• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joel Stave possibly out for season

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they renamed the divisions. But I wish they had gone with my suggestions of "Three Yards" and "A Cloud of Dust".

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Anderson is not endearing himself to Wisconsin backers with his erratic behavior.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes:

Oh that makes sense, because they've yet to win the division while another team in the West won it in 2 of their first 3 years as a B1G member (and the year before that).
Nebraska hasn't done squat since leaving the Big 8.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I learned from the movie Tin Cup that he just needs to get laid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And every time I hear his name, this is who I imagine:
wulz0h.jpg

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has won the West Division before.......

But anyways, yes Nebraska has won its Division in the Big 10 before.
I should have said "their" division, but that's semantics.

"another team in the West" = Wisconsin (now)

"won it... in 2 of their first 3 years as a B1G member" = won the division that Nebraska was in for 2 of its first 3 years as a B1G member

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny how Nebraska escaped a conference where they were the only power in the North Division, only to find themselves in a conference where they are the only power in the West Division.

Somewhere on this here forum, I posted this, in five years, B1G West is going to turn into the Big 12 North and everyone is going to make fun of it.

Something along the lines of, all the recruiting grounds are in the east, all the population is in the east. 60,000,000 people on the east and 40 million in the west. The west is being generous because that includes Illinois, which is NOT a recruiting hotbed for football talent.

Just look at the success Northwestern and Illinois have had in football. What about FCS? Nope, that is currently up in North Dakota. If you take out Illinois since it has been recruited by Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame for 80 years, that leaves the west with 28 million people in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. Indiana is the battlground state as it is split. But not many people in Indiana think Purdue when they think about Indiana.

It will be just as sucky for basketball. Instead of putting Indiana in the west, the west got Purdue. All the powers are in the East.

The B1G West is an after thought. Yes, it should be an easy road to the championship games for the teams in the west, but then what? Shellacking in the CCG.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What seems to have happened is Stave dominated the "open QB competition" and all reports said he will be starting again. Even Andersen said that based on what everyone's seen, it won't be a surprise to anybody who's starting.

Then, Andersen named McEvoy the starter, and it completely messed with Stave's head, and surprised literally everyone. Stave's a known perfectionist, and despite his great fall camp it seems he couldn't mentally cope with the fact that somehow (seemingly unfairly) he had his job taken. Ever since then he's been way overthinking every pass, and even up to the pre-game he was all over the place with his passes.

What makes zero sense is why UW came into that game with a game plan for a pocket passer, when they had a guy like McEvoy pinned as the starter.

For UW's sake, they need Stave healthy or going even .500 in November will be tough considering all of the injuries they've sustained elsewhere as well.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically what I'm hearing is you guys miss that fat pig who coaches the pigs.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have said "their" division, but that's semantics.

"another team in the West" = Wisconsin (now)

"won it... in 2 of their first 3 years as a B1G member" = won the division that Nebraska was in for 2 of its first 3 years as a B1G member

Or you could just say "I was wrong...Nebraska actually did win their division once, so my comment about them not winning their division since they got to the Big Ten was incorrect."