• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Daniels

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th highest pass-block grade among Guards this season.

Hasn't allowed a single sack.

Another player gone elsewhere to achieve success. Meanwhile our interior o-line is putrid.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th highest pass-block grade among Guards this season.

Hasn't allowed a single sack.

Another player gone elsewhere to achieve success. Meanwhile our interior o-line is putrid.
I was always curious why the Bears gave up on Daniels so early. I know he didn't have the greatest track record during his stay with the team, but I don't ever recall reading anything akin to him being a poor blocker or anything.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I had a LOT of concern over him when the season began. He struggled a lot during the preseason and week 1 looked lost. But since then he has been a beast.

The run blocking has been a mess though. But I think that has a lot more to do with the scheme than ability.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I had a LOT of concern over him when the season began. He struggled a lot during the preseason and week 1 looked lost. But since then he has been a beast.

The run blocking has been a mess though. But I think that has a lot more to do with the scheme than ability.
Well, that is what the great coaches do, make the scheme fit the ability, not blame the ability for a non productive scheme.

I believe daniels was raised in western Ohio and going to Pittsburg had more to do with wanting to get closer to home than not wanting to play for the Bears.

I always thought he was the best center we had, but Nagy though Trubisky was happier between Whitehairs thighs, not that he was a better center.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised me seeing Webb playing left tackle and doing a descent job the other day.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened all offseason about how Daniels wasn't the prototype of lineman we were looking for...They want "their type of guys." We'll see what that means over the next 2 seasons. Stuff like this will ensure they have a shorter leash than they normally would though. It's obvious Daniels would have helped us and was affordable and Poles/Eberflus went "their way" anyway. We'll see. Little things like this add up and if results don't come quick, the narrative can turn on you on a dime.