• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeff Fisher picks the Rams

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Per Schefter and ESPN News.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Ha, poor Dolphins. Lost their targeted coach to an NFC West team two years in a row.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe they can finally beat the Seahawks out next season, after Carroll gets fired.

And with a repeat of this year, I would expect Pete to be looking for a job by the second week in Jan as well...

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid hire.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with a repeat of this year, I would expect Pete to be looking for a job by the second week in Jan as well...

For sure, I doubt three years of 7-9 will cut it... especially if the 49ers are able to bring back their most important Free Agents and rock out another 12 or more wins. Harbaugh's success puts more pressure on the new coaches in the West, well, I think so anyway... since their fans and owners will ask what is taking so long.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I took the following from off ESPNEWS:

Source says it was "80-20" Wednesday that Fisher would take Dolphins job, but team and Fisher could not agree on structure of organization. Dolphins wanted to keep GM Jeff Ireland as top decision-maker.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For sure, I doubt three years of 7-9 will cut it... especially if the 49ers are able to bring back their most important Free Agents and rock out another 12 or more wins. Harbaugh's success puts more pressure on the new coaches in the West, well, I think so anyway... since their fans and owners will ask what is taking so long.

I don't disagree at all. Carroll also gutted the team when he arrived so he has a lot of 'his decisions' on the field and failure to execute will be the death knell, IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know; CaI dno't think Carroll has done a bad job so far. He's done ok considering he's had Tjax at QB.

This is bad news. Fisher's a good coach.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't disagree at all. Carroll also gutted the team when he arrived so he has a lot of 'his decisions' on the field and failure to execute will be the death knell, IMO.

I remember having this discussion with you over on the Disney boards about Carroll and I have been wrong so far. I really wanted him as the next 49ers coach and I am thrilled to see what Harbaugh has done.
3Birds makes a great point too about Harbaugh. How many owners are now going to look at what he has done with this team and say I want results now.
I will give Carroll credit for beating the former World Champs last year in the playoffs but his 2 year run has been mediocre at best.

Fisher was a solid coach with the Titans and did a nice job of keeping his team focused when they were playing in 3 different cities in 5 years. Who knows... he might be doing the same with the Rams if they head on back to LA.

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know; CaI dno't think Carroll has done a bad job so far. He's done ok considering he's had Tjax at QB.

This is bad news. Fisher's a good coach.

Sick, wasn't Carroll instrumental in the decision to let go of Matt and bring in TJax? I seem to recall that is the way it went down - As for Fisher, I like Fisher as well and think he will do some good things with the Rams. Could it be that the NFC West puts two teams in the post-season next year?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why would they fire him? that would be a gift to another team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, wasn't Carroll instrumental in the decision to let go of Matt and bring in TJax? I seem to recall that is the way it went down - As for Fisher, I like Fisher as well and think he will do some good things with the Rams. Could it be that the NFC West puts two teams in the post-season next year?

Yes, but it was the right decision to let Hass' go because they needed to re-build. Tjax is just filling in 'til he can get his guy.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though they could've done worse, Fisher doesn't scare me much.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember having this discussion with you over on the Disney boards about Carroll and I have been wrong so far. I really wanted him as the next 49ers coach and I am thrilled to see what Harbaugh has done.

3Birds makes a great point too about Harbaugh. How many owners are now going to look at what he has done with this team and say I want results now.
I will give Carroll credit for beating the former World Champs last year in the playoffs but his 2 year run has been mediocre at best.

Fisher was a solid coach with the Titans and did a nice job of keeping his team focused when they were playing in 3 different cities in 5 years. Who knows... he might be doing the same with the Rams if they head on back to LA.

Yeah, I do recall our conversation on Pete...I kind of got the feeling that Seattle expected a lot more from this year than what was delivered. Next year will be interesting for Pete and possibly Ken as well.

I agree with Three as well with his sentiment regarding Harbaugh's success having an impact on the expectations of the other owners, especially if this 13-3 season represents the new bar on winning the West.

I believe most pundits figured 9-10 wins would take this division this year and suddenly the West is a 13 win division - Whaaaa?...(Not that it will remain a 13 win division but we have certainly shown that it can be)

I'm with you, I am a Fisher fan as well - I think he will do some good things with Bradford, Jackson & Co.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, but it was the right decision to let Hass' go because they needed to re-build. Tjax is just filling in 'til he can get his guy.

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone believing that TJax is a franchise QB...so that makes sense.