• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets win could hurt Bengals

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IF that happens, I think you go with the next most dominant player at his position: Kyle Pitts. You talk about mismatches - this kid is a STUD at TE. Could you imagine Burrow throwing to Higgins, Boyd, and Pitts eating up the middle? MAN - OH - MAN!

You also could still end up with some really good WR's - but you also need OL - in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I like Chase - I love Pitts. And I hate UF - so....

Pitts is interesting. I'm pretty sure a top 3 pick would be the earliest a TE has ever been drafted but he jumps off the screen every time I watch UF play. It might be ideal to trade down a few spots before picking him but I wouldn't lose sleep if they took him at 3.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really need to get over this Zimmer thing. He‘s not the answer.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really need to get over this Zimmer thing. He‘s not the answer.

He's better than any DC we've had here over the past 20 years or so. And he's certainly an upgrade over Lou. What is plan b?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Bengals fans are overly paranoid about losing out on Sewell. The Jets were a **** hair away from 0-16. They have holes everywhere. They need talent at just about every position group of their football team. If they miss out on Lawrence, I think they trade down. I can’t see them double dipping at LT after taking Becton the year prior.
So what about t he Bengals after drafting Williams 2 years ago, a guy who has played decent in the time he has actually seen the field. Are we going to double dip ourselves then at the same position?

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about t he Bengals after drafting Williams 2 years ago, a guy who has played decent in the time he has actually seen the field. Are we going to double dip ourselves then at the same position?

Williams needs to show he can stay on the field. Also, I believe he played RT at Alabama

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams needs to show he can stay on the field. Also, I believe he played RT at Alabama

Williams played LT at Alabama and was considered the #1 lineman coming out of college that year.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams played LT at Alabama and was considered the #1 lineman coming out of college that year.

"Outland Trophy and Lombardi Award finalist as a junior in 2018, who secured the starting right tackle spot as a freshman and moved to left tackle as a sophomore, earning All-America recognition ... started every game of his Alabama career - 44 straight (29 at left tackle, 15 at right tackle)"

My point was that he's played right tackle before, and he can play there again, in between injuries.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Outland Trophy and Lombardi Award finalist as a junior in 2018, who secured the starting right tackle spot as a freshman and moved to left tackle as a sophomore, earning All-America recognition ... started every game of his Alabama career - 44 straight (29 at left tackle, 15 at right tackle)"

My point was that he's played right tackle before, and he can play there again, in between injuries.
I understand now. I was just referring to his last two years where he was an all american. He was not drafted to be a RT, but I would be happy as hell if he could be and be a good one, and have Penei on the other side. That Deonte Brown of Alabama is a road grader too. You have him in at G, Penei at LT and Williams makes an easy transition to RT...along with Hopkins and Su'a-Filo I think we have the makings of a good offensive line.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miscommunication, I just have specified that I meant he played there earlier in his career.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sewell #2

Pitts #3

Again - I am ok with this. Of course, this also means they addressed the T/G situation in F/A. I think you could also trade down as ATL may want to jump CAR to get a QB of their choice between Fields and Jones.

Still good WR's and some G's on the board in round 2. Grab an extra 2nd for ATL to move up and you can get one of each.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sewell #2

Pitts #3

Again - I am ok with this. Of course, this also means they addressed the T/G situation in F/A. I think you could also trade down as ATL may want to jump CAR to get a QB of their choice between Fields and Jones.

Still good WR's and some G's on the board in round 2. Grab an extra 2nd for ATL to move up and you can get one of each.
I guess I am not completely nuts?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sewell #2

Pitts #3

My question is, can he block at all?

I mean that is what Sample was drafted for, but I doubt we employ a 2 TE set regularly. Plus, Uzomah is coming back next year, he is not bad. Not nearly as good as Pitts, but not sure who would trade up with us but not put us down so far we miss out on Pitts. Drafting a TE #3 overall seems crazy high if he is one dimensional to me. I would want a Shannon Sharp type TE if I am going to draft one #3 overall.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we may even beat the texans, they are pretty bad.

yea, the defense isn't as awful as you would expect from a 3-10-1 team.
still not great, but they're ok.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting kyle pitts in the first round...

well, I hope not.
Sewell to the Jets would hurt. but a good blindside tackle isn't overlooked by that many teams in the draft.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we would need to address the OL somehow... brining a rehabbed Burrow back to a mediocre line is not a good plan.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess I am not completely nuts?
Not nuts but I do think it's a strange pick from the Jets perspective. You would have to move either Becton or Sewell from their natural position of LT to RT. The Jets are just starting a rebuild and will have to pay them huge money 2nd contracts a year a part from one another if they're both as good as they seem to be.

Maybe I'm overrating Becton but if I have a 21 year old franchise LT there's no way I'm drafting a LT at number 2 overall

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than any DC we've had here over the past 20 years or so. And he's certainly an upgrade over Lou. What is plan b?
That was quite a coaching job tonight by your savior.