• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I also put Kaepernick RIGHT NOW in the category of a QB who can do a lot with the big stars but RIGHT NOW, needs them for his offense to go. So this move would be better for us than for Green Bay or New England. Obviously, the defense can make up for that offensive struggles with lack of targets, but looking just as the offense goes, RIGHT NOW, he's not in Brady/Rodgers category of making do. He's also not in the category of wasting supporting talent, except when he locks in on Crabtree - maybe he'd do that less with Davis AND Graham.

Man I would hope so.:gaah:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, can you imagine, Crabs, Boldin, Patton, Davis, and Graham. thats a Quarterbacks wet dream.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He had an excuse with Crabs down last year. There are absolutely no excuses right now for a QB with this o-line, the three headed monster of Gore/Hunter/Lattimore, Crabs, Boldin, and Davis. Getting anything out of Patton and adding another playmaking WR is already a QB's wet dream. If Graham were added instead of the WR, the talent level would be over the top ridiculous.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The biggest concern for me with Kap is his ability to perform under pressure - and I don't mean pressure situations, I mean pass rush pressure. He has a great OL, but if we give him the kind of contract he's seeking, that's likely to go by the wayside. Can he execute when he doesn't have a slew of pro bowl caliber OL in front of him? That's one of the huge questions going forward.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pass on Graham. Just doesn't make sense. We do have to watch out if he goes to Seattle.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest concern for me with Kap is his ability to perform under pressure - and I don't mean pressure situations, I mean pass rush pressure. He has a great OL, but if we give him the kind of contract he's seeking, that's likely to go by the wayside. Can he execute when he doesn't have a slew of pro bowl caliber OL in front of him? That's one of the huge questions going forward.

I don't see a lot of guys talking about his failure to recognize Defenses. He really needs to get better at in that area as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I loved Jimmy Graham coming out of the 2010 draft, but I'll be rooting against him for the rest of his career now. Claiming he's a wide receiver is just more stupid, lawyer shenanigans. More trying to force the NFL to pay money to someone who hasn't earned it.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Jimmy Graham coming out of the 2010 draft, but I'll be rooting against him for the rest of his career now. Claiming he's a wide receiver is just more stupid, lawyer shenanigans. More trying to force the NFL to pay money to someone who hasn't earned it.

He is the best TE in the NFL hands down and should be the highest paid TE in the NFL.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is the best TE in the NFL hands down and should be the highest paid TE in the NFL.

I don't think he is. You'll notice a strong correlation between having one of the best QBs in the NFL and the TE's production. I'd take Vernon Davis over Graham on a neutral team. JMHO.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is. You'll notice a strong correlation between having one of the best QBs in the NFL and the TE's production. I'd take Vernon Davis over Graham on a neutral team. JMHO.

I love Vernon and I think he is the most athletic TE but that doesn't mean he is the best. My top 3 would be 1. Jimmy 2. healthy Gronk 3. Vernon

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I love Vernon and I think he is the most athletic TE but that doesn't mean he is the best. My top 3 would be 1. Jimmy 2. healthy Gronk 3. Vernon

Does Jimmy block? No. He is a great threat in passing game, but he isn't complete. So he can't be best in the NFL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The CBA is perfectly clear on the issue. You are what you line up as the majority of snaps. He lines up in the slot or outside 2/3 of the time.

Nothing else matters.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The CBA is perfectly clear on the issue. You are what you line up as the majority of snaps. He lines up in the slot or outside 2/3 of the time.

Nothing else matters.

If that's the case, then I was misinformed & I'll retract my statement. I thought his snaps in the slot still counted as TE snaps based on how he was lined up.

Ok maybe he is a WR. If it's that cut & dry I can't see how the NFL would've let the Saints designate him a TE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that argument will be made, but it would be relatively groundbreaking to call lining up in the slot lining up at tight end.

Why the NFL decided as they did? I'd guess that it's easier to get the hearing with the player filing the grievance than the team. I don't see how he can lose, though. His snaps are primarily at the WR position and that's all that is relevant to the tag under the CBA.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing else matters.

Then he shouldn't get pro bowl votes as a TE or anything else that goes along with it. He should be a WR in All Pro, Pro Bowl, Salary, and anything else you can think of. If a team were to tag him it should be for the WR price as well.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with that, but players have literally no say in the recognition they get. I don't think you're saying this, but others have acted like "accepting" recognition makes him a tight end, and it doesn't; certainly not contractually.