• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Shields

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've had a moment to "calm down". I realize my last few posts directed at Scotsman were a bit much. My apologies to you Scotsman. You're a good Rangers fan, passionate about the team, and someone who obviously is deeply invested and loyal to the Rangers players that you like and that's fine. I like MY. He's not one of my favorite players, but I still like him. The Rangers regular season offensive rock was MY with solid shout-outs to Kinsler and Andrus as well for playing nearly every game at fairly high level. The great thing about this team is that they got to the WS as a team with different guys stepping up and they lost it together as well. It's still a great team that had a great run.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a moment to "calm down". I realize my last few posts directed at Scotsman were a bit much. My apologies to you Scotsman. You're a good Rangers fan, passionate about the team, and someone who obviously is deeply invested and loyal to the Rangers players that you like and that's fine. I like MY. He's not one of my favorite players, but I still like him. The Rangers regular season offensive rock was MY with solid shout-outs to Kinsler and Andrus as well for playing nearly every game at fairly high level. The great thing about this team is that they got to the WS as a team with different guys stepping up and they lost it together as well. It's still a great team that had a great run.

that's cool man. i love this team, yes i like MY but then again i like every player on this team. i've followed this team since day 1, i was at the 1st home game ever played. and nothing that has happened since that first game tops what has happened the last 2 years. like everyone i was disappointed but it was the TEAM that lost

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did Moreland not make miscues? did Kinsler not make miscues? did Elvis not make miscues? Did Napoli not make a miscue? hell, even Beltre made a miscue. the Rangers committed a total of 12 errors during the post-season and i'm not going to pick one player and try and lay all the blame on him.

the TEAM had their chances and they came up short. if you are crass enough to spend your time blaming one player then that's your problem.

You sir, are such a blind Michael Young homer you can't keep the drift of the conversation straight. You just spent half of a previous thread talking about the lack of defense at 1st base, right? Not the team, but 1st base. You know who plays over there sometimes, Scotsman? Number 10. The same guy who made a couple of errors on routine plays in game 6. Not the freaking team.. MY. Was it the sole cause for the loss? Nope, and nobody claimed it was. You still remain just a little touchy about MY, but guess what, as a fielder he ain't so hot and he's not going to get any better so if they stick a glove on his hand next year and put him in the field in this stupid kiss ass super utility roll then expect some more not so happy comments.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sir, are such a blind Michael Young homer you can't keep the drift of the conversation straight. You just spent half of a previous thread talking about the lack of defense at 1st base, right? Not the team, but 1st base. You know who plays over there sometimes, Scotsman? Number 10. The same guy who made a couple of errors on routine plays in game 6. Not the freaking team.. MY. Was it the sole cause for the loss? Nope, and nobody claimed it was. You still remain just a little touchy about MY, but guess what, as a fielder he ain't so hot and he's not going to get any better so if they stick a glove on his hand next year and put him in the field in this stupid kiss ass super utility roll then expect some more not so happy comments.

I'm pretty sure the biggest point of his comment was in opposition to the statement that MY was the biggest part of Texas defensive problems in the WS. You sir are such a MY hater you can't even see what started this entire conversation.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the biggest point of his comment was in opposition to the statement that MY was the biggest part of Texas defensive problems in the WS. You sir are such a MY hater you can't even see what started this entire conversation.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong, but what's new there? Go back and reread the thread.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are right, Al is such an MY hater that he reads what he wants to and that's
it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know it's just a rumor but:

The Rays "seem dead-set against trading James Shields," according to CBSSports.com's Danny Knobler (Twitter link). Knobler said Tampa Bay might be more inclined to deal Jeremy Hellickson than Shields, though he notes it's "very unlikely" that either pitcher is traded. The Rays exercised Shields' $7.5MM option for 2012 on Monday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you are wrong, but what's new there? Go back and reread the thread.

Sorry try again sir. Just because you say it with such conviction doesn't mean it's true.

This is the comment posted by DallasMCRDynasty that started this whole conversation: "I don't focus it all just that one play either. And I agree, the Rangers didn't get the quality starting pitching that we all expected aside from Lewis in game 2 and Holland in game 4, and the defense was sub-par (mainly on MY). To many mistakes."

So once again you don't have your facts straight but you're saying I'm the one who is wrong. Nothing new there but no less wrong on your part.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read that they want a payroll of 50 mil and shields/upton could be moved

The Rays "seem dead-set against trading James Shields," according to CBSSports.com's Danny Knobler (Twitter link). Knobler said Tampa Bay might be more inclined to deal Jeremy Hellickson than Shields, though he notes it's "very unlikely" that either pitcher is traded. The Rays exercised Shields' $7.5MM option for 2012 on Monday.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hellickson does not equal Shields.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just cause you post it twice doesnt mean anything ;)

i know sorry but all indications are that TB isn't interested in trading Shields. i know it's a great thing for the Rangers but it doesn't look like there's any hope of it happening.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know sorry but all indications are that TB isn't interested in trading Shields. i know it's a great thing for the Rangers but it doesn't look like there's any hope of it happening.

well its all talk right now...fielder,sheilds....and my new dream of trading the giants some bats for cain after we sign prince ;)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its all talk right now...fielder,sheilds....and my new dream of trading the giants some bats for cain after we sign prince ;)

well i like all the talk about who we should sign or trade for too

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain makes me nervous. Is really an ace type pitcher? Remember he pitches in the NL in that monstrosity of a ball park.