• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jmac digging his own grave

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
very surprised they didn't call up Frazee, but he hasn't been good this year. Hedberg has been awful too, so I'm not sure this is a downgrade.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it stupid? By your own admission, you think Brodeur sucks and Hedberg has been awful. So who the hell are you going to start?

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
call me crazy but somehow i dont think a guy with 15 nhl starts would get the job done..surprise surprise he didnt.

i dont hate the move all that much..what i do hate though is his thinking? "hes from st.louis so we will start him"

screw it next time just throw darts at a board with players names on it

Last edited by a moderator:

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming at the TV last night... who the fuck does a line change with 10 seconds to got in a game?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was screaming at the TV last night... who the fuck does a line change with 10 seconds to got in a game?

i did the same thing when they got called for to many men.jmacs comment after the game about pretty much not caring about no whistle on the blues first goal really kind of sealed it for me.i know he doesnt want to make waves but come on your the coach show a little fire and passion when it comes to your team.its no wonder most of the players dont seem to care.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree clarkson, I mean as much as I hate to say it, you look at Tortorella from the Rangers. A guy who is very vocal and very angry when things don't go his way. Sometimes he's over the top, but he's not afraid to make waves, and it works fine for him.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every great coach i can think of from pat burns to scotty bowman has always been very vocal when it comes to getting the short end of the stick with officials even to the point where they get penalized.even if it doesnt give you a make up call it shows your team your there to fight a coaches passion rubs off on a team just as a lack of passion will as well.the other problem i have had with jmac is this team from sloppy passing to shooting wide of net just never looks prepared.love jmac for all hes done for the organization but hes not cutting it as a coach.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully something happens soon wouldnt be surprised to see jmac go or a trade to shake things up after reading lou lams 20 review

Fire & Ice

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly think if Lou just makes a trade or two and keeps Mac then he's making the wrong decision. By everything he seems to be saying he seems to have no intention of firing mac which confuses me.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is definitely taking its cue from the coaches. You have to show some passion once in a while. No one is sticking up for each other, and that starts at the top.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have huge respect for JMac but how long can Lou go before he opens his eyes and sees what a huge mistake having him coach is

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well this season of failure is officially on lou now...first he hires the guy...then he says it will take him 20 games to have a review...and after that review he still finds him capable of coaching?

lou really is getting old

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Lou has handled these things in the past having seen him fire coaches in much better position because he felt the team wasn't responding to them or not playing prepared something just doesn't make sense.before blaming Lou are writing him off as old do you think maybe lous not the one making the call.I mean he didn't seem to keen on the kovy contract either.I more than agree tgs we need a coaching change if they intend on doing anything this season but I don't know that I can blame Lou lams for this.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be completely honest, it's apparent to me that things are still not right amongst the players over Kovy. Has anyone else noticed how, since the closed door meetings, we haven't heard a peep from him. That seems very odd to me. He's been one of the most vocal players on the team about needing to increase effort, etc.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so you think beek is keeping mac behind the bench? and thus risk having one of the worst seasons in team history? the same year that many people picked the devils to come out of the east?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so you think beek is keeping mac behind the bench? and thus risk having one of the worst seasons in team history? the same year that many people picked the devils to come out of the east?

Beek probably realizes that he went after Kovy because the "superstar" would sell more tickets, and now realizes that Lou might have been right.. There's a lot of guess work in that statement though.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
stop! i think if you bring in a legit nhl coach to crack the whip and not give them days off you would get the effort from them....you have to lead by example!

that being said this is all on lou because if you look at stubhub tonight its a JOKE! you can get in for $4 against ovechkin?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were Lou I would bring in Bob Hartley. Kovy played very well under him. He beat us in the Finals in 01. Not only that but he guided some terrible Thrashers teams to the playoffs or right to the doorstep.

I personally feel that the season is over. Fortunately, we can fight for a little longer without any long term consequences. If we're 10+ points out before the deadline, we're sellers.

If the Devils want to make the playoffs, they need Kovy to take them there because Parise isn't around. Therefore, they need to find a way to optimize his ability.

Unfortunately, if the Devils do hire Hartley, it will probably be seen as another way the Devils are catering to their 100M man.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm sayin is no matter what opinion any of us have its just going to be speculation anyway .only two people know why jmac is still there Lou and beek and I doubt either talk.I'm just saying given lous past track record combined with his behaviors regarding the kovy contract I take it as odd.then when you adf in beek does things outside the box of the way the devils normally ran things it has to make you think.