• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Haslett has checked out

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO excuses for how badly this team attempts to tackle. Haslett is sitting up in the AC of the booth with his thumb up his butt.

RG3NDC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the whole team, coaches included has checked out. How does a team go from top 10 team to the worst in the league in 8 months? I don't get it. This defense just plain sucks!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted the defense has not played well but everyone wants to blame Haslett. The defense has the only two scores in the first half in three games. You can't win games with NO offense.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP here is off point.

When the player/scheme is not in position to make the tackle, THAT is the coach's fault. When the player is there and can't MAKE the tackle, that is on the player.

It's not Haslett's fault that he has no solid players in the secondary and a general terrible level of talent on the defensive side of the ball. Anyone who thought this would be a good defense heading into this year doesn't have any ability to judge the talent/ability of NFL players.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. What do we do to add more talent. The fans and knuckleheads on this board will riot if we actually do something in free agency and will accuse Shanahan of using Cerrato-like tactics. This is what I would do to fix this mess:

1. Fire Haslett. He has done a terrible job in his 4 years here and I have seen no improvement. Winning cures everything and thats what happened last year. If we would have been 6-10, Haslett would have been canned.

2. We need 3 new defensive starters: #1 CB, ILB and SS. DLine would help, but Jenkins will help sure up the line once he returns. Those 3 players alone would help to fortify the Defense in general. Fletcher looks old and slow out there. He has done everything to help this team but his time has come.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. What do we do to add more talent. The fans and knuckleheads on this board will riot if we actually do something in free agency and will accuse Shanahan of using Cerrato-like tactics. This is what I would do to fix this mess:

1. Fire Haslett. He has done a terrible job in his 4 years here and I have seen no improvement. Winning cures everything and thats what happened last year. If we would have been 6-10, Haslett would have been canned.

2. We need 3 new defensive starters: #1 CB, ILB and SS. DLine would help, but Jenkins will help sure up the line once he returns. Those 3 players alone would help to fortify the Defense in general. Fletcher looks old and slow out there. He has done everything to help this team but his time has come.

The team just drafted three DBs, you want to fire them too after 2 1/2 games?

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is getting better. We are still missing one of our starting line that will be back for the Dallas game. We forced 5 3 and outs today and that is much better then the last two games. Detroit is not a push over team neither. They came into the game 8th in YPG and we only allowed 50yds over their average. We should have won, but we still make too many mistakes and we have too many penalties.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is getting better. We are still missing one of our starting line that will be back for the Dallas game. We forced 5 3 and outs today and that is much better then the last two games. Detroit is not a push over team neither. They came into the game 8th in YPG and we only allowed 50yds over their average. We should have won, but we still make too many mistakes and we have too many penalties.

huh??? They were without their best RB and we still gave up 500 yards. We must have missed 20 tackles today. How are they getting better, just because Stafford missed a couple of wide open receivers on 3rd down?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP here is off point.

When the player/scheme is not in position to make the tackle, THAT is the coach's fault. When the player is there and can't MAKE the tackle, that is on the player.

It's not Haslett's fault that he has no solid players in the secondary and a general terrible level of talent on the defensive side of the ball. Anyone who thought this would be a good defense heading into this year doesn't have any ability to judge the talent/ability of NFL players.

Who is talking about having a "good" defense? How about just one that doesn't make every QB they face look like the second coming of Montana? Also - in terms of talent on the field who do you think had a huge hand in drafting those guys or picking them in free agency? You guessed it.

How do you also explain players like Orakpo making big mistakes & sometimes being out of position. If - as you allude to above - it is not on the coach - fine - then it really won't matter if he is canned since apparently he makes no difference.

Why does everyone always want to protect this guy? What does he bring to the table. How about possibly a change of coaches just to put everyone on notice that nobody is safe? I truly believe that there does need to be a sense of urgency for this team unless everyone is fine with say a 4-12 record.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, every time we ask Orakpo to drop back in coverage, he's going to be out of position. That is a scheme mistake. That is coaching. Anyone that thinks our defense is better with Orakpo and Kerrigan as pass defenders instead of pass rushers is out of their minds.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is talking about having a "good" defense? How about just one that doesn't make every QB they face look like the second coming of Montana? Also - in terms of talent on the field who do you think had a huge hand in drafting those guys or picking them in free agency? You guessed it.

How do you also explain players like Orakpo making big mistakes & sometimes being out of position. If - as you allude to above - it is not on the coach - fine - then it really won't matter if he is canned since apparently he makes no difference.

Why does everyone always want to protect this guy? What does he bring to the table. How about possibly a change of coaches just to put everyone on notice that nobody is safe? I truly believe that there does need to be a sense of urgency for this team unless everyone is fine with say a 4-12 record.

Socal... with the way this defense is playing, I would really like to know where you are getting the four wins from.

Right now I expect the Raiders to butt r*pe this defense next week.