• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Ramsey speaks on his contract

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games I watched Ramsey usually (not always) was on the other teams best WR
I've seen both. For instance, I saw Bouye cover Antonio Brown twice in the same season in 2017, as well as Deandre Hopkins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is expected. He is one of the best CB's in the NFL. He might sound ignorant but he is very intelligent when it comes to football. He doesn't need to be QB smart. He will get paid eventually and he deserves it. Most bigtime CB's have egos, it's just the way it is. No need to overreact.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen both. For instance, I saw Bouye cover Antonio Brown twice in the same season in 2017, as well as Deandre Hopkins.

Bouye was the FA guy right, so he's experienced and making a lot of money, but I'm not thinking he's the best CB on that roster right now.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bouye was the FA guy right, so he's experienced and making a lot of money, but I'm not thinking he's the best CB on that roster right now.
Bouye has been an absolute beast for the past 3 years. This isn't a slight to Ramsey, but Bouye has statistically been better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe at times but he isn't shadowing the best receiver like Ramsey is. If Ramsey is covering the better players more you can't go by stats. Well, you can't really go much by stats alone any way, but I'm staying away from that rabbit hole.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bouye has been an absolute beast for the past 3 years. This isn't a slight to Ramsey, but Bouye has statistically been better.

Not in 2018, even in '17 it was pretty close in favor of Bouye...2 more INTs..

FWIW...I thought JAX CBs played the side of the field and not the player as Quinn's DEF did in SEA...I can't recall the entire game but in the playoff loss to JAX Ben was forced to go to the air often and actually had a very good game...460+ 5 TD and 1 INT...Brown went for 130+ in that one. I thought Brown was defended by both Bouye and Ramsey.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in 2018, even in '17 it was pretty close in favor of Bouye...2 more INTs..

FWIW...I thought JAX CBs played the side of the field and not the player as Quinn's DEF did in SEA...I can't recall the entire game but in the playoff loss to JAX Ben was forced to go to the air often and actually had a very good game...460+ 5 TD and 1 INT...Brown went for 130+ in that one. I thought Brown was defended by both Bouye and Ramsey.
In 2018, Bouye was rated higher by PFF than Ramsey. In 2017, Bouye set the record for lowest passer rating allowed in the PFF era.

In that Steelers game, he had one TD against Bouye that was just Brown being amazing. I'll admit that. The whole JAX defense was bad that day. Or you could say Pittsburgh was just better, considering that was one of the top passing attacks in the NFL in the heyday of Ben/Brown/etc.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe at times but he isn't shadowing the best receiver like Ramsey is. If Ramsey is covering the better players more you can't go by stats. Well, you can't really go much by stats alone any way, but I'm staying away from that rabbit hole.
I'm not just simply going by TDs or catches allowed, I'm just going by PFF.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not just simply going by TDs or catches allowed, I'm just going by PFF.
Understood and it's funny I just wrote something about this (PFF stats) on another thread and it wasn't specifically directed at you but I'll carry it here. His stats should be better if he is playing lesser WRs. I don't know if they did it all the time, but there were games where Ramsey carried the best WR across the field. So, again I'm not saying he did it all the time, but he did do it and it was because his team thinks he is by far their best CB or they wouldn't have shifted. I like Bouye, but he is not in Ramsey's league. Ramsey is a dick, but he is fantastic. Probably the best CB in the game today. Gilmore was top ranked if I remember correctly. He isn't better than Ramsey.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2018, Bouye was rated higher by PFF than Ramsey. In 2017, Bouye set the record for lowest passer rating allowed in the PFF era.

In that Steelers game, he had one TD against Bouye that was just Brown being amazing. I'll admit that. The whole JAX defense was bad that day. Or you could say Pittsburgh was just better, considering that was one of the top passing attacks in the NFL in the heyday of Ben/Brown/etc.

I'm not taking PFF as the gospel.

I'm going to say that if both were FA right now, Ramsey gets the larger contract...it might just be his age, but the skillsets are pretty close from what I saw.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking PFF as the gospel.

I'm going to say that if both were FA right now, Ramsey gets the larger contract...it might just be his age, but the skillsets are pretty close from what I saw.
The play on the field may be pretty close but I don't think the skillsets are pretty close. Ramsey has an off the charts skillset :2cents:

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahaha! You can’t afford him...

There's always a way, I was just saying in jest because that's not the type of thing they do.

Also if he becomes a FA or is traded I'll have to hear a million fans clamoring to sign him because he's a big name.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play on the field may be pretty close but I don't think the skillsets are pretty close. Ramsey has an off the charts skillset :2cents:

I wouldn't push back much on that, he is bigger probably faster, etc. but if it doesn't show up on the field, can we really rely on it? Regardless, it sounds like we're both taking the same player if they were on the open market.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always a way, I was just saying in jest because that's not the type of thing they do.

Also if he becomes a FA or is traded I'll have to hear a million fans clamoring to sign him because he's a big name.
I’m glad it was in jest. It made me laugh. I doubt you guys get a big contract player like that until AR is gone.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad it was in jest. It made me laugh. I doubt you guys get a big contract player like that until AR is gone.

They won't in the next couple years at least I wouldn't think. Not after Gute went on what for the Packers is a free agent spending spree this offseason. Not to mention the yearly crop of 3rd and 4th year players who hopefully continue to develop and will need to be paid. Hopefully Jaire Alexander will be Ramsey in a couple years or at least close.