• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets are shopping Sanchez......to get Vick

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? This franchise just needs to be blown up and start all over.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this many times.......Vick WILL be starting somewhere next season.

Sanchez will probably still be on the Jets roster because nobody wants his salary as a backup. There's a very GOOD possibility Tebow is out of the NFL entirely, because nobody wants him as a QB.

Greg Mac may end up the Jets starter unless they get Alex Smith or Vick. But Vick would be better suited going to KC

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alex smith is not a qb worth trading for. he wouldnt fare any better behind the woeful jets Oline. He is a product of the 49ers great Oline and running game, and even then he got benched.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be holding on to Sanchez, because it would cost more to get rid of him than simply keep him as a back-up. From ESPN:

Because of severe cap ramifications, the Jets would be hard-pressed to cut Sanchez, who received a contract extension last March. The cap charge for such a move would be $17.1 million in 2013, although the Jets can spread it over two seasons if they designate him a June 1 cut.

If the Jets trade him, they'd have an $8.9 million cap hit. The Jets also probably would have to pay a large chunk of his $8.25 million guarantee to convince another team to take him, and that total would be added to the $8.9 million charge.

The Jets manage to shit the fucking bed in absolutely everything they do.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE but the jets knew the extension was a dumb @#$%ing idea from the get go. Thank god they coddled sanchez so his feelings werent hurt with the tebow acquisition.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alex smith is not a qb worth trading for. he wouldnt fare any better behind the woeful jets Oline. He is a product of the 49ers great Oline and running game, and even then he got benched.

Not sure the 49ers won't cut Smith. There are a large number of teams looking for a QB, but a lot of these guys will be available after june 1 anyway.

Vick should go to KC. Smith probably ends up in Buffalo. Not sure who the Jets would trade for, but it's clear they won't be starting Sanchez, and I doubt they go forward with Greg Mac as their QB unless he plays lights out these last two weeks.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gmac must really suck in practice or something..lol.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gmac must really suck in practice or something..lol.

From what I saw in the preseason he was the best QB on the roster to begin with......

Jets are just a complete failure from the owner down. They have no idea what they're doing

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw in the preseason he was the best QB on the roster to begin with......

Jets are just a complete failure from the owner down. They have no idea what they're doing

Yeah, I'm not saying he's the answer at QB, just don't get why they don't let him play for some extended time and see what happens. If he fucks it up, then you know.

And as a Bama fan, I'd like to see him get some action.

I understand they want a guy that can throw bombs, and gmac ain't that guy. He does have the intelligence and decision making though.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Jets bring Tebow on in the hopes of selling jerseys with no intention of giving him PT?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you meant "couching."

His NFL time hasn't been good, which we all expected, but at UF, he was one of the best leaders anyone has ever seen. Nobody can motivate the players around him like Tebow, nobody had his will to win and his work ethic.

That would make a great coach imo.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His NFL time hasn't been good, which we all expected, but at UF, he was one of the best leaders anyone has ever seen. Nobody can motivate the players around him like Tebow, nobody had his will to win and his work ethic.

That would make a great coach imo.

Will to win and work ethic mean little in coaching if you don't have the tactics and teaching ability to go with them.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jets brought in tebow to deflect the giants superbowl press. Selling jerseys didnt hurt either. Tebow should go to canada, if he succeeds then he will get another nfl shot. If he fails then it will be time to concentrate on his charity work.

Maybe pete carroll would be interested in rehabbing sanchez in seattle. Jets acquire matt flynn?? If they pick up vick the jets will official prove they are the most moronic franchise in the league.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish Buffalo or Arizona would get Tebow. Looked pretty impressive with just 1 year under his belt. He can be a great QB in the NFL, all he needs is a chance. We saw what he was able to do as basically a Rookie for the Broncos.