• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Trade Up to 3rd Overall Pick

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just begs the question who. Word is the Browns are drafting Darnold at 1 so that makes things interesting at 2 and 3.

Darnold does seem to be the guy leading at this point. Assuming it's still the Giants and Colts, well....I hear Chubbs name linked to Indy more than anything, so I'd stick with that as comfortably as I would Darnold/#1. The Giants? I have absolutely no idea where they're looking.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thats the thing, if the Browns really like one particular QB, they have to take him now, cause a good chance they lose 2 of them before the #4

Right. Think about this. What if the Jets traded up for Barkley..

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb move for the Jets. Why sign 2 QBs if this was your plan? They didn't give up next year's first so that's a plus but stll feel like too many holes to fill and they would have been ok at 6. Better spend the rest of that cap space and help this guy out now.

They signed Bridewater for one year....he`d be expendable being IF the jest chose a qb and sat him for a year.....that would make sense.......

And mcCown has gotta be close to being done.......

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thats the thing, if the Browns really like one particular QB, they have to take him now, cause a good chance they lose 2 of them before the #4
Here's an entirely possible scenario:

What if the Bills have a deal in waiting with the Giants; who are seeing if the Browns in fact select Rosen or not to consummate said trade

The Jets knowing this, have traded up to 3 confident in their guy be it Darnold, Allen, or Rosen it's hard to say for sure

The Browns at 4 can then ransom #4 to someone else to pick ahead of another QB needy team in the Broncos at 5. All entirely possible. Will it happen, who knows. But possible.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. What if the trade up was for Barkley?

Never thought about that.....I would think the Jets would get universally destroyed unless Barkley turns into a complete NFL freak. Even then....it's still not a QB.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold at 1 is laughable.
Measurable are fine but did you watch this guy actually play. Where to distribute the football is rather important and this guy is an idiot when it comes to that. I don't know, maybe the browns will, but it will be a major mistake to pass on the RB at one and take a QB at 4
That's the guy who keeps getting linked to the Browns at 1. I am right there with you that Darnold at 1 is kind of a joke when Mayfield is still available to you (Rosen will Eli the Browns) but that has been pretty consistent. Feels smoke-screenish, but the longer this goes it does make you wonder if they're serious about Darnold or not.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Think about this. What if the Jets traded up for Barkley..

I doubt it only cause it seems unlikely that Barkley would be their at 3

This move was strictly about them not missing out on all 4 QBs which was highly likely considering the Browns/Giants/Bills (via trade)/Broncos, could very well be taking a QB

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest loser is probably the Bills. Their main competition to trade up for Rosen is now picking ahead of them, and the Giants could just take a QB if they don't sell the farm to them.

Saints and Dolphins are more team Mayfield than Allen/Rosen.

Yes and no. No because if the Giants are really all in on Barkley then why risk not getting your guy by moving down. Yes in that the Bills are going to have pull off a Ditka/Saints type trade to jump ahead of the Jets and we all know how that trade worked out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it only cause it seems unlikely that Barkley would be their at 3

This move was strictly about them not missing out on all 4 QBs which was highly likely considering the Browns/Giants/Bills (via trade)/Broncos, could very well be taking a QB

So as a Giants fan, you don't see the Giants taking a QB or trading out?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an entirely possible scenario:

What if the Bills have a deal in waiting with the Giants; who are seeing if the Browns in fact select Rosen or not to consummate said trade

The Jets knowing this, have traded up to 3 confident in their guy be it Darnold, Allen, or Rosen it's hard to say for sure

The Browns at 4 can then ransom #4 to someone else to pick ahead of another QB needy team in the Broncos at 5. All entirely possible. Will it happen, who knows. But possible.

Considering what the Jets gave up to move 3 spots, I can only imagine what the Colts were asking from the Bills to move from 3-12..............The possibility of a Giants trade has me excited now cause they would be getting a haul for the #2....I still want Barkler

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have to think the Jets like 2 or even all 4 of these guys...What they didnt like was the idea of not having a shot at any of them

No one can give a true assessment of this trade for years, if the QB they select ends up being a Wentz like QB, no one in the universe will be saying they gave up too much

If true....I really hate that mentality. I just don't see how a team can like all of those QB's and would just 'settle' for the remaining guy. You make a pick like that, especially after the trade they just made, you get the guy you're targeting.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as a Giants fan, you don't see the Giants taking a QB or trading out?

Theres a lotta smoke around Barkley, too much to not believe he is their guy....If the Browns take Barkley, I could see a scenario where they trade with the Bills for their pick

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none. of. these. quarterbacks. are. head. and. shoulders. above. any. of. the. others. so. it. doesn't. make. much. of. a. difference. either. way.

your. obsession. with. the. browns. taking. a. quarterback. with. pick. one. is. neurotic.

Somebody call the paramedics, we got another seizure on our hands.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true....I really hate that mentality. I just don't see how a team can like all of those QB's and would just 'settle' for the remaining guy. You make a pick like that, especially after the trade they just made, you get the guy you're targeting.

Unless Mayfield is really their guy, a sentiment being discussed in NY now, and feel really strong about him being there at 3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a lotta smoke around Barkley, too much to not believe he is their guy....If the Browns take Barkley, I could see a scenario where they trade with the Bills for their pick

So its Barkley or go to #12? Thats a huge drop.