• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Newberry alleges he and up to 15 49ers took Toradol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckyluke you are correct that Toradol is an NSAID and is not banned but Newberry and other's class action suit alleges that drug cocktails that included Percodan and other harmful drugs were routinely used by team doctors to keep star players playing when they were hurt. The reason Newberry is involved in the suit is he is alleging the amount and frequency of his Toradol injections were sufficient to cause his present medical condition that features Kidney damage to the level of Stage five which is a borderline need for daily kidney dialysis.

Here is a link that explains the suit: Retired Stars File Suit Alleging NFL Doped Them Up Like Race Horses

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Seahawks take illegal substances and they win the Superbowl. 49ers do it and all they end up with is a decade of misery. Lame.

We did not win the SB because Bruce Irvin took a PED.:L

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not win the SB because Bruce Irvin took a PED.:L

Mainly talking about your roided out secondary. I wouldn't be surprised if Harvin took something to heal his vagina quicker too.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say that with the injuries NFL players sustain, especially someone like Newberry, they could easily get a doctor to prescribe them shit-tons of oxycodone. It'd be like $250 for 120-150 per month (4-5 a day). Yeah, they'd be addicted, but it isn't like they'd be buying heroin off the streets.

I totally believe the NFL gave them opiates without knowing how bad withdrawals are, but it's a two way street. They have the option of taking suboxone, methadone, or going to rehab, but they probably like opiates because it helps with the pain of their injuries. The NFL didn't make big pharma as fucked as it is, so I can't see how the NFL should be blamed for something doctors do on the reg'.

Last edited by a moderator: