• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Hurts 2019 Super Stats

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's 4 year Completion percentage 60% 7.9 yards per attempt ... Hurt's 4 year Completion percentage 65% 9.1 yards per attempt.

I didn't elaborate, but Wilson has a stronger arm. That AND accurate.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big knock on Wilson coming out was his height, but he was otherwise a more polished passer for sure. I don't think you can use completion percentage alone in comparing QBs from different systems. QBs in spread offenses with easy reads are going to have higher completion percentages in general than guys playing in pro-style offenses, or run-heavy offenses.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the 1st. If you say Watkins, no, because he was rated as a late 1/early 2nd. He just decided that he really wanted to be a fireman, rather than have the rigors of pro football.

An article I googled had Harris #4 And Leonard Renfro #1, but it was Jay Berwanger who I had in mind as the worst. But really that was in terms of pro production, he was a pre heisman trophy award winner. So in terms of reaches Jon Harris takes the cake

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't elaborate, but Wilson has a stronger arm. That AND accurate.

Wilson's accurate "now", but his one accurate year in college was only his senior season. Aside from that he was under 60% completion percentage for Frosh, Soph and Junior years. I'll give you a stronger arm for Wilson, but I'll raise you Hurts being a superior runner. :)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's accurate "now", but his one accurate year in college was only his senior season. Aside from that he was under 60% completion percentage for Frosh, Soph and Junior years. I'll give you a stronger arm for Wilson, but I'll raise you Hurts being a superior runner. :)

I hope you're right. I have nothing against Hurts. Like you and most of us, it seemed like a bad use of draft assets at the time. We're all calmed down now I think.

Nick Orris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts feels like a Taysom Hill to me and not much more. I liked him in college but felt like he is one of those good college QB's who probably won't translate to the NFL. Now, teams can use him (hopefully it's the Eagles since we drafted him) to maximize his strengths, but I don't ever see him as a long term NFL starter. I'm really curious how long it would have taken him to go had we not took him. Part of me believes we could have gone Choo (or somewhere else) in the 2nd and possibly got him with our 3rd, or traded up a bit in the 3rd. I don't think the pick was the problem for me, I think it was the fact we had so many other holes to fill.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts feels like a Taysom Hill to me and not much more. I liked him in college but felt like he is one of those good college QB's who probably won't translate to the NFL. Now, teams can use him (hopefully it's the Eagles since we drafted him) to maximize his strengths, but I don't ever see him as a long term NFL starter. I'm really curious how long it would have taken him to go had we not took him. Part of me believes we could have gone Choo (or somewhere else) in the 2nd and possibly got him with our 3rd, or traded up a bit in the 3rd. I don't think the pick was the problem for me, I think it was the fact we had so many other holes to fill.

I think he will be a really good RPO QB which you can work with in today's NFL. Prior to last season all I heard about Lamar Jackson is that he was a poor man's Michael Vick ... that all he could do was run and he was an inaccurate passer who wouldn't be able to cut it. A year and an MVP award later ... Now, I'm not saying Hurts will have the type of success Jackson has had, but there's no reason he can't eventually become the next Dak Prescott. Similar college production, size, arm and Hurts is the better athlete. It may not be in 2020, but who knows how things will be in 2021 or 2022?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

600 lb squat for Hurts ... how many QB's have that kind of lower body strength?