• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jason La Canfora's 2019 (way-too-early) NFL playoff predictions.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on.

I've lived long enough to see a couple of teams rise from the ashes up close if you will. When I lived in Tampa in the early/mid 80s...the Bucs stunk to high heaven, they stink again now but they rose up under Dungy. Same thing when I moved to ATL...the Falcons were terrible as well, home games blacked out, you only saw them on the road. Then they got a real HC in Dan Reeves and actually made it to a SB. Having a good NFL team in your city inspires/unites a city like no other sport IMO.

It definitely starts with talent in key positions and CLE has done that.

I've said several times...I think it's great that CLE is now competitive. Admittedly, it was nice to count on two wins from the Browns most every year, but that's over...makes for more suspense, more exciting to me.

And with the fan base the Browns have, I know it has to been more exciting. I just think going from a sub .500 record to expectations of winning the DIV is a pressure that not many in the building have felt yet.
They've done a great job of loading up at some important positions, but they've also got at least solid talent at nearly every position, and that's what makes me happy. Kitchens was able to get out OL playing as well as possible last year, and I'm hoping that continues this year. I'm excited about the rookies, too. Looks like at least 3-4 could get some solid playing time this year, at least as depth if not more.

I can't wait to see how things progress in the division over the next few years. I'm interested to see what happens in Pittsburgh at the QB position. You guys have young talent on both sides of the ball, but who is the QB of the future?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I am more concerned about his defense did in 2015 once he took over as DC. What did the defense rank (DURING the time he was DC?) It is hard to be a 2nd tier coach on a unit, because your players have to make the plays, and your DC calls the plays, and your GM gives you your players. Besides technique and helping study the playbook, what does one do?

He has been around quite a bit and his players seem to love him. We will see what we get out of him. I am not praising him as the next great thing, just saying yours isn't like head and shoulders about him. Is he ahead of him? I would say yes, as far as experience. Does that make him a better defensive coordinator before we even see what Anarumo can do? I don't think so.

I would rather try someone new then used the same old has been retreads that keep failing and getting a new job each year. Out with the old, in with the new.
You guys were long, long overdue for coaching turnover, that's something we can definitely agree on.

I guess when I look at the fact that Kitchens has experience with this roster, especially offensively, and had them playing fantastic ball over the second half of the year, it makes me less concerned about him as the head man. Having an OC and DC with multiple years of successful results helps a lot, as well.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fans finally feeling excitement to talk football, it's been long overdue for them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've done a great job of loading up at some important positions, but they've also got at least solid talent at nearly every position, and that's what makes me happy. Kitchens was able to get out OL playing as well as possible last year, and I'm hoping that continues this year. I'm excited about the rookies, too. Looks like at least 3-4 could get some solid playing time this year, at least as depth if not more.

I can't wait to see how things progress in the division over the next few years. I'm interested to see what happens in Pittsburgh at the QB position. You guys have young talent on both sides of the ball, but who is the QB of the future?

For obvious reasons, I'm focused on the Ben era...lol. Barring injury, I think he will likely play out his extension. Rudolph is the more pro style ready of the two backups, but Dobbs won the back up role LY...Yr 2 for Rudolph...if he wins the backup job...his rookie deal and Ben's extension are expiring close to the same time......if they extend him, they will give him the reins imo. If they don't extend him, the QB of the future is not on the roster right now.

A lot of the Hoop Steeler fans including myself have been through the dark period (that period between Bradshaw and Ben)...part of the game. Imagine the shock kids under 20 in New England are in for when TB finally calls it quits....lol

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Rams get the WC too but I could see them winning around 10 or 11. Drop a littlle

On five days rest you don't want to face a 0-2 Rams team.

On that note, didn't Cam have surgery this offseason?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For obvious reasons, I'm focused on the Ben era...lol. Barring injury, I think he will likely play out his extension. Rudolph is the more pro style ready of the two backups, but Dobbs won the back up role LY...Yr 2 for Rudolph...if he wins the backup job...his rookie deal and Ben's extension are expiring close to the same time......if they extend him, they will give him the reins imo. If they don't extend him, the QB of the future is not on the roster right now.

A lot of the Hoop Steeler fans including myself have been through the dark period (that period between Bradshaw and Ben)...part of the game. Imagine the shock kids under 20 in New England are in for when TB finally calls it quits....lol
You'll have to excuse my lack of sympathy for your "dark period" that included a Super Bowl appearance :tsk:

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fans finally feeling excitement to talk football, it's been long overdue for them.
giphy.gif