• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaime McGinn

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i assumed it was realizing Ginn's potential and it was a horizontal, if not downward trade

No.

Here's what was said:

li0lsh:
but foreal, giving up ginner and our top prospect for slow forwards

Me:
How much hockey do you guys watch? lol, both Winnik and Galiardi are good skating forwards.

I also said "you guys" because a couple other people thought that Galiardi and Winnik were big, slow, lumbering forwards along with you.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn is shooting the puck. He should have done that more with us.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn is shooting the puck. He should have done that more with us.

No offense but the Sharks take too many shitty shots as is and they seemingly want to lead the league in that useless fucking stat... to them, it's quantity over quality and has been for years...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but the Sharks take too many shitty shots as is and they seemingly want to lead the league in that useless fucking stat... to them, it's quantity over quality and has been for years...

Because they are way too soft and refuse to drive the net hard. It's all over passing trying to make everything a one-timer. I love how Mitchell drove the net and scored. We do that like once a year.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm glad you brought this up Rares. I am so fucking tired of seeing these weak ass shots from the boards that have zero chance of going in. They are hardly getting any decent scoring chances. Maybe it's time to try something else.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a great strategy when you have Holmstrom, Franzen and Bertuzzi. Not so much with the current lineup. Todd has to recognize this and the sooner the better.

McGinn scored again for everybody keeping score at home. Let the outrage continue!!! :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a great strategy when you have Holmstrom, Franzen and Bertuzzi. Not so much with the current lineup. Todd has to recognize this and the sooner the better.

McGinn scored again for everybody keeping score at home. Let the outrage continue!!! :heh:

I'm not gonna pretend that McGinn would be lighting it up in San Jose at the absurd pace he is in Colorado, but damn it would be nice to have those goals.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he would have been lighting it up if he had respectable linemates, was getting lots of PP time, and was playing 15+ mins/game in the top 6. Tmac never gave him a chance and colorado, being the youthful team they are, arent afraid to trust youth rather than the aging vets. he's playing on a line with a very good young C in Stastny, who is an awesome set up man who plays with speed that really compliments mcginn's skillset. (unlike jumbo who is a great set up man, but who plays as slowly as possible thus being a better match for a clowe or pavelski).

Like I said before, I believe ginner to be a top 6 forward capable of 20-30 goals a year. Looks like he's surpass 20 this year already. Could easily become the worst goof in doug wilson's career...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would have been lighting it up if he had respectable linemates, was getting lots of PP time, and was playing 15+ mins/game in the top 6. Tmac never gave him a chance and colorado, being the youthful team they are, arent afraid to trust youth rather than the aging vets. he's playing on a line with a very good young C in Stastny, who is an awesome set up man who plays with speed that really compliments mcginn's skillset. (unlike jumbo who is a great set up man, but who plays as slowly as possible thus being a better match for a clowe or pavelski).

Like I said before, I believe ginner to be a top 6 forward capable of 20-30 goals a year. Looks like he's surpass 20 this year already. Could easily become the worst goof in doug wilson's career...

I dunno I think signing Niemi is right up there. :L

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to enshrine McGinn in the HOF. He is the sole reason that Colorado is winning.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty messed up shot Brown took at McGinn. Doubt he meant it like that tough.

Right now give it about 50/50 odds for McGinn either being a 15-20 goal 35-40 point player, if he stays on the 2nd line, or going the way of Brandon Yip and being placed on wiavers. McGinn crashes the net well, has a good hard shot, and a decient nose for the net, but when it comes to actual hockey sense there isn't much between the ears.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demi-God scores again.....for those keeping track at home.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With every goal he scores, my foot goes deeper into my mouth. Was he just not put into a position to succeed here in SJ? He had time with the top 6ers, what gives?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With every goal he scores, my foot goes deeper into my mouth. Was he just not put into a position to succeed here in SJ? He had time with the top 6ers, what gives?

I think he's pissed off and motivated as all hell right now. If he stays like that, he's going to be a hell of a player. If he goes back to the McGinn in San Jose where sometimes he gave a damn and a lot of the time he didn't, then he'll probably be around a 40pt. player the rest of his career.

Good for him though.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest knock on him was his ineffective two way play. He never was able to anticipate plays in the defensive zone in order to break up cycles. Never able to jump the play. If he continues to score like this, he can play Pavel Bure defense and it won't matter.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's pissed off and motivated as all hell right now. If he stays like that, he's going to be a hell of a player. If he goes back to the McGinn in San Jose where sometimes he gave a damn and a lot of the time he didn't, then he'll probably be around a 40pt. player the rest of his career.

Good for him though.

I agree with that. Also the times he was put in the top 6, he was usually put on Thornton's line. I really don't think that was the best place to put him. I think McGinn's a better player when he can play the body and use his speed. Thornton pretty much likes to slow things down and wait for players to find an open spot on the ice. McGinn really doesn't do that. In hindsight I'd like to have seen how a McGinn-Marleau-Couture line would have worked out.