• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler wants out of Minnesota

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knox stays dammit... I would offer the wolves the choice between Hardaway or Lee and next years number one... ( I know salaries need to match up so it would probably have to be Hardaway )... next years number one should be decent since the Knicks might not get KP aback before January or maybe the year. This is my Knicks homer proposed trade.

I agree Knox stays. That is why I said he was way to high a price, I was arguing more against the view that the Knicks can just sign him in the off season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has much higher hopes for this trade than I do.

Khris Middleton, Thon Maker, and DJ Wilson? Hell yeah on that one!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem obsessed with me . I know , I know I troll your dumbass well, but I don’t swing your way.
What's up M3at?

You putting Knox in a Jimmy Butler trade?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knox stays dammit... I would offer the wolves the choice between Hardaway or Lee and next years number one... ( I know salaries need to match up so it would probably have to be Hardaway )... next years number one should be decent since the Knicks might not get KP aback before January or maybe the year. This is my Knicks homer proposed trade.
Ummmmm, nevermind...lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard or not and. I can't find anything showing both players and those picks.

"ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported the Lakers are attempting to trade the Nos. 27 and 28 picks along with Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson for Indiana Pacers star Paul George."

Yeah, I thought it was Randle or Clarkson too. Either way, it was considered the best offer at the time and was definitely fair.

It turned out well for the Pacers because Oladipo looks like he could be a star and Sabonis is solid.

I'd bet if the Pacers asked for Randle and Clarkson, plus the picks, they could have gotten that. But they took the OKC offer instead.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my question too.

Why?

I am not putting any stock into landing Kawhi until it happens.

Plus, Kawhi got butt hurt over what Tony Parker said about his injury. But, he'd be good with playing with Butler who incites his teammates at every turn?

Yeah....I'm confused...:scratch:

lol

Nothing against the Clips, but I find the talk about players not wanting to go to the Lakers and be overshadowed by Lebron so they'll maybe go to the Clippers instead to be...interesting.

Last I checked, the Lakers overshadow the Clips.

I mean, instead of going to the Lakers and be overshadowed by Lebron, they want to go the other team in the same city where they can not only still be overshadowed by Lebron, but also play for the team that is overshadowed by the team Lebron is on? :noidea:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Win TWINS!!! is correct.

He wants to renogotiate NOW.

This is a money grab.

:wave:

Sounds like he's not gonna show up for camp if he's not traded by then. Or at least that's the threat.

My question is why he didn't ask for this back in July? Why now, on the eve of camp....? Such a diva!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Nothing against the Clips, but I find the talk about players not wanting to go to the Lakers and be overshadowed by Lebron so they'll maybe go to the Clippers instead to be...interesting.

I mean, instead of going to the Lakers and be overshadowed by Lebron, they want to go the other team in the same city where they can not only still be overshadowed by Lebron, but also play for the team that is overshadowed by the team Lebron is on? :noidea:

Difference between being overshadowed in the same area/region/city, and on the same team.

Difference between being the #1 and #2 option.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Dude, I'm confuzzled....lol

Listen, I want all these things to be true.

I just don't understand WHY they would be...lol

Is Lebron unlikeable?

Do they smell blood in the water and think he's going to decline significantly?

I just don't understand the mindset which scares me about going for these guys.

On the flip side, it's the anti-Durant move.

Are these guys so ultra competitive that they honestly believe their presence alone is enough to pull these historically shitty franchises out of the dumpster?

Because that's delusional thinking at it's finest...lol

I like Butler.

But, Dude is not a #1.

Him and Kawhi, yeah.

Him and any other Free Agent not named Durant, Kawhi,,,,hell no.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between being overshadowed in the same area/region/city, and on the same team.

Difference between being the #1 and #2 option.
They are going anti-Durant.

We want to beat him, not join him?

If it were that, I'd love to have him.

I just don't believe that is the reason.

This is Deron Williams to the Ners, Melo to the Knicks all over again.

Shit on your team and your teammates and then stay with a bottom feeder strictly for the money.

He wants to pick his teammates and get the highest salary possible.

I don't think he's earned the right to do that.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going anti-Durant.

We want to beat him, not join him?

If it were that, I'd love to have him.

I just don't believe that is the reason.

He wants to pick his teammates and get the highest salary possible.

I don't think he's earned the right to do that.

If he shows up, and I'm Thibs.... I play him 38-42 minutes a game until he collapses....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm confuzzled....lol

Listen, I want all these things to be true.

I just don't understand WHY they would be...lol

Is Lebron unlikeable?

Do they smell blood in the water and think he's going to decline significantly?

I just don't understand the mindset which scares me about going for these guys.

On the flip side, it's the anti-Durant move.

Are these guys so ultra competitive that they honestly believe their presence alone is enough to pull these historically shitty franchises out of the dumpster?

Because that's delusional thinking at it's finest...lol

I like Butler.

But, Dude is not a #1.

Him and Kawhi, yeah.

Him and any other Free Agent not named Durant, Kawhi,,,,hell no.

Yeah, I agree. For me, it would depend on his motivation. If he has already been in contact with another top FA and they are planning on going to the Clips together...that would be one thing.

But if it's because he wants to be a #1...the Clips should avoid that at all costs.

Fortunately, you guys have The Logo involved. Unless he's "lost something of his fastball" (lol) I don't see the Clips bringing in Butler to be their #1.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. For me, it would depend on his motivation. If he has already been in contact with another top FA and they are planning on going to the Clips together...that would be one thing.

But if it's because he wants to be a #1...the Clips should avoid that at all costs.

Fortunately, you guys have The Logo involved. Unless he's "lost something of his fastball" (lol) I don't see the Clips bringing in Butler to be their #1.
* side eyes @WiggyRuss *

I hope they learned their lesson.

But, as the old saying goes....Clippers gonna clip.

So....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Win TWINS!!! ......

You are correct on his timing...

But Minnesota’s extension offer wasn’t technically the largest possible this summer. Theoretically, the Timberwolves could have cleared cap space to renegotiate his salary upward then offered a richer extension based on his new salary.

And apparently that’s what Butler wanted – and didn’t get – before requesting a trade.

Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic:

Butler was hoping for a renegotiation and extension of his contract this summer, one that would have raised his salary for 2018-19 to $30 million and added another four years and $145 million on to that.

The Timberwolves could have trimmed their roster to only their starters – Butler, Andrew Wiggins, Jeff Teague, Taj Gibson and Karl-Anthony Towns. That would have meant using sweeteners to unload Gorgui Dieng‘s negative value contract, dumping recent first-round picks Justin Patton, Tyus Jones and Josh Okogie and not using the mid-level exception on Anthony Tolliver. Only players who signed for the minimum could have still wound up on the roster.

Minnesota still wouldn’t have had enough cap space to renegotiate Butler’s salary up to $30 million.

Perhaps, Butler wanted the Timberwolves to take more drastic measures like trading Wiggins for little to no returning salary. But they clearly weren’t going to do that, and they’d long gone down the opposite road of adding salary. They weren’t coming close to clearing the $10 million of cap space necessary to raise Butler’s salary that much.

Report: Jimmy Butler wanted Timberwolves to add four years, $155 million to his contract this summer

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* side eyes @WiggyRuss *

I hope they learned their lesson.

But, as the old saying goes....Clippers gonna clip.

So....lol

The difference this time is The Logo.

If you guys didn't have him involved, the only way the Clips wouldn't be bringing him in to be their #1 would be if he chose another team.

With him involved, as long as it's not something in the water there in Clipperland, he won't let it happen.