• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you fucking cut him. Plain and simple. Any program that saw that video and decided to still sign him would deserve the same exact scrutiny that OU is getting right now. It's not OU's job to think "well someone else might just pick him up anyhow." You wash your hands of someone like that and send the message that your program, under no circumstances, will tolerate that sort of shit.

Well OU took a different path, just like a ton of other programs would have done. Made him serve his punishment right there where it happened. Mixon is going to live with this the rest of his life, would not surprise me if several dudes have not already let him know what that girl felt. Stoops is not running type of program he is being accused of running, I'm not stupid and I know all programs still do things, but honestly the results on the field indicate Stoops is not running a dirty program. That's not the case everywhere. What's done is done.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he fucked up. He should have taken the high road. He allowed himself to be pulled down into it and he overreacted. He turned 18 that day. He has no known record of any types of offenses.

There is no defense of his actions, but who is the judge and who is the jury? That is what I'm questioning.

AGAIN I WILL REPEAT, if he were to have been kicked off of the team he would have immediately been picked up by some other program and would have suffered little to no consequences for his actions.

He LOST a year of football...that wasn't a redshirt, that year was lost. He was required to attend counseling and was kept on a very short leash academically and otherwise. He tore up a parking ticket and was forced to sit out a full game. Yeah, that short.

This is different than Ray Rice. This is different than Frank Shannon. This is different than DGB.

Should anyone get another chance after making a mistake? Who gets to choose?

Never said he shouldn't be given a 2nd chance though. And like I have already said I just think what he did was wrong.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he fucked up. He should have taken the high road. He allowed himself to be pulled down into it and he overreacted. He turned 18 that day. He has no known record of any types of offenses.

There is no defense of his actions, but who is the judge and who is the jury? That is what I'm questioning.

AGAIN I WILL REPEAT, if he were to have been kicked off of the team he would have immediately been picked up by some other program and would have suffered little to no consequences for his actions.

He LOST a year of football...that wasn't a redshirt, that year was lost. He was required to attend counseling and was kept on a very short leash academically and otherwise. He tore up a parking ticket and was forced to sit out a full game. Yeah, that short.

This is different than Ray Rice. This is different than Frank Shannon. This is different than DGB.

Should anyone get another chance after making a mistake? Who gets to choose?

Not only that. People don't know that he wanted to leave and come home. His parents spoke with Bob Stoops and they told him he needs to face the consequences of this situation, and that he cannot run away. Seems that was a tougher road than letting him leave and run away from the situation.

Bob is repeatedly voted as the coach other coaches would want their sons to play for. He has an exemplary track record of running a clean program and molding young boys into men. He has an exemplary track record of giving young men who made poor choices a second chance while keeping them on a very short leash, and the vast majority of the time they have not betrayed that and responded accordingly. So the rest of you all trying to question his accountability.. all of you can go fuck yourselves.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should not ever hit a woman like that unless you're in serious harm... "She assaulted him!" - romeo

He didn't even show any remorse when given the opportunity to in the press... "Those vultures shouldn't have even been asking him those sort of questions!" - romeo

Absolutely shameless, pathetic excuses for a violent woman beater.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Mixon's learned from his mistake & doesn't have a repeat episode somewhere down the line.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you "dense & obstuse mother fucker" I never said Mixon claimed to justify his actions. You really shouldn't try speaking for others if you're just gonna make shit up in a lame attempt to explain what Mixon did. You're an OU fan & Mixon's a Sooner. What he did was wrong. That's all I'm saying. Or do you wanna disagree w/ that?

And would you be defending his actions if he played for any other program in the country?

Like I said, dense and obtuse. I've never stated he was justified in what he did. Only that his punishment was just and he served it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well OU took a different path, just like a ton of other programs would have done. Made him serve his punishment right there where it happened. Mixon is going to live with this the rest of his life, would not surprise me if several dudes have not already let him know what that girl felt. Stoops is not running type of program he is being accused of running, I'm not stupid and I know all programs still do things, but honestly the results on the field indicate Stoops is not running a dirty program. That's not the case everywhere. What's done is done.
Yes, they certainly did. I'd be embarrassed if that's the path my school took.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it a straw man when those were your exact fucking words??

You take a couple of words and then build your bull shit around them. Pathetic attempt at a straw man.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Mixon's learned from his mistake & doesn't have a repeat episode somewhere down the line.
He's already admitted he learned nothing and regrets nothing. Things are only going to get worse when he reaches the NFL and starts raking in millions. It will undoubtedly happen again. That's not the action of a level-headed, mature young man. That's the action of a thug.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they certainly did. I'd be embarrassed if that's the path my school took.

I can straight up guarantee you Ohio State is every bit of guilty as something like this, would bet anything on it. Pretty much true of every school in the nation. Stay on your high horse though by all means.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should not ever hit a woman like that unless you're in serious harm... "She assaulted him!" - romeo

He didn't even show any remorse when given the opportunity to in the press... "Those vultures shouldn't have even been asking him those sort of questions!" - romeo

Absolutely shameless, pathetic excuses for a violent woman beater.

What's pathetic is your putting words in my mouth without considering the context. Keep trying though, you're really making an ass of yourself.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take a couple of words and then build your bull shit around them. Pathetic attempt at a straw man.
That wasn't a couple words you fucking dolt, that entire statement was made by you verbatim.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can straight up guarantee you Ohio State is every bit of guilty as something like this, would bet anything on it. Pretty much true of every school in the nation. Stay on your high horse though by all means.
Back in 2013 when Carlos Hyde was accused (not proven, accused) of assaulting a woman at a bar, he was indefinitely suspended from the team. It was only when video proof came out about the woman lying that he was reinstated. Urban flat out said that if he was charged, he would've been immediately dismissed. So, bet all you want, but know you'll lose.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull shit. Go fuck your self, c*nt.
Excellent retort! You're great at throwing around immature little insults, but very bad at owning up to your own words. I'd expect nothing more from someone like you.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 2013 when Carlos Hyde was accused (not proven, accused) of assaulting a woman at a bar, he was indefinitely suspended from the team. It was only when video proof came out about the woman lying that he was reinstated. Urban flat out said that if he was charged, he would've been immediately dismissed. So, bet all you want, but know you'll lose.

Really? You're going to lean on urban fucking Meyer as your moral support beam? Are you fucking kidding me with this. Aaron Hernandez is even laughing right now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's pathetic is your putting words in my mouth without considering the context. Keep trying though, you're really making an ass of yourself.
No, I'm really not. Those are your words. I know manning up and taking responsibility isn't exactly your wheelhouse, but these are your words.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent retort! You're great at throwing around immature little insults, but very bad at owning up to your own words. I'd expect nothing more from someone like you.

I'll own every single thing I said IN CONTEXT. When I'm dealing with a lying little bitch who is trying to use my words in half truths I'll absolutely call you what you are. And you are a little c*nt bitch.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Stoops run him off I'm not one of the fans that would have been upset. After conferring with the kids parents they decided differently. I'm not going to defend the decision but I will defend my alma mater. They thought this through and knew the video would likely go public someday. You won't see them looking ridiculous like the NFL by changing their stance just because it went public, won't happen. They were prepared for the fall out and actually I'm seeing a lot of people nationally say OU handled the situation properly.