• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and there's also the Kaepernick situation to consider as far as Kap space goes.

One more year left and we can tag him two years in a row after that. Problem solved. All while grooming a replacement if need be.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what our top 51 cap space would be with the new Boldin deal and without Rogers on a pre June 1st cut:
$15,160,766.00

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'll say this: I would much rather have Jimmy Graham on the roster long-term than Michael Crabtree, and they'd probably cost around the same amount. Only difference would be the 2 draft picks.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this: I would much rather have Jimmy Graham on the roster long-term than Michael Crabtree, and they'd probably cost around the same amount. Only difference would be the 2 draft picks.

Or sign him next year.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also have to think that if any NFC team did this. That while it may strengthen them with graham it could also strengthen the saints even more in the future with 2 first rounders. Tough call.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One more year left and we can tag him two years in a row after that. Problem solved. All while grooming a replacement if need be.

I wouldn't mind this situation. There has to be a QB prospect out there that Harbaugh can groom.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since the Saints didn't give him the exclusive franchise tag; another team can offer him a deal and if the Saints elect not to match then they receive two first round picks from the signing team.

Who would give up the contract it would take plus two first round picks for Graham? We do have a low first round pick...:)

The Saints are praying that somebody offers him a contract Graham accepts. Two 1st rounders for Jimmy Graham! This is why they didnt hit him with the exclusive tag. They dont want to pay him the type of money he wants and so this would be an amazing out for them. I dont think that anybody bites though and I really hope the 49ers dont.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then, trade Crabtree and what pick for Graham? Right?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Then, trade Crabtree and what pick for Graham? Right?

Any scenario in which the Niners trade Michael Crabtree would get my interest, but that's not where I was going with that. I was just pointing out how much better Jimmy is (even at WR) than Crabby, and they'd have about the same cap hit.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners trade...would get my interest

I find this shocking

As far as "crazy ideas that will never happen" go, I really like this one. Graham and Vernon on the same team would be downright nasty and a receiver like Graham should put this offense over the top, especially when coupled with all the other offensive talent. I can't imagine that even Kap could screw that up.

Lets do it bros.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any scenario in which the Niners trade Michael Crabtree would get my interest, but that's not where I was going with that. I was just pointing out how much better Jimmy is (even at WR) than Crabby, and they'd have about the same cap hit.
Crab is on the field on every down. That is really all you need to know that Crabtree is the better player and worth the money of Jimmy Graham.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Crab is on the field on every down. That is really all you need to know that Crabtree is the better player and worth the money of Jimmy Graham.

Jimmy Graham could play every down as well. He could a the starting WR and the #2 TE in 2 TE packages.

It's Ray's idea, and we all know it's far-fetched. But it's an interesting thought.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest upside is we'd have a TE that could actually dunk a football over the crossbar.......

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It's not like two first-round draft picks are very valuable anyway. Particularly in this draft.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Graham could play every down as well. He could a the starting WR and the #2 TE in 2 TE packages.

It's Ray's idea, and we all know it's far-fetched. But it's an interesting thought.
Graham is too big and slow to be spread out wide. He would never get the separation needed against CB to get off the line. Lacks the physicality.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Jimmy Graham seems highly unlikely for New Orleans Saints - ESPN

This talks about a team with a top QB being more likely to do the deal, but that seems no more likely than a different team. If you have Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, they'll make due with lesser TEs and spread the ball around. They don't need Graham. Not saying that one could be bailed out by Graham, but two first rounders when you have a front office that picked a great QB (granted it is an educated guess)? Then again, I do see how one on the precipice of a championship run could get over the hump with him, it's just two first rounders is a lot. I'd see a team that felt that they could be Super Bowl contenders with Graham doing it, not those that already are contenders.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Jimmy Graham seems highly unlikely for New Orleans Saints - ESPN

This talks about a team with a top QB being more likely to do the deal, but that seems no more likely than a different team. If you have Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, they'll make due with lesser TEs and spread the ball around. They don't need Graham. Not saying that one could be bailed out by Graham, but two first rounders when you have a front office that picked a great QB (granted it is an educated guess)? Then again, I do see how one on the precipice of a championship run could get over the hump with him, it's just two first rounders is a lot. I'd see a team that felt that they could be Super Bowl contenders with Graham doing it, not those that already are contenders.

Two first rounders is a lot but it is more palatable for me when our two first rounders will be more like 2nd rounders.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two first rounders is a lot but it is more palatable for me when our two first rounders will be more like 2nd rounders.

True. I also put Kaepernick RIGHT NOW in the category of a QB who can do a lot with the big stars but RIGHT NOW, needs them for his offense to go. Obviously, the defense can and has made up for those offensive struggles with lack of targets, but looking just as the offense goes, RIGHT NOW, he's not in Brady/Rodgers category of making do. He's also not in the category of wasting supporting talent, except when he locks in on Crabtree - maybe he'd do that less with Davis AND Graham. So this move would be better for us than for Green Bay or New England.