• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jared Allen

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver isn't messing around. They're landing big-name defenders left and right.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to become the Seahawks East on defense. Should have at least 8 new starters on defense for week 1 of the season.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously...we better patch up our offensive line or that first game against the Broncos is going to be hell for Russell with Von Miller and Ware off the edges and TJ Ward and Talib in the secondary

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to become the Seahawks East on defense. Should have at least 8 new starters on defense for week 1 of the season.

It will help Manning next year, having to play the NFC West and all.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to give you an idea of what Allen is looking for the deal the Broncos just gave Ware is what his Agent proposed to the Broncos that Jared Allen wants in a contract.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard he said he wants $8 million a year or is willing to sit out the season if he has to.

That would be the dumbest move he could possibly make nearing the end of his career… Even if someone offers him 4-5 Mill a year that's still a king ransom compared to just sitting out and getting a year older… In a couple years no one is gonna be calling …

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the dumbest move he could possibly make nearing the end of his career… Even if someone offers him 4-5 Mill a year that's still a king ransom compared to just sitting out and getting a year older… In a couple years no one is gonna be calling …

I agree but these guys coming up on the last leg of their career still like to think they are 27 years old and in the prime of their career. They would rather sit out a year than be insulted by taking half the money they think they are worth.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to give you an idea of what Allen is looking for the deal the Broncos just gave Ware is what his Agent proposed to the Broncos that Jared Allen wants in a contract.

He's been a little bit injury prone lately but he will definitely bolster the Broncos pass rush if he can stay healthy … Also picking up the Patriots best corner doesn't hurt.. Broncos being active so far and all towards the defensive side of the ball.. I think Elway knows the Manning windows isn't a big one so he's trying to bolster things quickly on the defensive side of the ball..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but these guys coming up on the last leg of their career still like to think they are 27 years old and in the prime of their career. They would rather sit out a year than be insulted by taking half the money they think they are worth.

Crazy… I think they need some perspective… Like working at McDonalds for 6 months… lol They'd jump on 4 Mill in a heartbeat the next year…

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a little bit injury prone lately but he will definitely bolster the Broncos pass rush if he can stay healthy … Also picking up the Patriots best corner doesn't hurt.. Broncos being active so far and all towards the defensive side of the ball.. I think Elway knows the Manning windows isn't a big one so he's trying to bolster things quickly on the defensive side of the ball..

I think the Broncos got a very clear picture at the Super Bowl of what happens when you don't have a very good defense. Have to have a well-rounded team to win the big game so that is what we are seeing. Now most think the Broncos are going all-in right now which is true but they are not sacrificing their future with these deals either. Talib's deal is essentially a 3-year deal while Ware's is essentially a 2-year deal plus having Manning's $20 million off the books in a year or two they should be fine Cap Wise.

I also agree some of these guys need a bit of perspective. Ware signing for $10 million a year though isn't going to help is Allen's perspective as he is going to view himself as being worth at least that much now. I would also think with these guys they have made enough in their life time that by this point they would be caring more about legacy than money but then again ego comes into the picture where they still want to be recognized not only on the field for how good they are but in their bank account as well.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos got a very clear picture at the Super Bowl of what happens when you don't have a very good defense. Have to have a well-rounded team to win the big game so that is what we are seeing. Now most think the Broncos are going all-in right now which is true but they are not sacrificing their future with these deals either. Talib's deal is essentially a 3-year deal while Ware's is essentially a 2-year deal plus having Manning's $20 million off the books in a year or two they should be fine Cap Wise.

I also agree some of these guys need a bit of perspective. Ware signing for $10 million a year though isn't going to help is Allen's perspective as he is going to view himself as being worth at least that much now. I would also think with these guys they have made enough in their life time that by this point they would be caring more about legacy than money but then again ego comes into the picture where they still want to be recognized not only on the field for how good they are but in their bank account as well.

True… Ego's do get involved money wise.. But man if Allen does sit out he needs a dunce cap… lol .. That would be so dumb at this point in his career.. Like you said if he was 27 that's different but he's not looking at big payday's in a couple short years… Make that money while it's there! And yeah man the Broncos did get better in the last 24 hours for sure… Elway isn't sitting still he's trying to bolster that defense

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True… Ego's do get involved money wise.. But man if Allen does sit out he needs a dunce cap… lol .. That would be so dumb at this point in his career.. Like you said if he was 27 that's different but he's not looking at big payday's in a couple short years… Make that money while it's there! And yeah man the Broncos did get better in the last 24 hours for sure… Elway isn't sitting still he's trying to bolster that defense

First thing Elway said after the Super Bowl was "We will get better" so he is trying to make sure to live up to that. I'm definitely glad we are playing the NFC West this year during the season so should give us a good indication where they are talent wise of whether they have caught up with Seattle and San Fran or not.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The real question is can they all mesh together? Sometimes teams that land multiple big name FA's fall flat and need time to jell. Not saying Denver will fall flat but just a thought.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is can they all mesh together? Sometimes teams that land multiple big name FA's fall flat and need time to jell. Not saying Denver will fall flat but just a thought.

Landing big names with? marks. Can Ware bounce back? Can Talib Stay healthy for a year? Could end up being great...or not.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously...we better patch up our offensive line or that first game against the Broncos is going to be hell for Russell with Von Miller and Ware off the edges and TJ Ward and Talib in the secondary

Not really worried about how we match up with Denver. They are in win now mode and will likely be in cap purgatory in a few years. We are trying to build for the long haul. Kinda expect them to make these moves while Manning is there. What choice do they have.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8 new starters?
Who at where?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos are paper champs, but we'll see whether that translates to the field. Their O-Line has some question marks and whether their receivers can continue to produce at a high level (shouldn't be a prob. with Manning) and they can keep a running game going is a question.

We've all seen paper champs, and sometimes it falls completely flat. I remember the Redskins had a few HUGE FA moves and it fell flat.

Teams need some time to gel. You can't always just go spend a ton of money and expect all the players to just pick up the D instantly and play at the same level. Lot of guys can get pay days and quit or feel that Manning may carry them to a freebie, etc.

Not saying that'll happen with the Broncos. They have the best QB of all time (IMO) but I love watching the over-reaction of everyone saying, "23-0 or bust (4 preseason + 19)" or "Denver's D is now the best." etc.

Just ridiculous. Can Ware and Miller shed their injuries? Will Talib continue to make some boneheaded decisions and get flustered (he had this prob. in NE at times), will Ward be able to cover deeper routes, can Wilkerson/Wolfe make a full return? What will the Broncos do for their other corners? What happens if injuries occur again? What happens if Thomas or some of that O-Line goes down?

Broncos signed a TON of talent, but whether it all translates to the field and whether they can all check their egos and play together... completely different story. The coaching staff also has to make sure they can get all guys on the same page and command the necessary respect and impose the culture on these guys.

As of now Broncos are paper champs, but I've seen way too many teams (including Seattle) emerge as paper champs and do jack shit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 new starters?
Who at where?

What I mean by that is 8-9 new starters that did not play in the Super Bowl. At defensive end ware and Wolfe. At OLB Von miller. At DT Vickerson. At safety Rahim Moore and TJ Ward. At corner Talib and Harris. Most likely they will have a different starter at MLB but don't know that one yet.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reportly in Seattle today. Was his first visit.