• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Janoris Jenkins 2012 highlights....

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Launching, cheap-shoting an opponent in the head, hurting your team with a 15 yard penalty, getting a $21K fine, and damaging an already poor reputation as an unsound tackler...shouldn't be considered a highlight.

Strange that some people think it is.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@zeke2829, i'm not getting at you fella. You can pick whatever avatar you want. I just don't agree with applauding dangerous & illegal play. I feel the same same about Suh's stamp but some people also see that as legitimate and commendable. I tried to edit the previous post but was hit by the 5 minute time limit.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ff, he lead with his shoulder. You're sounding like Heir Goodell. I'm just glad Janoris hasn't used the tampons the NFL hands out. Play like the guy you are, he's a physical guy, I want him playing physical ball.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ff, so did you not watch football in any other decade? These hits aren't more dangerous than they used to be, society is just more "sensitive" for lack of a more condemning word.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ff, so did you not watch football in any other decade? These hits aren't more dangerous than they used to be, society is just more "sensitive" for lack of a more condemning word.

I'm fine with getting rid of helmet to helmet, but that's it. Everything else should be clean.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Bostonian, I don't think I've encountered you before. Nice to meet ya.

You're right, he lead with the shoulder, it wasn't dirty at all. I'm ok with no helmet-to-helmet under he condition that its allowed if the receiver of the hit ducks into it. Also only in certain situations, if he's a ball carrier it has to be allowed. There's also a difference between the dome and the face mask. Mask to mask can't be flagged.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Launching, cheap-shoting an opponent in the head, hurting your team with a 15 yard penalty, getting a $21K fine, and damaging an already poor reputation as an unsound tackler...shouldn't be considered a highlight.

Strange that some people think it is.

:wtf2:Doesn't the fact that Jenkins total stats for the year account for anything? Doesn't the fact that he was in the running for DROY mean anything to you? OBTW the fine that he got was for $15750 not $21000. NO penalty on that play. (see attached) Anyhow the hit was clean IMO.....
72 tackles, 1 fumble recovery, 4 interceptions, 4 defensive tds, 14 pd, 3 TFL, 1 blocked kick.
Best rookie corner this team has had in a long time.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fprofootballtalk.nbcsports.com%2F2012%2F09%2F21%2Fjanoris-jenkins-fined-15750-josh-morgan-fined-7875%2F&ei=hxsEUvPzCvTd4AOQ_4CgCg&usg=AFQjCNF9twCqflTkh3EBmeF7ANFMilxyfg&sig2=m_iIDJxkHUPvhSNn0VVj5Q&bvm=bv.50500085,d.dmg

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ff, he lead with his shoulder. You're sounding like Heir Goodell. I'm just glad Janoris hasn't used the tampons the NFL hands out. Play like the guy you are, he's a physical guy, I want him playing physical ball.

right on bro..... that hit was shoulder to shoulder.......there was no flag on that play. he got a fine later in the week

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched football since the early-mid '80s. I guess some of you haven't. I remember when it was legal for defenders to clothesline receivers. Leg-whipping and piling-on were also acceptable. The game is better for such practices being removed. As to the play in question...do you not understand why it's illegal and why it's so dangerous? Seriously? Even if you can't be bothered to learn or understand the rules it must be abundantly clear that flagrant violations are going to back-fire on you. What's so great about breaking a safety rule and hurting your team? Any chicken-shit nobody can cheap-shot, blind-side, or late-hit an opponent. Disagreeing with or disliking a rule doesn't give you a free pass to exalt those that do.

As for Jenkins being a physical guy??? Watch him on running plays or when he's forced to tackle someone. Finnegan is a tough physical guy. Jenkins is a cover-corner who can't, or won't, do the unpleasant work that requires him to put his body on the line and take 1 for the team.

"ff, he lead with his shoulder. You're sounding like Heir Goodell". Here are articles outlining the rules from 2 years ago:

Illegal hits draw more scrutiny; replays, kickoffs under review - NFL.com - dated March 17th 2011.

Owners unanimous in passing changes to three rules - NFL.com - dated May 24th 2011.

Teams that commit multiple flagrant hits will face sanctions - NFL.com - dated May 24th 2011

The original 'defenseless receiver' rules were brought in for 2010. This ignorant 'he led with the shoulder' bullshit is pitiful.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Bostonian, I don't think I've encountered you before. Nice to meet ya.

You're right, he lead with the shoulder, it wasn't dirty at all. I'm ok with no helmet-to-helmet under he condition that its allowed if the receiver of the hit ducks into it. Also only in certain situations, if he's a ball carrier it has to be allowed. There's also a difference between the dome and the face mask. Mask to mask can't be flagged.

Mask to mask on a ball carrier is fine, but even mask to mask on a WR who just caught the ball can be dangerous. Dropping your head at any point is very dangerous to the defender, high risk of a broken neck and messed up spinal cord. Leading with your head on a WR who just caught the pass is dangerous for both.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defenseless receiver rule is BS. That is the risk you take catching a pass. I'm fine with getting rid of head shots on the "defenseless receiver", but everything else is fair game.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want your guy being hung out to dry? Don't throw the ball there. Did you see Lynn Swan getting carted off after helmet to helmet? No he only got carted off once, it was on a clothes line that wasn't legal, and he came back and won the SB MVP the next week. That was football, Bradshaw didn't throw the balls that would get his guys killed.

Boston buddy, my point on the face mask is that you don't have to drop your helmet to hit with the mask.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched football since the early-mid '80s. I guess some of you haven't. I remember when it was legal for defenders to clothesline receivers. Leg-whipping and piling-on were also acceptable. The game is better for such practices being removed. As to the play in question...do you not understand why it's illegal and why it's so dangerous? Seriously? Even if you can't be bothered to learn or understand the rules it must be abundantly clear that flagrant violations are going to back-fire on you. What's so great about breaking a safety rule and hurting your team? Any chicken-shit nobody can cheap-shot, blind-side, or late-hit an opponent. Disagreeing with or disliking a rule doesn't give you a free pass to exalt those that do.

As for Jenkins being a physical guy??? Watch him on running plays or when he's forced to tackle someone. Finnegan is a tough physical guy. Jenkins is a cover-corner who can't, or won't, do the unpleasant work that requires him to put his body on the line and take 1 for the team.

"ff, he lead with his shoulder. You're sounding like Heir Goodell". Here are articles outlining the rules from 2 years ago:

Illegal hits draw more scrutiny; replays, kickoffs under review - NFL.com - dated March 17th 2011.

Owners unanimous in passing changes to three rules - NFL.com - dated May 24th 2011.

Teams that commit multiple flagrant hits will face sanctions - NFL.com - dated May 24th 2011

The original 'defenseless receiver' rules were brought in for 2010. This ignorant 'he led with the shoulder' bullshit is pitiful.

The purpose of this thread was to applaud Janoris Jenkins play for the entire 2012 season, not just for one big hit on a defender. Didn't you see the positives from his rookie season?? Damm, don't you realize he almost made DROY?? Sounds as is you have your mind made up that you just flat out don't like this kid.

I like how you pointed out on how you have been a football fan since mid 1980. hehe...Sorry, but this does not make you an old school expert on what rules should entail. Trust me back in the day your comments about defenseless receivers would be nothing but laughter.

Anyway...IMO Janoris Jenkins will turn out to be a shutdown corner in this league, he has 1 season under his belt. Lets just all hope he can stay out of trouble. Sure...he is not perfect but he has already played against some tough competition very well. Just ask Larry Fitzgerald about Jenkins!! He is an "In your Face" type corner. AKA Darrell Revis.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It was ruled incomplete. Officials sometimes blow calls. It was an easy call that was inexplicably missed. Most of the time it won't be and giving up a cheap 15 yard penalty will hurt. Jenkins now has this on his record. If he repeats the offence he'll be severely punished.

Bottom line: It's dangerous play and it's illegal!

In above statement, you were quick to point out on how JJ hurt his team with a 15 yard penalty???
Bottom Line...umm... it didn't happen!!

what did happen last year was that he had 4 ints. returned for touchdowns!! Did you get to see those??

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch him on running plays or when he's forced to tackle someone. Finnegan is a tough physical guy. Jenkins is a cover-corner who can't, or won't, do the unpleasant work that requires him to put his body on the line and take 1 for the team.

Im calling BS.....
Please take a moment and watch clip @ 1:13 where Jenkins stuffs Marshon Lynch then lets talk.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to applaud players for serious foul play that's your business. If you think Jenkins is a sound tackler and good in run support that's your business. There's a lot I do like about Jenkins. His coverage is good and he plays the system as asked. It's not his nature to back off 10+ yards and play loose man-to-man but that's what he's asked to do so he does it without complaint. It doesn't hide his weaknesses. He's not keen to play the run and he has a tendency to throw himself at a runners feet rather than tackle. Playing the run like Asomugha or Samuel isn't the way to go - especially with our raw safeties this season.

'Back in the day' that play would have been legal and what the NFL wanted. In today's NFL that play is the poster for how NOT to play. He got lucky with a home town decision from replacement referees. Flagrant violations of safety rules will hurt the team. That should be pretty easy to understand.