• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets trade for Tebow / Deal in Limbo / Jags in the mix

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just laughing at this situation. Elway is the executive of the year fellas. He was smart enough to get Miller last year, Peyton this year, and managed to get a draft pick (one? two? or three of them) for Tebow. Wow! That's crazy skills as an executive.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just laughing at this situation. Elway is the executive of the year fellas. He was smart enough to get Miller last year, Peyton this year, and managed to get a draft pick (one? two? or three of them) for Tebow. Wow! That's crazy skills as an executive.

Agreed (rep)! The guy is a freaking magician. He gets Von Miller last year the DROY. Gets Peyton Freaking Manning to lead his team this year and also gets draft picks while at the same time unloading the burden that it Tebow.

That is called a win win win win for the Broncos.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon could've been DROY.... cause it wasn't like he didn't nearly break the rookie sack record on limited snaps or anything... nah....

So when the Broncos don't make the playoffs, Elway is still praised?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks as I can no longer root for tebow

Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't say I rooted for him but I pushed off the negativity whenever someone was being obtuse about it and I like Denver more than dislike.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? We need :pray2: in NY. Oh Lord I already get way too many NY games, this will intensify the media circus out here - and prior to Monday, I didn't think that was even possible.

Terrible trade. Tebow brings these guys nothing but more drama. The Jets are such attention whores.

Maybe they thought Tebow attention would mean less Sanchez attention. I don't think it works that way, but just an idea (not seriously saying this is the reason).

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't say I rooted for him but I pushed off the negativity whenever someone was being obtuse about it and I like Denver more than dislike.

shawshank38.jpg

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow mania heads to New York the media will have a field day with him

yep i didn't think it could get bigger, but the way NY hypes itself I'm sure it will:burt:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Update: Tebow's impact on a new team
12:53 PM ET
Tim Tebow | Broncos | Interested: Jets?, Dolphins?, Jaguars?, Packers?

UPDATE: According to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer the Jets have acquired Tim Tebow from the Denver Broncos for a fourth-round pick.

Tebow just headed to the media capital of the world and will be a reserve behind a quarterback who has often struggled. Anyone who thought Tebowmania had died with the arrival of Peyton Manning in Denver were sorely mistaken.

Read on to see how exactly the Jets might use him and what issues the Jets may have to deal with after the acquisition:

- Tom Carpenter​

---

There was a long list of speculative suitors for Tim Tebow this week, following word that the Denver Broncos would be trading him. But as of Tuesday night, that list has apparently been whittled down to four. According to what a league source has told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the four teams that have had discussions -- either internally or with the Denver Broncos directly -- on acquiring Tebow are the Green Bay Packers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins and New York Jets.

Let's skip ahead a step, and project what an acquisition of Tebow would mean for each of these four teams.

Perhaps the simplest scenario is in Green Bay, where the club already has one of the NFL's elite QBs on the roster. As has been mentioned by ESPN's Chris Mortensen and others, the Packers take pride in their ability to develop QBs, and while Tebow may not see the field too much, this might be his best shot to solidify his skills in the traditional aspects of the position. Graham Harrell is currently slated to be the backup to Aaron Rodgers, so this could bring on an interesting camp battle for that job (and don't assume that Tebow would have an edge based upon what he did in Denver; Green Bay's offense is quite different).

For the Jets, Tebow would fulfill the Wildcat/Pistol QB role that was previously filled by Brad Smith. Remember, the new OC in New York is Tony Sparano -- the man who was partially responsible for installing the Wildcat package with the Dolphins. As with the Packers, an acquisition of Tebow won't mean that the incumbent starting QB will be released, but if Mark Sanchez struggles, there will be an incredible amount of public pressure on the team to make the switch to Tebow. Sanchez famously hasn't had anyone legitimately pushing him from the backup spot the past two seasons; with Tebow in place, that might still be the case from a traditional QB perspective, but that won't change the mind of enraged fans.

The situations in Jacksonville and Miami are somewhat similar: there are already two QB options on the roster, but neither of them is a sure thing and each franchise would be much better off -- from a marketing standpoint -- if they brought Tebow back to his home state. This is not to say that Tebow would necessarily be a better on-field option than Chad Henne, Blaine Gabbert, Matt Moore or David Garrard, but fans of both Jacksonville and Miami expected some sort of splash this offseason, and a signing of Laurent Robinson and a trade sending Brandon Marshall away aren't exactly what they had in mind. The owner of each of those clubs may have to over-rule his football people in order to make this happen, but there is a reasonable, business argument to be made in favor of doing so.

And if either of the Florida teams mentioned is the one that gets Tebow? It would be quite surprising if he doesn't wind up in the starting role, given the argument of the previous paragraph. If part of the argument for acquiring Tebow is that he'll help sell tickets and generate buzz, he's not going to be holding a clipboard on the sidelines.

- Tim Kavanagh​

James Walker
Jets must consider the effect on Sanchez

"Would starting quarterback Mark Sanchez be OK with adding Tebow? I'm sure there would be mixed feelings. On one hand, Sanchez has the security with the Jets after getting a five-year extension. He will be New York's quarterback for at least the next two years. That could be enough for Sanchez to be fine with adding Tebow as his backup. However, the fans don't care about finances, particularly in the win-now culture of New York. If Sanchez has a bad stretch of two or three games, fans will be clamoring for the wildly popular Tebow, especially after Tebow propelled Denver last season and won a playoff game. Sanchez would have to play well and consistent throughout the season or there will be plenty of fan pressure. That is something the Jets have to consider."

RICH CIMINI
Rapid reaction: A logic-defying move

"The attention-seeking Jets couldn't get Peyton Manning, so they take the next-best quarterback in terms of generating buzz. Sometimes you wonder if they're more concerned with back pages than victories. Hey, if we can't get a phenomenal quarterback, let's grab a quarterback phenomenon. ... The risk far exceeds the potential upside. At best, the Jets get a change-of-pace quarterback who can run the Wildcat a few times per game, gain 20 or 30 yards and cause a small headache for the defense. At worst, they get a divisive quarterback controversy that undermines incumbent Mark Sanchez."

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL wasn't Sanchez smashing Kim kardashian? She tried to get w/ tebow and he said he isn't looking to date a whore. Haha this might get even better than last year w/ tebow.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! The stupid bitches in Denver who idiotically paid out a 5 mil bonus to Tebow up front now expect the Jets to pay them 5 mil to cover their loss.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a surprise. Jets need to make news so they don't feel left out. I feel bad for Tebow. He really wanted to come back to Florida.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow - QB - Jets ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the NFL has encountered "hangup language" that could nullify the Jets' trade for Tim Tebow.
Schefter doesn't have finite details, but the deal has not been approved by the NFL. Per Schefter, the Rams "could wind up getting back into play" if the trade is nixed. The Jaguars and Packers also had interest in Tebow. Stay tuned.

Interesting

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not gonna work. Tebow's too good of a human being in general to fit in with that bunch of sorry asses.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a surprise. Jets need to make news so they don't feel left out. I feel bad for Tebow. He really wanted to come back to Florida.

How long is he under contract?? If I were him i would go back to Florida the second I was able....that is if they want to sign him.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was ESPN who said that the Jets believe Tebow will help with their locker room issues. Although, I'd guess it is just because the Jets got Tebow'd and they don't want that to happen twice a year if he goes to Miami.

What are people in their locker room going to be afraid to act up in the presence of a saint under constant surveillance from god?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got three years left on his deal. The holdup is contract language that requires a $5M payback from the Jets. So basically broncos are asking for the Jets to re-imburse them for bonuses already paid.