• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jermaine Kearse's circus catch

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the DB (#30) give up on the play and jump over the receiver that was trying to make the catch? Do the rules of the game put him in a lose/lose situation? If he hits the player on the ground will he get called for a late hit or, unnecessary roughness?

I know the Patriot's won the game and everything but, I have a feeling that this would have been a major topic of discussion had Seattle took home the Lombardi.

Thoughts

super-bowl-football-11-jpg.jpg

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he didn't want to risk an unsportsmanlike penalty especially at that point in the game but I did wonder and it's tough to tell from the one angle I saw live if he could have grabbed the ball while it was still being batted around.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was already contact with the ball so, he should have been able to break up the play by hitting the player trying to make the play.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many "wouldah/couldah/shouldahs" that night.........all's I know = it's about fkkn time the pats get that GIANT (pun) fkkn monkey off their backs...!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a one out of a million catch... I am sure the DB thought the play was over, and you cant blame him for that... In fact i give him credit for jumping over kearse like that... Results backfired on him, but the hit would have hurt the team every single time(except this one scenario)...

If you train your players to avoid the late hits, you cant blame them for missing out on freak play...

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......and every time I see that "Tyree/catch" I always wondered why Rodney Harrison could'nt of just knocked the fkkn ball off of his helmet...?!,.....*sigh*.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an error, but surely it had a lot to do with fear of an unjust flag if he went low.

That was Duron Harmon, the guy who made the late-game INT against Baltimore, but otherwise has had a fairly short and undistinguished career. He's one of many Patriot DBs from Rutgers.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many "wouldah/couldah/shouldahs" that night.........all's I know = it's about fkkn time the pats get that GIANT (pun) fkkn monkey off their backs...!

no shit..but I hope they never have to play another Super Bowl in Glendale. I am tired of these ridiculous circus plays at that damn place. :L

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no shit..but I hope they never have to play another Super Bowl in Glendale. I am tired of these ridiculous circus plays at that damn place. :L

.....Levi-Stadium (San. Fran.) next year, tex,.....Can't Wait...!,......it'll be a big deal next year = 50th anniversary,........celebs galore for that one...!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Levi-Stadium (San. Fran.) next year, tex,.....Can't Wait...!,......it'll be a big deal next year = 50th anniversary,........celebs galore for that one...!

I can only imagine the HOOP-la for that!!:L

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fluke catch. It's easy to point things like this out from a still photo and after the fact. Things are happening very fast in real time. He was probably thinking it was already incomplete and if he plows into the WR he risks an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the DB (#30) give up on the play and jump over the receiver that was trying to make the catch? Do the rules of the game put him in a lose/lose situation? If he hits the player on the ground will he get called for a late hit or, unnecessary roughness?

I know the Patriot's won the game and everything but, I have a feeling that this would have been a major topic of discussion had Seattle took home the Lombardi.

Thoughts

super-bowl-football-11-jpg.jpg

He probably thought it was an incomplete catch so a hit at that point would have been a penalty. Smart but not in this case.