• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Carter in trouble

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His talent was never in question. If he can keep his life right, he will be great. Giving troubled people a lot of money is rarely a good decision for that individual. Hopefully Carter is an exception or he just made a stupid decision and learned from it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should’ve kept Reid around. Now, you’ll probably be a worse version of the 90s bills.
I think both Reid and the Eagles benefitted from the change. It was time. For whatever reason, the Eagles just couldn’t get over the hump with Andy Reid. He was 1-4 in NFC Championship Games. Since he’s left the Eagles, Andy has won his first Super Bowl and the Eagles have won their first Super Bowl.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both Reid and the Eagles benefitted from the change. It was time. For whatever reason, the Eagles just couldn’t get over the hump with Andy Reid. He was 1-4 in NFC Championship Games. Since he’s left the Eagles, Andy has won his first Super Bowl and the Eagles have won their first Super Bowl.
no only andy reid,but there were numerous coaches who failed to get philly over the hump.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no only andy reid,but there were numerous coaches who failed to get philly over the hump.
Those coaches failed to get the Eagles out of the basement! For me, “can’t get over the hump” refers to a program that is always competitive, always solid, always in the top 1/3 or quarter of the league but just can’t close the door. I’m very lucky talking to older Eagles fans. I’m 47 and I’ve been here for the Eagles hey day (minus those teams right after WW2). I grew up with Vermeil when I was just coming to know football. The Buddy Ryan/Randall Cunningham days were hella fun (also couldn’t close the deal). Since Jeffrey Lurie bought the team in the mid 90s he’s built a great franchise. Since the 2000s, the Eagles have been in the mix quite a bit.

Hey, I meant to ask you. How are things going with the stroke recovery? Are you making gains? Stick with my guy. A little bit each day and before you know it, you’ll be back to being you. Praying for ya.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His talent was never in question. If he can keep his life right, he will be great. Giving troubled people a lot of money is rarely a good decision for that individual. Hopefully Carter is an exception or he just made a stupid decision and learned from it.

Yah...

I mean there was 3 big concerns:
1) The lack of effort in College (you look at Suh, Donald, both put up way more sacks). Course Georgia had a stacked DL as well, but yah.
2) The car incident.
3) The pro day debacle.

That said, there was no question every scout agreed his talent was undeniable. If you can somehow get him motivated (even if for 5 years before he cashes in and gets fat/happy) it's worth the pick.

I really didn't like the position Seattle was in at 5 because outside of Carter there was no real elite prospect (granted he had flags) that Seattle needed that was available. You could argue Tyree Wilson (but he has injury concerns - although what's funny is Jarran Reed for Seattle is now playing NT so we have a big hole at 3-4 DE), didn't need an OT really... so it was kind of bleh.

That said, a 5 fucking 11" 180 lb corner is not what I had in mind with the #5... basically I expect an all pro/pro bowl CB out of the gates. He wont even be the #1 corner? And there are rumors Seattle may move him inside to nickel on a 3-3-5? The absolute fuck? Given Seattle's GLARING hole (STILL) at DL, the fact DL commands WAY more money than CB and CBs these days are aplenty, and Seattle seems to draft corners late rounds with ease... I would've rather Seattle just taken Carter and 'hoped' for the best.

I get Witherspoon may have been the BPA with Carter's concern... but if Carter pans out, unless Witherspoon is an immediate all pro (team 2 or 1) meh. And if Carter AND Witherspoon turn out to BOTH be all pros, Seattle screwed up. ANYONE will take an all pro DT over an all pro corner. Just like they'd take an all pro QB over anything. About the only thing that I'd put potentially put higher (or equal to) than an all pro DT is EDGE and OT.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is going to be really good. There were very few elite traits in this draft. His strength was one of the few.

….but to get excited about a football player who doesn’t have pads on, especially in the trenches, is about as dumb as it gets.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is going to be really good. There were very few elite traits in this draft. His strength was one of the few.

….but to get excited about a football player who doesn’t have pads on, especially in the trenches, is about as dumb as it gets.

Oh everyone does this.

"OMG THE ROOKIES ARE LOOKING GREAT IN TRAINING CAMP!"

"JALEN CARTER IS LOOKING LIKE AN ALL PRO!"
"RICHARDSON LOOKS INCREDIBLE!"
"SEATTLE WILL SHRED DEFENSES WITH NJIGBA!"
"CJ STROUD IS THE REAL DEAL!"
"ROBINSON WILL GET THE FALCONS BACK ON TRACK!"

Blah blah blah. Everyone at this point in the offseason is ROY and an all pro in 2 years. It's the stupidest crap to read.

The media is just fishing with click bait. And most morons (like Eagles fans) bite hook line and sinker.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
donovan mcnabb what a loser

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah...

I mean there was 3 big concerns:
1) The lack of effort in College (you look at Suh, Donald, both put up way more sacks). Course Georgia had a stacked DL as well, but yah.
2) The car incident.
3) The pro day debacle.

That said, there was no question every scout agreed his talent was undeniable. If you can somehow get him motivated (even if for 5 years before he cashes in and gets fat/happy) it's worth the pick.

I really didn't like the position Seattle was in at 5 because outside of Carter there was no real elite prospect (granted he had flags) that Seattle needed that was available. You could argue Tyree Wilson (but he has injury concerns - although what's funny is Jarran Reed for Seattle is now playing NT so we have a big hole at 3-4 DE), didn't need an OT really... so it was kind of bleh.

That said, a 5 fucking 11" 180 lb corner is not what I had in mind with the #5... basically I expect an all pro/pro bowl CB out of the gates. He wont even be the #1 corner? And there are rumors Seattle may move him inside to nickel on a 3-3-5? The absolute fuck? Given Seattle's GLARING hole (STILL) at DL, the fact DL commands WAY more money than CB and CBs these days are aplenty, and Seattle seems to draft corners late rounds with ease... I would've rather Seattle just taken Carter and 'hoped' for the best.

I get Witherspoon may have been the BPA with Carter's concern... but if Carter pans out, unless Witherspoon is an immediate all pro (team 2 or 1) meh. And if Carter AND Witherspoon turn out to BOTH be all pros, Seattle screwed up. ANYONE will take an all pro DT over an all pro corner. Just like they'd take an all pro QB over anything. About the only thing that I'd put potentially put higher (or equal to) than an all pro DT is EDGE and OT.
I had a feeling we were going to pass on him. When we traded back I was a little disappointed we didn’t take him, but I think the OT they got instead could be the fix to the bears offensive line. Still, Carter is going to be great and I’d rather have a great DT then a great OT.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I might kick anyone saying that!

So far so good on Carter but it’s literally day 2 of training camp. Let’s slow the hype train a wee bit?
I’ll fully admit I’m worried about Carter being a superstar. The one place I didn’t want him to go was Philly. Said it before the draft and won’t change it now. the Two best players in the draft were he and Anderson IMO

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll fully admit I’m worried about Carter being a superstar. The one place I didn’t want him to go was Philly. Said it before the draft and won’t change it now. the Two best players in the draft were he and Anderson IMO
It’s all about his maturity and his ability to handle his life. Just on his God given ability he should be a contributing DT for 7-8 years as long as he doesn’t fuck up off the field. That’s the floor. His ceiling is the limit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Smith reportedly looks even better than Jalen Carter, rushing off the edge, chasing plays sideline to sideline and running with guys like Boston Scott stride for stride in coverage. He looks like a potential star too.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those coaches failed to get the Eagles out of the basement! For me, “can’t get over the hump” refers to a program that is always competitive, always solid, always in the top 1/3 or quarter of the league but just can’t close the door. I’m very lucky talking to older Eagles fans. I’m 47 and I’ve been here for the Eagles hey day (minus those teams right after WW2). I grew up with Vermeil when I was just coming to know football. The Buddy Ryan/Randall Cunningham days were hella fun (also couldn’t close the deal). Since Jeffrey Lurie bought the team in the mid 90s he’s built a great franchise. Since the 2000s, the Eagles have been in the mix quite a bit.

Hey, I meant to ask you. How are things going with the stroke recovery? Are you making gains? Stick with my guy. A little bit each day and before you know it, you’ll be back to being you. Praying for ya.etting better every
getting better daily,thanks for asking.