• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This I wholeheartedly agree with.

Me too. That second post by Clyde is 100% accurate. I mean, Alex still has his deficiencies yet teams are not able to exploit that because of Harbaugh and Roman of course. Harbaugh is a rare coach and I'm happy to see that fans are not taking it for granted.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde... also look at the program he built in Stanford. Those players are still majority his guys. And they looked really good on Saturday.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is the man but I also give a lot of credit to Roman and Fangio. They are by far the best OC and DC I can recall us having in a long time. Credit also to Baalke for not being a complete fuck up.

sssh!!!! don't give our coordinators credit!!!! or else greedy teams with HC needs would come and swipe them away!!!!

:deadhorse:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jed's primary focus when he took over the team was securing the new stadium, Both the scouting and hiring of Harbaugh was all Baalke.

Baalke has been one of the better GM's in the league since taking over the position two years ago - so while we may not know what he will do in the future his current performance has been very good and it ISN'T too early to say that!

What is this "farce" you are talking about?

the Owner gets credit for hiring the GM and approving the HC. won't argue Owners get more blame that they should, and less credit than they should, but some credit goes to Jed for Harbaugh.

the farce is when Jed said he'll conduct open interviews for the GM position, when all along he was going to hire Baalke. i'm not slamming him for hiring Baalke, but just saying the 'open interviews' wasn't so legit. there is a minority clause so guess that forced him to go thru the motions?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh on Alex:

''He's as tough as a $2 steak,'' 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. ''I grew up eating a lot of them. I know what I'm talking about.''

Classic. Haha.

The first time I saw that, they only included the first part and I misread it. I was like, wtf is a $2 streak? Makes much more sense, now, lol. I love this squad, from management to players. I was a little young to truly enjoy the previous golden years, but I'll savor it this time around.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Owner gets credit for hiring the GM and approving the HC. won't argue Owners get more blame that they should, and less credit than they should, but some credit goes to Jed for Harbaugh.

the farce is when Jed said he'll conduct open interviews for the GM position, when all along he was going to hire Baalke. i'm not slamming him for hiring Baalke, but just saying the 'open interviews' wasn't so legit. there is a minority clause so guess that forced him to go thru the motions?

By that logic we should thank Jed for not forcing us to trade back each year to take lesser expensive players in the draft. In every NFL organization there is the business operations side of the equation and the football operations side of the equation.

Yes, Jed gets credit for hiring Baalke and other high ranking officials but, other than providing a budgetary parameter for the football operations side of the equation the decision making process (as well as the scouting) for hiring Harbaugh was all Baalke.

As for the open interviews not being so legit - You could not be more incorrect. If you have the guy you want right in front of you, but you have to meet certain criteria before you can hire that person - then you meet those obligations as quickly as possible and move on. There is absolutely nothing illegitimate about that whatsoever.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is the man but I also give a lot of credit to Roman and Fangio. They are by far the best OC and DC I can recall us having in a long time. Credit also to Baalke for not being a complete fuck up.

I give huge credit to Baalke for not taking the conventional wisdom that when you have a new GM and head coach that you blow up the team. Although the lockout might have helped facilitate the decision to keep certain players, namely Alex (despite his stronger second half of 2012 and Harbaugh's preference -though some will think that to be lockout-induced), I give him mad props for not sending every questionable player away at his chance. With our success and improved play, some of those questionable players in hindsight don't look questionable, but at the time, there could have been a clean-out, lock-out or not. Although it is common for head coaches to have a lot of say, I give him credit for not being stubborn and limiting Harbaugh. His mastery of the salary cap and his negotiating philosophy is great for our future.

His draft, to me, looks good so far, but I'll defer to others on that and will wait until these picks get some playing time and time to develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I wasn't aware you were there for all the interviews. Can you break down what went on in them? I've heard others make this accusation, but without providing any evidence outside of Baalke getting the job. Maybe with your insider information you can shed some light on the farce?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Harbaugh press conference after the game it cracked me up. Starting to think he is on coke or soemthing lol probably not but he is out there sometimes. Maybe little jack is giving him no sleep lol.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh
George Seifert 1989-96
Steve Mariucci 1997-2002
Dennis Erickson 2003-04
Mike Nolan 2005-08
Mike Singletary 2008-2010
Jim Tomsula 2010
Jim Harbaugh 2011-current

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that Harbaugh is the best coach since Walsh. He has this team looking like one of the best in the NFL, if not the best.

I don't think the 49ers have been mediocre for a decade. Before Singletary, they were awful. I think Singletary brought them up to mediocre. He got some of the players to breakthrough, like Vernon Davis.

However, Singletary could only get them so far. Harbaugh got them into the next step. I also believe he would have done everything Singletary did and what he has done the past few years. Harbaugh is the best since Walsh, and could possibly be comparable when career is over.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh
George Seifert 1989-96
Steve Mariucci 1997-2002
Dennis Erickson 2003-04
Mike Nolan 2005-08
Jim Tomsula 2010

didn't tomsula end his coaching career undefeated? :thrasher:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think after a year and a half with the Niners, plus his work in college.....the only question is if he's as good as Walsh. Not even a question he's better than everyone since.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by threelittlebirds
Bem pulled out his 2006 year with the Rhein Fire, from the minor league in Europe

LOL! Yes I did, then I went and forgot his 49er victory - so his final coaching record is 7-4 not 6-4 - I'm thinking HOF!

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bill Walsh
George Seifert 1989-96
Steve Mariucci 1997-2002
Dennis Erickson 2003-04
Mike Nolan 2005-08
Jim Tomsula 2010

New 49ers coaching rule... Stay away from coaches whose first name is Mike... Stick with coaches whose first name is Jim...