• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Ramsey

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoon out a month, Verret put in burnt and rusty, benched!?! Add CB and or S for next year
No. No more "wait til next year". We are 3 and oh and might not get this opportunity again for a while. Verret does not look like the answer. There is a top performing Corner out there who might be available; I know its a risk but I'd go after him. The Niners become the favorite in the West should they get him.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No more "wait til next year". We are 3 and oh and might not get this opportunity again for a while. Verret does not look like the answer. There is a top performing Corner out there who might be available; I know its a risk but I'd go after him. The Niners become the favorite in the West should they get him.

What would you be willing to trade for him given that we are already without our 2nd rd pick due to the Ford trade?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you be willing to trade for him given that we are already without our 2nd rd pick due to the Ford trade?
A first and a lower pick. Who are you going to get better than Ramsey and Ford in the first and second round next year? Give me proven players over draft picks any day.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first and a lower pick. Who are you going to get better than Ramsey and Ford in the first and second round next year? Give me proven players over draft picks any day.

I'm not against getting Ford or Ramsey and using draft capital to get them, especially with them being young. My worry is more the price tag that comes with it in a long term deal and what kind of cap hell that puts us in potentially. We got Kittle, Brieda, Buckner, Armstead, and others that are looking to get paid.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against getting Ford or Ramsey and using draft capital to get them, especially with them being young. My worry is more the price tag that comes with it in a long term deal and what kind of cap hell that puts us in potentially. We got Kittle, Brieda, Buckner, Armstead, and others that are looking to get paid.
You can have Armstead; I'd like to keep the other three. Ramsey is going to want a lot of money. What happens if the Jags trade him to the 49ers this season, do the 49ers only get stuck paying him his current salary and can they then franchise him next year so they at least get two years out of him?
I don't think the 49ers, as cheap as their ownership group is, will sign him. I think the most likely scenario is that they put Ward in there in place of Witherspoon until he comes back or until Ward's next broken bone.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have Armstead; I'd like to keep the other three. Ramsey is going to want a lot of money. What happens if the Jags trade him to the 49ers this season, do the 49ers only get stuck paying him his current salary and can they then franchise him next year so they at least get two years out of him?
I don't think the 49ers, as cheap as their ownership group is, will sign him. I think the most likely scenario is that they put Ward in there in place of Witherspoon until he comes back or until Ward's next broken bone.

So second quarter of the next game?

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade material Beathard, Pettis, Armstead,Thomas and picks for T, CB, Crabtree at value.

I don't think I am the only one who thinks like this but....Beathard has little to no trade value. Thomas has little trade value based on the last couple seasons and he hasn't seen the field enough this year. Pettis has potential but potential is another way of saying that he hasn't done shit yet.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we could do OK with another teams backup OT or CB why extend or resign if not going to produce throw in 5th. 6th, 7th there we are like Kraft and Belichick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think I am the only one who thinks like this but....Beathard has little to no trade value. Thomas has little trade value based on the last couple seasons and he hasn't seen the field enough this year. Pettis has potential but potential is another way of saying that he hasn't done shit yet.

Yes, unfortunately Beathard and Thomas have no trade value. If Thomas had any, he wouldn't be a 49er now. No, you're not the only one who thinks this, i bet the far majority does.

As it stands now, Pettis doesn't have trade value either, or very little. i wouldn't want to trade Pettis anyway, want to see the rest of this season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he's been fighting an injury to his chest that for some reason the 49ers did not disclose