• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeez, so all of the analysts are nuts about Fuller

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even know the scouts were this high on the guy before the draft. I guess because I didn't want a CB, but the more I read on it. The more I like it.

Mayock has him rated as his #1 CB and one of the best players in the draft.

Mike Mayock rates Kyle Fuller as his No. 1 corner - baltimoresun.com

Other analysts giving the Bears an A for the pick.

2014 NFL Draft: Bears get an A for picking Kyle Fuller at No. 14 - CBSSports.com

I was also interested to hear he also started games at Linebacker and Safety in college. Hmm… Seems the kid can flat out play. Still think Emery reached, but I like this a lot more now.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they he is gonna be a good player.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick, we need lots of help on defense, and he can help in the run. dude should be playing very soon, and if there is an injury to one of our corners, they may lose their job.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another I didn't have this guy tabbed pick by Phil.
Hope he wows us in day 2.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he is not the flashiest defensive back we could have gotten, but most prepared to play in the nfl. If Tillman isnt hurt in training camp he should start as the nickel.

Think after we see Pryor and Dix blowing people up we would have chosen to go with a hitter. Jimmy Ward going first round too. Egon to Detroit, guess the bears wont have the only team with problems covering those receivers.

Jernigan, Nix, falling, should still get a good DT 19th pick in the second.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it should have been Calvin Pryor

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am nuts about Kyle Fuller. I remember seeing him as a projected early second round pick 2-3 months ago and thinking he could be the steal of the draft. I've been back and forth between him and Gilbert being the best corners in this draft, and I absolutely love the pick. I'm praying that Tillman changes his mind about moving to SS, because I think a secondary of Jennings, Fuller, Tillman, Conte is at least in the top half of the league.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched Kyle Fuller for 4 years in college, that kid can play. He is much more physical than his size shows. He tackles very well in space and can play man or zone. AJ McCaron had said he was the best corner he has played against. Look at some of the plays he made against Bama in the opener last year. He played Corner, Nickel, Safety on some occasions and a hybrid OLB position for us against certain teams, mainly GT and their option. He was all over the place vs GT this year.

The crazy part is in 2 or 3 years, his brother has a good chance to go in the first round as a corner as well making all 4 brothers getting to the NFL.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he is not the flashiest defensive back we could have gotten, but most prepared to play in the nfl. If Tillman isnt hurt in training camp he should start as the nickel.

Think after we see Pryor and Dix blowing people up we would have chosen to go with a hitter. Jimmy Ward going first round too. Egon to Detroit, guess the bears wont have the only team with problems covering those receivers.

Fuller's about as sure a tackler as you will find as a CB. One of the best parts of his game actually.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also sounds like Pitt was very interested in him at 15, so I guess they had to make the move when they did. I agree that Tillman should be moved to safety (I think everyone realizes this, but Peanut is in denial). If not, we'll see a lot of sets with a nickel corner. Fuller is too good to not be on the field, especially with the lack of talent at linebacker and safety.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fuller is the most complete DB in the Draft. Pryor reminds me of Louis Delmas from Detroit....headhunter, and that's about it. He'll probably end up hurting himself...and I don't know why, but my gut says Dix will fuck it up too....somehow...trouble with the law, or something.

I like the pick....kid is a sure tackler and is the most NFL-ready of the bunch IMO.

C

cubzzzfanincali

after Gilbert was taken, Fuller had to be second for us. He's bigger than Dennard. This is the first time I've been happy with an Emery first round pick. (I liked Long but mad he didn't trade down and take him where he probably would have been later).

On to round 2!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after Gilbert was taken, Fuller had to be second for us. He's bigger than Dennard. This is the first time I've been happy with an Emery first round pick. (I liked Long but mad he didn't trade down and take him where he probably would have been later).

On to round 2!

The only argument was that there was a pretty good chance that pick could have been traded down and gotten another third to fall lower in the first round where he would be taken. I dont think HaHa or Pryor would have been bad choices either.

Bottom line, if Emery got his guy, its fine he stayed at 14. Fuller is shorter than Tillman, but his arms are longer. Maybe our hopes will be answered and Emery will tell Tillman, for the best of the team, we want you to go out to free safety or somehow come up with a zone rotation that gets Tilman in the middle. Fuller played alot at the line of scrimmage too, so that is open, but dont want that position move again.

For all we know, Fuller could beat out Jennings as the starter. He could beat out peanut too. Neither case bothers me much if the best guy is on the field.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The only argument was that there was a pretty good chance that pick could have been traded down and gotten another third to fall lower in the first round where he would be taken. I dont think HaHa or Pryor would have been bad choices either.

Bottom line, if Emery got his guy, its fine he stayed at 14. Fuller is shorter than Tillman, but his arms are longer. Maybe our hopes will be answered and Emery will tell Tillman, for the best of the team, we want you to go out to free safety or somehow come up with a zone rotation that gets Tilman in the middle. Fuller played alot at the line of scrimmage too, so that is open, but dont want that position move again.

For all we know, Fuller could beat out Jennings as the starter. He could beat out peanut too. Neither case bothers me much if the best guy is on the field.

believe me, I wanted us to trade down. Badly. But I'm not sure that was on the table. It wasn't like last year, where we basically have proof, because there was a trade right after we picked Long made. Do you know that we had a decent trade down offer on the table last night?

It is extremely unlikely that he beats out Tillman or Jennings. His best shot is to break in and split time at slot corner, maybe giving Tillman spells from time to time, and step up if/when one of the starters gets hurt.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. He WILL NOT beat out Jennings or Peanut.

But Isiah Frey is out of a job, and I say good riddance. 16 games, and not one impact play from him last year at the Nickel spot...that is unacceptable, no matter how bad your D is as a whole.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure trading down would have been much of an option unless you were going to be okay with Dennard or Varrett -and those two guys came off the board one after another. It has been fairly widely reported that PIT was interested in Fuller at 15 - which is where I figured he would end up going. I didn't know the Bears were looking to go CB in round 1

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. He WILL NOT beat out Jennings or Peanut.

But Isiah Frey is out of a job, and I say good riddance. 16 games, and not one impact play from him last year at the Nickel spot...that is unacceptable, no matter how bad your D is as a whole.

This.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that I like about the Kyle Fuller scouting report/bio that I read is that he is described as an "instinctive" defensive player.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure trading down would have been much of an option unless you were going to be okay with Dennard or Varrett -and those two guys came off the board one after another. It has been fairly widely reported that PIT was interested in Fuller at 15 - which is where I figured he would end up going. I didn't know the Bears were looking to go CB in round 1

A lot of analysts had the Bears going CB, but I never bought it. However, apparently they knew something we didn't.

I like Fuller, and I'm glad to see multiple VT fans coming out of their way to say how highly they think of him.

:suds: