• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Trade Up to 3rd Overall Pick

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they are trying to get Barkley.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Or they trade down and get a huge ransom with the leverage they have given the Broncos pick at 5. Win-Win deal for the Browns.

Yup, although a draft starting QB, QB, QB truly whittles away the chances of that happening.....but who knows....it only takes one team. More likely, they've got to start cashing in on all the chips they have now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft a QB.....he wouldn't see the field with Bridgewater and McCown ahead of him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft a QB.....he wouldn't see the field with Bridgewater and McCown ahead of him.
And that's completely ok to learn the playbook, work on mechanics, etc in a safe environment without the pressures of winning or getting hit.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with all of these trades involving QB's, you don't make the trade because probability says its a good idea (it's not) you do it because if you're right the dividends are huge.

Teams will really good QBs are perennial playoff teams that could win a Super Bowl in any year, if things fall just right. Teams without a really good QB a perpetually floundering and need to hit a perfect storm of acquisitions to even think of a Super Bowl.

It's definitely a risk. But it is a risk that you need to take.

The Jets have basically been in QB hell for most of the last 40 years, save a handful of randomly competent years from guys like Pennington, Testenerdy, O'Brien, etc. Getting a high quality QB would be a massive win for them and something that is worth taking big risks to get.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams will really good QBs are perennial playoff teams that could win a Super Bowl in any year, if things fall just right. Teams without a really good QB a perpetually floundering and need to hit a perfect storm of acquisitions to even think of a Super Bowl.

It's definitely a risk. But it is a risk that you need to take.

The Jets have basically been in QB hell for most of the last 40 years, save a handful of randomly competent years from guys like Pennington, Testenerdy, O'Brien, etc. Getting a high quality QB would be a massive win for them and something that is worth taking big risks to get.
In complete agreement.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's completely ok to learn the playbook, work on mechanics, etc in a safe environment without the pressures of winning or getting hit.

Bridgewater could end up being their present and future. If they draft a QB at #3 that'd be a wasted pick. Unless, they trade him in a few seasons for a late 1st or early 2nd and that's losing value.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other possibility is there is already a deal in place, which is why the Jets are so confident so as to trade to #3. Without knowing that as a fact, I'd be sweating bullets if I were a Bills fan.

I really hope the Bills don't panic and make a trade they'll instantly regret. If anything they should talk to the Browns about their #4 pick.
Either way, the Bills are gonna give up a lot, A LOT, ot move up, be it to 2 or 4. I think teh Browns will be more apt to move down than the Giants will

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater could end up being their present and future. If they draft a QB at #3 that'd be a wasted pick. Unless, they trade him in a few seasons for a late 1st or early 2nd and that's losing value.
Maybe!

But after this year Bridgewater will be pretty expensive if he puts up a good healthy year and the best window to win a SB is a QB on a rookie contract. So I can't fault the Jets too much here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgewater is a lottery ticket. Who knows if he can ever play again competitively?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take Barkley and add to the defense and that could be a contender for the playoffs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated it as a fact. You also seem triggered. Maybe get a doctor to look into that.

it's been said a good offense can be a strong defense.

Lets just pretend you didn't get upset with this post....

Darnold at 1 is laughable.
Measurable are fine but did you watch this guy actually play. Where to distribute the football is rather important and this guy is an idiot when it comes to that. I don't know, maybe the browns will, but it will be a major mistake to pass on the RB at one and take a QB at 4.

Seems to me you are the one a little triggered here and obviously very defensive to a different opinion.
Must be the team I "root" for.

LOL at you little buddy

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Giants are going QB, as well as the Jets with this trade, then I guess the early 'winners' are the Browns. Get to pick the two players they want.

Absolutely. Or they trade down and get a huge ransom with the leverage they have given the Broncos pick at 5. Win-Win deal for the Browns.
Coming out of this draft with the pick of the litter at QB and Barkley would be a GM's wet dream. The Browns could actually pull it off (but they're the Browns, so they will screw it up somehow). Unless the Jets have us all snowed and they moved up for Barkley, betting that the Giants are going QB at 2.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out of this draft with the pick of the litter at QB and Barkley would be a GM's wet dream. The Browns could actually pull it off (but they're the Browns, so they will screw it up somehow). Unless the Jets have us all snowed and they moved up for Barkley, betting that the Giants are going QB at 2.

I have more faith in the current F.O. of the Browns with Dorsey, Wolf and McCloughan. QB/Barkley would give most every Cleveland fan some hope.....or QB/Chubb. Pairing him with Garrett? It may make me believe Ben Roethlisberger if he said he's considering retiring.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s the point. Plus Mccown probably doesn’t have much time in this league. Give him 2-3 years to improve and that said QB could improve dramatically

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the point. Plus Mccown probably doesn’t have much time in this league. Give him 2-3 years to improve and that said QB could improve dramatically

McCown is a solid backup and I expect Bridgewater to supplant him as the starter 3-4 games into the season once he figures out the offense.