• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Beilein

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better make the tournament this year, or he'll be on the hot seat next year. And that's with losing Langford and Morgan after this year.

Nah, I think he's safe for at least the next two seasons. But they will run your ass off for not winning too.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I think he's safe for at least the next two seasons. But they will run your ass off for not winning too.

Getting blown out by Purdue isn't taken very well in Hoosier land. They've been really bad in league play thus far. Only beat NW and PSU by 2, and Illinois at home. Now 4 losses in a row.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Saban should win the Championship in football every year too, right?

K does have the most titles amongst active coaches, and most wins ever by a college coach. He might know what he's doing in the coaching gig he has after all.

I'd say its much tougher at the football level than basketball. One player can get hot in basketball and a team can make a run. Not likely in football, many more dynamics involved. Coach K's a great coach but getting 3-4 of the best prep players year after year gives him an advantage. We saw it during the Fab Five days.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say its much tougher at the football level than basketball. One player can get hot in basketball and a team can make a run. Not likely in football, many more dynamics involved. Coach K's a great coach but getting 3-4 of the best prep players year after year gives him an advantage. We saw it during the Fab Five days.

He also won a title with Kyle Singler as his best player. That in itself is pretty impressive.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, coach K sold his soul after that team and followed coach Cal’s philosophy.

It got him another title. But even then Freshman alone, it's still hard to win a title. His 2015 team had Quinn Cook, Amile Jefferson and Matt Jones.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, coach K sold his soul after that team and followed coach Cal’s philosophy.
I was at the same high school as K but a year ahead of him, so minimal personal contact. Nonetheless, I became a Duke fan when he was named coach.
A while back (10 years or so) he got a player who had an 18 on his ACT score. That is when he went the Cal route. 18 would not get you into a directional state school, and yet he got into Duke. If I was a Duke grad I would be pissed at this turn of events even if championships are won. While not on the same academic level as Duke, same goes for Kansas, Kentucky, West Virginia and others. How can a graduate of these school actually cheer for a rotating roster of freshmen who have now intention of even attempting finish at these schools. They no more represent any of these schools than I do.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beilein is near the top. Attended a conference where he was guest speaker. Said when he got there (WVU), the first thing he had to do was get rid of the thugs.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the same high school as K but a year ahead of him, so minimal personal contact. Nonetheless, I became a Duke fan when he was named coach.
A while back (10 years or so) he got a player who had an 18 on his ACT score. That is when he went the Cal route. 18 would not get you into a directional state school, and yet he got into Duke. If I was a Duke grad I would be pissed at this turn of events even if championships are won. While not on the same academic level as Duke, same goes for Kansas, Kentucky, West Virginia and others. How can a graduate of these school actually cheer for a rotating roster of freshmen who have now intention of even attempting finish at these schools. They no more represent any of these schools than I do.

Are you under some illusion that these higher rated kids go there for the education?

It’s hilarious you put WVU on there as if they have lived off one and dones. Fact of the matter is I’m an alum and couldn’t care less how long the kid stays for the schooling as long as he helps my team win. You should try it sometime.