• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Harbaugh nearly traded to the Browns

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there can't really be anything to this rumor.

Even if Harblah wanted out, going to the Browns? :scratch: That organization is a complete train wreck. That is a head coach killer if ever there was one. No one would leave a decent gig for that shit hole and bad owner.

And if SF was really having a falling out with him why would they dump him at this point without having a better replacement in mind. Harbs might be a fucking loon, but he has taken them to the SB and to how many NFCCG's? His choice of QB may end up biting him in the ass (too early to know for the long run), but outside of that what has he done wrong for that organization? They are one of the top 4 teams in the game right now. You don't send that away without having a replacement and who would fit that bill?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is from Ohio and has always been a Browns fan.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing should be looked at from Harbaughs perspective for one he is from Ohio and is a big Brown's fan and if he leaves to go there say after this year he will make top dollar and sign some long term deal with conditions i bet (He seems like that type of person) he has full control,draft,FA etc etc so in six years he very well could have a team that he molded with some luck.

That's my opinion anyway,the guy is very competitive he would gladly take the challenge imo.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the report, Harbaugh decided to stay in San Francisco, but another report, by Joe Lull on 92.3 The Fan, claimed the real reason a trade was not made is the Browns would not meet the 49ers demands for draft picks. The Browns have 10 picks in 2014.

Here is another angle. Harbaugh and Lombardi are close friends. Lombardi’s son, Myck, is Harbaugh’s personal assistant.
Harbaugh has two years left on his contract. Letting this story leak at this time, if it started with Mike Lombardi, could be a way to get a new contract for Harbaugh.

Mike Florio of ProFootballtalk.com was on a San Francisco radio station, 95.7 The Game, and said Harbaugh might have approved the trade but that Harbaugh’s wife, Sarah, wouldn’t go along with it.
“Speculation that I’ve heard is that Harbaugh’s family, specifically his wife, wanted to stay put,” Florio said.
According to one report, when the Browns called the 49ers in January seeking permission to interview 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Harbaugh said he — Harbaugh — would be interested in the job. The report also said Harbaugh and 49ers general manager Trent Baalke do not get along.

Browns notes: Cleveland Browns reportedly offered draft picks for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is like, really super funny Regent. I mean ha ha. Almost traded a coach for a bucket of chicken? How do you come up with this awesomely witty material? Countered for two buckets of chicken?? OMFG...I almost really ROLFED because you are so stinking HILARIOUS!!!! Such a well thought out joke, I would have thought you would have got WAY more than just two likes for your mad jokin' Skillz!

I'm like...:10::lol::laugh3::hammer::rofl:

So, so Funny man. And I mean that. That was a REALLY, REALLY good post you made there. I mean REALLY??

How cute, looks like somebody forgot to take a nap.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there can't really be anything to this rumor.

Even if Harblah wanted out, going to the Browns? :scratch: That organization is a complete train wreck. That is a head coach killer if ever there was one. No one would leave a decent gig for that shit hole and bad owner.

And if SF was really having a falling out with him why would they dump him at this point without having a better replacement in mind. Harbs might be a fucking loon, but he has taken them to the SB and to how many NFCCG's? His choice of QB may end up biting him in the ass (too early to know for the long run), but outside of that what has he done wrong for that organization? They are one of the top 4 teams in the game right now. You don't send that away without having a replacement and who would fit that bill?

Exactly. No one with any self respect would put their name on this laughable shit.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe they fired Chud. He was actually doing a pretty good job. I guess Cleveland forgot that they were leading the division at one point during the season. They lost the lead was when Chud's starting QB went down. They were looking crisp that game against the Bills too early on with Hoyer.

With two first round picks and Chud's man Hoyer, they might have been able to do some damage this year. They could've kept Hoyer, let Chud further develop him, and draft Sammy Watkins and another DB to help Haden.

That team could've been super dangerous, but instead they'll draft Johnny Football who will be injured at some point and continue to be the Browns.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NN is going to explode if any more rumors or stories come out about Harbs being traded.

I remember a while back on the ESPN boards a discussion regarding whether Baalke and Harbs were on the same page about the types of players they wanted for the team in regards to troublemakers, DUIs, etc. All the Niner fans, just kept backing their boys and saying Baalke makes the decisions and Harbaugh coaches them up. Apparently, it is more complicated then that and when Sando reports what he heard about unsubstantiated stories coming out of SF, you know something is happening. I don't think Sando would just drop something like that out there without trusting who he heard it from.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NN is going to explode if any more rumors or stories come out about Harbs being traded.

I remember a while back on the ESPN boards a discussion regarding whether Baalke and Harbs were on the same page about the types of players they wanted for the team in regards to troublemakers, DUIs, etc. All the Niner fans, just kept backing their boys and saying Baalke makes the decisions and Harbaugh coaches them up. Apparently, it is more complicated then that and when Sando reports what he heard about unsubstantiated stories coming out of SF, you know something is happening. I don't think Sando would just drop something like that out there without trusting who he heard it from.

Oh there is a lot more to this,York denied there was even any talks and now he admits it.

Check this out.

"San Francisco 49ers owner Jed York says the team wants to keep Jim Harbaugh and had "no interest" in a deal to send the coach to the Cleveland Browns.

York addressed Harbaugh-to-Cleveland reports Monday in an interview with the Sacramento Bee. Although he acknowledged the Browns inquired about Harbaugh, York emphasized that the Niners quickly rejected the proposed deal.

"Not far at all," York told the Bee when asked how far talks progressed. "We had no interest in entering those discussions."

San Francisco 49ers quickly rejected Cleveland Browns' Jim Harbaugh talks, owner Jed York says - ESPN

The talks went a lot further than what was first said.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the only thing worse than playing for the Browns would be playing for the Browns while being coached by Jim Harbaugh.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Harbaugh, I wouldn't be surprised if he's let go when the 49ers don't make the playoffs with him. He acts like such a dork on the sideline and I wonder how his screaming and coaching attitude impact players at a mental level.

Seattle developed an environment that constantly stresses competing, but they do it in a very healthy manner. Yoga, psychologists work with players, very approachable coaching group, healthy locker room, heck Carroll even plays pranks to lighten the mood (harmless ones).

I get the impression that the 49ers locker room is much more tense and I would think Harbaugh seems a bit unapproachable. To me he seems like he would have zero compassion.

But that's all assumption based on what I've seen from him on the field. Either way, his field antics have gotta go. That TD that was not immediately called one during the NFC divisional game against Carolina was flat out ridiculous. I can't imagine the 49ers (always a class organization) ownership really admires or likes that.

I also think the 49ers are nearing a dangerous moment. Justin Smith goes and I feel that defense is F'd. Bowman's injury could REALLY hurt (which is unfortunate) and Gore continuing at a dangerous age is another concern. I feel that losing Gore and J. Smith (could be this year) could de-rail the whole package. Those two are such cogs in the wheel (especially Justin). Losing the best 3-4 DE in the NFL is a serious blow.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ShermanTIp.gif

The straw that broke the camel's back. :yes:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only thing worse than playing for the Browns would be playing for the Browns while being coached by Jim Harbaugh.

Browns problem was mostly front office and an owner unwilling to deal with it because they were yes men. It was only when a true fan revolt was really gaining traction, that he fired his incompetent yes men.

But the Browns are such a mess, even a coach like Harbs wouldn't be able to fix things.

Cleveland is a dying city and never should of received the new franchise.

Last edited by a moderator: