• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Newberry alleges he and up to 15 49ers took Toradol

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Seahawks take illegal substances and they win the Superbowl. 49ers do it and all they end up with is a decade of misery. Lame.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Toradol is a beefed up Advil. Getting a shot of, say 40-60 mg, is normal in the sports world and yes has been administered by Professional Sport Medicine Docs for decades. This isn't new news nor was it hidden. It's been common knowledge in the medical field.

I think Newberry will have a tough time winning that battle. As for prescribing narcotics, that could potentially have more weight, but again much of the burden falls on the patient. He would have a better chance of winning a malpractice suit against the doctor vs suing the NFL, however the latter definitely has more money.

Either way, I would be surprised if this goes anywhere. Maybe the NFL will settle out of court just because of the negative media light, but I sure wouldn't.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Toradol list not a PED unless you think that Motrin, Naproxen, and other NSAIDs are PEDs. Which would be quite ludicrous if you made that connection. I haven't been around the sports medicine world in a few years but Toradol wasn't banned back when Newberry played and I don't see it being banned today.

Most narcotic pain killers also we're not banned when Newberry played but I can't speak intelligently for today's NFL. Again though, the forms of narcotics he would have used would have little reason to be banned today under PED philosophy.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't actually bother reading the article because I assumed it was a nonstory. But he's not even talking about PEDs? What is wrong with him? And why is this a story?

Maybe I should read it then...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone know if that was a banned substance when Newberry played?

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sick - I am 99.99% sure Toradol was not a banned substance. But you'll have to look it up if you still have doubts. I'm so confident I don't care to waste the time.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tordol is nothing. Most starting pitchers in the MLB use it before they pitch. It is an injection in the shoulder to keep swelling down and helps the pitcher recover faster. Its basically a strong asprin injection

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick - I am 99.99% sure Toradol was not a banned substance. But you'll have to look it up if you still have doubts. I'm so confident I don't care to waste the time.

I don't think it is either. It's a non-narcotic and non-addictive according to this: NFL - Players like Tony Romo, Ronde Barber rely on new painkiller Toradol - ESPN

And it said: "the league educates players on the risks associated with all prescription medications and that each Toradol injection is carefully done by team doctors."

Looks like Maiocco doesn't have anything else to do, so he's trying to drum up support for all the assholes who are suing the NFL.

GET A JOB YOU WASHED-UP DOUCHE BAGS!

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think it is either. It's a non-narcotic and non-addictive according to this: NFL - Players like Tony Romo, Ronde Barber rely on new painkiller Toradol - ESPN

And it said: "the league educates players on the risks associated with all prescription medications and that each Toradol injection is carefully done by team doctors."

Looks like Maiocco doesn't have anything else to do, so he's trying to drum up support for all the assholes who are suing the NFL.

Why are you singling out Maiocco? He is only reporting on the lawsuit, as are writers all across the NFL. You and Toby sound like you are taking this news personally.

Show me where Maiocco is trying to "drum up support for all the assholes who are suing the NFL."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why are you singling out Maiocco? He is only reporting on the lawsuit, as are writers all across the NFL. You and Toby sound like you are taking this news personally.

Calm down. I said "Looks like Maiocco doesn't have anything else to do, so he's trying to drum up support for all the assholes who are suing the NFL." I'm speculating as to his bias in the tweet.

Look how he phrased the headline:

"Ex-players: NFL illegally supplied, administered drugs"

He doesn't say "ex-players claim NFL illegally supplied..." He put it in a way where people only notice the sentence: "NFL illegally supplied, administered drugs." It's a trick journalists use.

I think he's taking sides. It's called an opinion. And yes, I do take it personally because I think people who sue others and their asshole lawyers make the world a worse place for everyone 99% of the time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And by the way, Newberry's claim is asinine in the first place. The NFL "illegally" administered this drug?

The drug was approved by the FDA in 1989, and it was administered by team doctors. Newberry and the other dick wads in this lawsuit need to look up the word "illegal."

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down. I said "Looks like Maiocco doesn't have anything else to do, so he's trying to drum up support for all the assholes who are suing the NFL." I'm speculating as to his bias in the tweet.

He doesn't say "ex-players claim NFL illegally supplied..." He put it in a way where people only notice the sentence: "NFL illegally supplied, administered drugs." It's a trick journalists use.

I think he's taking sides. It's called an opinion. And yes, I do take it personally because I think people who sue others and their asshole lawyers make the world a worse place for everyone 99% of the time.

It's a trick? Journalists have been writing headlines like that for decades. I can't imagine being tricked by that unless you have never read a headline before.

I think your hatred of lawyers is clouding your judgment yet again my bro.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We can argue semantics about what Maiocco said, but you are basically shooting the messenger. I am, however, with you on your main argument about the lawsuit itself.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's a trick? Journalists have been writing headlines like that for decades. I can't imagine being tricked by that unless you have never read a headline before.

I think your hatred of lawyers is clouding your judgment yet again my bro.

Yes it's a trick, and just because they've been doing it for decades doesn't mean they're not taking sides. Journalists have been taking sides while pretending to be objective since they were printing newspapers by hand.

And yes, I fully admit I have a bias against lawyers (99% of them). But I'm honest about my biases. I suspect Maiocco is not.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Can I say I told you so now? As a military doc and now on the civilian side I know a little about my field...