't mean we have to lower ourselves to that level. The best we can do is either explain the situation, or post links to real articles that help explain it. If he chooses to ignore it, so be it.

How I "feel" is beside the point. I've stated facts. I have literally zero emotional investment in who wins the World Series this year.

You seem like an intelligent person. I know lots of other Sox fans who are, too.

Either it's okay for all pitchers to dip their fingers in resin for pitches, or it isn't. Most reasonable adults agree that it isn't. Period.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....I believe having the ability to grip the ball is an advantage.

Of course you do. All reasonable human beings would come to the same conclusion.

It's because you have the faculty of reason, and aren't afraid to articulate statements based on reason.

If it's okay for Lester to do it, then it has to be okay for all pitchers to do it. If, as a bunch of people on here claim, EVERYBODY already does it (which is simply an absurd statment to make) and MLB simply doesn't enforce the rule, then get rid of the rule.

Congrats to Lester and all others for cheating and getting away with it. I totally understand that some people are fine with cheating. Good for them, too.