• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Ramsey

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC....this has nothing to do with being 'cheap' but keep on with the sky is falling mantra.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: 49ers 'not in' on trade talks for Jags' Ramsey

Of course not. The Niners always try to do things on the cheap. I'd sign him just to keep him away from Seattle because that's where he's going.

The 49ers would have to give up multiple draft picks (Jaqs asking for two 1sts) and then would have to sign Ramsey to a very lucrative multi year extension. The 49ers are already looking to extend Kittle and Buckner and that will tie up cap space. Sure he could end up in Seattle although I doubt they have or are going to commit that kind of cap space to Ramsey.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Source: 49ers 'not in' on trade talks for Jags' Ramsey

Of course not. The Niners always try to do things on the cheap. I'd sign him just to keep him away from Seattle because that's where he's going.

We're talking about signing a player which is applicable to the cap. We're not talking stamps, water bottles, and towels.

A team can only have so many high priced players due to the cap. I'd rather save it for Buckner AND Kittle. Nothing against Ramsey who i'm sure would help this team, but thinking you can sign every All Pro that becomes available, shows a lack of understanding.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers would have to give up multiple draft picks (Jaqs asking for two 1sts) and then would have to sign Ramsey to a very lucrative multi year extension. The 49ers are already looking to extend Kittle and Buckner and that will tie up cap space. Sure he could end up in Seattle although I doubt they have or are going to commit that kind of cap space to Ramsey.
Jags can ask all they want; they aren't getting two firsts for Ramsey. A first and something else is a great price for Ramsey who is a generational talent. He's Darell Revis and Richard Sherman rolled up into one and if used properly he can shut down one side of the field like Deion Sanders. I guarantee you won't find anyone who comes in at the top of the game in the first round of the draft.
They've got Kittle locked up for two more seasons and they have enough cap to sign Buckner after they shit can Armistead.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags can ask all they want; they aren't getting two firsts for Ramsey. A first and something else is a great price for Ramsey who is a generational talent. He's Darell Revis and Richard Sherman rolled up into one and if used properly he can shut down one side of the field like Deion Sanders. I guarantee you won't find anyone who comes in at the top of the game in the first round of the draft.
They've got Kittle locked up for two more seasons and they have enough cap to sign Buckner after they shit can Armistead.

I agree in theory but at the same time, our CB play has been MUCH improved to the point that we haven't even activated a healthy Verrett. Meanwhile, we have our own players to re-sign and other needs to solidify (i.e. OL) that we could potentially get with the extra cap space.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in theory but at the same time, our CB play has been MUCH improved to the point that we haven't even activated a healthy Verrett. Meanwhile, we have our own players to re-sign and other needs to solidify (i.e. OL) that we could potentially get with the extra cap space.
Are you sold on Witherspoon though? He has had two good games but he's injury prone and two of the most injury prone players in the history of the NFL, Verett and Ward are the backups. Remember what it was like the last two seasons?
I agree with you that there are other needs but I don't think you pass up a generational type talent like Ramsey if you can get him. Look what happened when they refused to budge on Kahlil Mack. Lastly, cap space is worthless if you won't use it and instead line the owner's pockets with it.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sold on Witherspoon though? He has had two good games but he's injury prone and two of the most injury prone players in the history of the NFL, Verett and Ward are the backups. Remember what it was like the last two seasons?
I agree with you that there are other needs but I don't think you pass up a generational type talent like Ramsey if you can get him. Look what happened when they refused to budge on Kahlil Mack. Lastly, cap space is worthless if you won't use it and instead line the owner's pockets with it.

Khalil Mack is a different situation. Mack just kept his talk to football and balled out, only complaining about wanting a contract extension. Ramsey is a bit more of a loose cannon, which may or may not be welcome in, for all reports, what seems like a good Niner locker room.

I like what I have seen in Witherspoon and his aggressiveness has been extremely promising but I no longer believe there is such thing as a lockdown CB in a league that has put defensive backs in complete disadvantage. If I had to choose between spending money on a pass rush (Buckner) or a CB, I'd lean more towards the pass rusher every time bc the days of Deion having the rules in place to actually lock down a side of the field are all but dead, especially with the new flags to signal PI.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Jags may not get that, but right now that is what they want. Prior to that story you posted, the 49ers were rumored to have offered a first round pick. As far as future salary cap, I'd have to go back and look at it better. I know they were concerned about Buckner and Kittle. There are others also. I think Ramsey is going to be looking for a multi year long term deal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khalil Mack is a different situation. Mack just kept his talk to football and balled out, only complaining about wanting a contract extension. Ramsey is a bit more of a loose cannon, which may or may not be welcome in, for all reports, what seems like a good Niner locker room.

I like what I have seen in Witherspoon and his aggressiveness has been extremely promising but I no longer believe there is such thing as a lockdown CB in a league that has put defensive backs in complete disadvantage. If I had to choose between spending money on a pass rush (Buckner) or a CB, I'd lean more towards the pass rusher every time bc the days of Deion having the rules in place to actually lock down a side of the field are all but dead, especially with the new flags to signal PI.
Ramsey definitely comes with a disclaimer, I'll grant you that. As far as the pass rusher over the Corner, I agree with you there but we've already fixed that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags may not get that, but right now that is what they want. Prior to that story you posted, the 49ers were rumored to have offered a first round pick. As far as future salary cap, I'd have to go back and look at it better. I know they were concerned about Buckner and Kittle. There are others also. I think Ramsey is going to be looking for a multi year long term deal.
Most definitely, and as another poster said earlier, with all the rules changes there is no such thing as a shutdown Corner anymore. He's still the best in the game though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JAX is obviously looking at the haul that MIA got for Tunsil, and that really doesn't apply to Ramsey. Granted, he's better at his position than Tunsil is at his, but clearly he wants to be THE highest paid CB in the league.

So...any team making this deal is facing a monumental contract that they MUST follow thru with...they're NOT going to give two 1st round picks AND pay this guy the highest CB contract.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JAX is obviously looking at the haul that MIA got for Tunsil, and that really doesn't apply to Ramsey. Granted, he's better at his position than Tunsil is at his, but clearly he wants to be THE highest paid CB in the league.

So...any team making this deal is facing a monumental contract that they MUST follow thru with...they're NOT going to give two 1st round picks AND pay this guy the highest CB contract.
Yep. He's dreaming. He's leaving in free agency anyway next year so they should take what they can get for him. Reports say that Coughlin does not want a "me first" type player like him on the team. I'll take him though.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey definitely comes with a disclaimer, I'll grant you that. As far as the pass rusher over the Corner, I agree with you there but we've already fixed that.

Not really...we got a nicked stud on a rookie deal and have already signed an edge rusher who is gimpy. We NEED Buckner in the middle to keep this pass rush afloat through it all and if we can sign him, we then solidify the next gen of NFL moves, which is applying defensive pressure up the middle to combat the quick pass offenses that are prevalent in the NFL right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep. He's dreaming. He's leaving in free agency anyway next year so they should take what they can get for him. Reports say that Coughlin does not want a "me first" type player like him on the team. I'll take him though.

You'll take him but you agree he isn't worth the high cost?! You can't have it both ways, if you want him, then you have to pay the price.

Similar to Trent Willaims, you can't just SAY you want him. You can't just post it here and WALLAH! You have to pay the price.

There are more instances where teams paying the price, regret it. Not that the player went bust, but he didn't perform to that contract. They didn't tmake up for the draft picks lost.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll take him but you agree he isn't worth the high cost?! You can't have it both ways, if you want him, then you have to pay the price.

Similar to Trent Willaims, you can't just SAY you want him. You can't just post it here and WALLAH! You have to pay the price.

There are more instances where teams paying the price, regret it. Not that the player went bust, but he didn't perform to that contract. They didn't tmake up for the draft picks lost.
Never said that. I just don’t think he’s worth two number ones and I guarantee no one pays that. I’d definitely give up a first and a 3rd for him

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Ramsey anyone? Witherspoon is gone and Verret is horrendous.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey injured now

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Never said that. I just don’t think he’s worth two number ones and I guarantee no one pays that. I’d definitely give up a first and a 3rd for him

Your opinion is fine, but mine is no thanks if it includes a 1st rounder.

Also, TW didn't hold out just to sign for cheap. He'll want to be the highest pad LT, or close to it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion is fine, but mine is no thanks if it includes a 1st rounder.

Also, TW didn't hold out just to sign for cheap. He'll want to be the highest pad LT, or close to it.
Do you seriously believe you are going to find a D as good as Ramsey in the first round of the draft? If not, then why would you no give up a first to get him? That makes no sense.