• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since the Saints didn't give him the exclusive franchise tag; another team can offer him a deal and if the Saints elect not to match then they receive two first round picks from the signing team.

Who would give up the contract it would take plus two first round picks for Graham? We do have a low first round pick...:)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want a two TE set, right? So we could do that. We are a contender, so Graham would have to like that. The cap is going up so we could make it more than a one year deal.

We could do a three team trade - trade Davis to KC (drafts a WR), Graham to SF (drafts a WR), and Bowe to NO (drafts a TE). And draft pick filler. Just kidding.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since the Saints didn't give him the exclusive franchise tag; another team can offer him a deal and if the Saints elect not to match then they receive two first round picks from the signing team.

Who would give up the contract it would take plus two first round picks for Graham? We do have a low first round pick...:)

Pretty steep, but you have him and VD then we don't need a great receiver on the outside.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hessitent. It's going to take a lot of money and sat ridicule other areas of needs. We need help at CB, Safety, and WR. I would rather give Vance McDonald a chance and save the picks to fill in the holes.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hessitent. It's going to take a lot of money and sat ridicule other areas of needs. We need help at CB, Safety, and WR. I would rather give Vance McDonald a chance and save the picks to fill in the holes.

We would still have two second round picks, one third (possibly a 2nd), if Baalke can't hit those positions then he needs to go. They can still re-sign Whitner.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We would still have two second round picks, one third (possibly a 2nd), if Baalke can't hit those positions then he needs to go. They can still re-sign Whitner.

We definitely have two thirds (ours and Tennessee's), might have three.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely have two thirds (ours and Tennessee's), might have three.

I forgot all about that one, Thanks Crims. This is looking like a frigging no-brainer move imo. We go for it all this season since Kaep has a chump change dollar amount left on his contract. Cutting Rogers opens up the space this year to make it all work.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We either jack the price up for the Saints and put them in a bind or we get Graham and our offense is lovely.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of money to give to 2 TE's. Not sure about this idea.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham is essentially a WR. We draft the Crabs/Boldin cheap replacement this year and groom him for a season. Ken Fucking Dorsey could do damage with those weapons.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
TEs in the Niners' offense need to know how to block. Otherwise it's not a bad idea.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEs in the Niners' offense need to know how to block. Otherwise it's not a bad idea.

They need to evolve their offense and with Graham in it...I'm sending him deep baby.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree now if Seattle is in the running. That would not be good if They signed him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They need to evolve their offense and with Graham in it...I'm sending him deep baby.

I could buy that.

But just like the NFL draft (when I wanted the Niners to draft Graham), Bowman might stand in the way. This time in terms of money.

I can't see the Niners affording him unless they traded one of the starting linebackers & replaced the position with a much cheaper guy.

Also, with the equivalent of 2 first round picks (they probably wouldn't even have to spend that much), the Niners could easily get one of the top 2 TEs in the current NFL draft for a ton less money. They're not Jimmy Graham, but there are a couple of really good ones.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could buy that.

But just like the NFL draft (when I wanted the Niners to draft Graham), Bowman might stand in the way. This time in terms of money.

I can't see the Niners affording him unless they traded one of the starting linebackers & replaced the position with a much cheaper guy.

Also, with the equivalent of 2 first round picks (they probably wouldn't even have to spend that much), the Niners could easily get one of the top 2 TEs in the current NFL draft for a ton less money. They're not Jimmy Graham, but there are a couple of really good ones.

We are $15M below the cap right now before we even talk to Rogers. Gore is up next year. Crabs will be up. The cap is increasing big time the next two seasons. We could easily afford Graham.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We are $15M below the cap right now before we even talk to Rogers. Gore is up next year. Crabs will be up. The cap is increasing big time the next two seasons. We could easily afford Graham.

Fair enough.

Another question is this: who would improve the offense more? Jimmy or one of the top WRs in the draft? Because the Niners could get a WR with less than the equivalent of 2 first round picks & also sign Alex Mack for that much. So essentially it would be:

Graham

VS

One of the top Rookie WRs & Mack

And I'm not even taking a position on this. It's a fair question. Graham might just be the better option.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh and there's also the Kaepernick situation to consider as far as Kap space goes.