• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Harbs much more than his OC and DC. I think Roman tries to get too cute at times AND although he seems to be changing (although at a glacial pace) Fangio is too conservative. Four man rush and drop into zone mode drives me crazy at times. I don't want Rob Ryan but please get a little more aggressive. I hate how we seem to ease up with a lead as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's somewhere in the top-5. Haven't really thought about a specific order, but I can't put anyone over Belichik a this point, even my boy Jim.

Jim doesn't have Tom Brady. He had Alex freeking Smith & still got a play or 2 away from the SB.

And Kap isn't exactly a shoe-in for the HOF either.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is perfect for us

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2k6n.jpg

77810-demi-lovato-laughing-clapping-BTkc.gif

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Jim #3 in the league. His Brother has a Super Bowl ring so as of right now he is ahead of him. Belichik is #1. I think he has the Potential to be #1 soon. Also I think he is the best fit for these 49ers.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim doesn't have Tom Brady. He had Alex freeking Smith & still got a play or 2 away from the SB.

And Kap isn't exactly a shoe-in for the HOF either.

But he drafted Tom Brady. In the sixth round.

Alex Smith was going to be a first round draft pick whether he went to the niners or not.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it wrong to say that I'm not in love and he still doesn't have me completely sold? I fully admit I was weary of it from the get go and he and his staff have done far more than I ever thought but I'm still not in love with everything yet. Listening to him and watching him at times is amazing, though. I will give you that.

His joviality with the press last night, post game, was disconcerting and seemd rather disengenuous after the thinly veiled contempt and disdain he normally treats them with. I'm not sold on him yet either; I don't like the way he coaches in big games. Never liked the style of play where one mistake can cost you the game. He wins though, you gotta give him that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The test is when we lose some of our coaching staff. He hasn't had to deal with that yet. I bet we lose 1-2 guys this year. Lets see who he brings in.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His joviality with the press last night, post game, was disconcerting and seemd rather disengenuous after the thinly veiled contempt and disdain he normally treats them with. I'm not sold on him yet either; I don't like the way he coaches in big games. Never liked the style of play where one mistake can cost you the game. He wins though, you gotta give him that.

If you are not sold on him yet then you have no clue about football. What more you want this guy to do. He turned a 4-12 team around and been to the playoffs in his 1st 3 years, went to the Super Bowl, went to 2 NFC championship games and won the division 2 times. Damn .

Its just like the negative talk about Kap. In the game thread Kap and offense scores 17pts straight in the 2nd half and people were still bashing him. He helped us get to the super bowl and was a main reason we won in the playoffs and brought us back in the Super Bowl. The kid can play. Every QB has troubles. The great Payton has 1 Super Bowl. He chokes a lot in the playoffs.

If you aren't sold on Kap or Harbaugh then it might be time to find another team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The test is when we lose some of our coaching staff. He hasn't had to deal with that yet. I bet we lose 1-2 guys this year. Lets see who he brings in.

I wouldn't mind losing Roman or Fangio.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But he drafted Tom Brady. In the sixth round.

Alex Smith was going to be a first round draft pick whether he went to the niners or not.

Well that speaks to BB being a great GM not a great HC. And he is a great HC; don't get me wrong. But I'll take Harbs taking Alex to an NFC Championship and a 1st-year starting Kap to a SB over Bill cheating his way to 3 rings w/ one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you are not sold on him yet then you have no clue about football. What more you want this guy to do. He turned a 4-12 team around and been to the playoffs in his 1st 3 years, went to the Super Bowl, went to 2 NFC championship games and won the division 2 times. Damn .

Its just like the negative talk about Kap. In the game thread Kap and offense scores 17pts straight in the 2nd half and people were still bashing him. He helped us get to the super bowl and was a main reason we won in the playoffs and brought us back in the Super Bowl. The kid can play. Every QB has troubles. The great Payton has 1 Super Bowl. He chokes a lot in the playoffs.

If you aren't sold on Kap or Harbaugh then it might be time to find another team.

He does have another team. It's the Seahawks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that speaks to BB being a great GM not a great HC. And he is a great HC; don't get me wrong. But I'll take Harbs taking Alex to an NFC Championship and a 1st-year starting Kap to a SB over Bill cheating his way to 3 rings w/ one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

He helped develop Brady to being one of the greatest. Brady wasn't great at Mich.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mangini can take over at DC if we lost Fangio.

As long as he plays aggressively, I'd be OK with that. Get someone who can design some decent blitz packages.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He helped develop Brady to being one of the greatest. Brady wasn't great at Mich.

This is true, but even the best QB whisperer (who happens to be Jim Harbaugh) can't make chicken soup of chicken poop. At some point Brady's gotta just be great regardless of coaching. And it's not like Bill could've have made Alex Smith into a HOFer.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but even the best QB whisperer (who happens to be Jim Harbaugh) can't make chicken soup of chicken poop. At some point Brady's gotta just be great regardless of coaching. And it's not like Bill could've have made Alex Smith into a HOFer.

I agree but you also need a couch who gives you a shot like BB did. He dumped Bledsoe and took a chance. That is what great coaches do. Same with Harbaugh. He dumps Smith after he went 20-21 in his last game and he went with his gut and knew Kap gives this team the best chance to win a Super Bowl. Some coaches are scared to make a change.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I agree but you also need a couch who gives you a shot like BB did. He dumped Bledsoe and took a chance. That is what great coaches do. Same with Harbaugh. He dumps Smith after he went 20-21 in his last game and he went with his gut and knew Kap gives this team the best chance to win a Super Bowl. Some coaches are scared to make a change.

Well we're in agreement they're both great head coaches. I just think Harbaugh has made the 49ers just as competitive as Bill did w/ the Pats, but he's working with MUCH inferior QB-play. Like not even close QB-play. And QB-play decides more than just about anything else in the NFL.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we're in agreement they're both great head coaches. I just think Harbaugh has made the 49ers just as competitive as Bill did w/ the Pats, but he's working with MUCH inferior QB-play. Like not even close QB-play. And QB-play decides more than just about anything else in the NFL.

Yes 100% Brady is better then Kap but We have a much better RB and WRs then Brady has ever had. Imagine Brady with gore like running back and WRs like Boldin and Crabtree and throw in VD. Damn know one would beat them. I know they have Gronk but they haven't won anything since he has been there.