• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaime McGinn

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two goals so far today for the Avs against Minnesota. Both coming in front of the net, gettin dirty, never afraid to go there. Kind of reminds me of Bernier when we dealt him for Campbell and he buried a few in his first game with Buffalo. Obviously McGinn is a better player than Bernier and has better character, so I'm thinking that this is more than just an abbe-ration. I hope the kid can tear it up for the rest of the season for Colorado and prove to be an awesome NHLer for the rest of his career. Funny because with the way things are looking right now, Colorado is probably going to make the playoffs and the SHARTS won't. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Sharks don't make the playoffs, someone at the top is going to have to pay the price or i will have lost complete faith in this team.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Two goals so far today for the Avs against Minnesota. Both coming in front of the net, gettin dirty, never afraid to go there. Kind of reminds me of Bernier when we dealt him for Campbell and he buried a few in his first game with Buffalo. Obviously McGinn is a better player than Bernier and has better character, so I'm thinking that this is more than just an abbe-ration. I hope the kid can tear it up for the rest of the season for Colorado and prove to be an awesome NHLer for the rest of his career. Funny because with the way things are looking right now, Colorado is probably going to make the playoffs and the SHARTS won't. :L

No shocker since mcginn is a far better player than either galiardi or winnik... still not sure what dougie was smoking on that deal... Good for Jamie though, I like his game, physical and mean, and a great shot. I wouldnt be shocked to see him score 20 regularly in the NHL while also being a solid physical presence.

Pisses me off...

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Sharks don't make the playoffs, someone at the top is going to have to pay the price or i will have lost complete faith in this team.

completely agreed, this is one of the most bi polar fucked organizations in the history of any sport.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets be honest, no one expected McGinn to havethe season he is having, so no one really knows if this is the real McGinn, or the scrub thats been on the Sharks the past few years is the real one... I will agree that the trade was retarded tho in the giving up top prospects aspect of it...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets be honest, no one expected McGinn to havethe season he is having, so no one really knows if this is the real McGinn, or the scrub thats been on the Sharks the past few years is the real one... I will agree that the trade was retarded tho in the giving up top prospects aspect of it...

At the start of the year I thought the Sharks were more likely to get that production out of Mitchell instead of McGinn. Swing and a miss...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I disagree that no one expected it. im not the least bit surprised. he was picked nearly in the first round (dougie traded up to get at #36), had 10 goals his rookie year in just 59 games playing only 10 mins/gm on 3rd/4th line. he's just 23, he likely hasnt come close to his ceiling. I think his physical play and shot will let him be at least as good as seto if not better. He's a very similar player in terms of speed, his shot, and his physicality. I think he took a bit longer to develop, but dougie should have waited, because he may very well become a legit top 6 NHL forward IMO.

In terms of Point per ice time, Mcginn is just a tiny bit behind havlat, clowe, and pavs while leading the team in hits. in other words, when given the chance, he produces.

havent seen much from galiardi yet, so I cant judge well, but I have yet to see anything to get excited about. Unless galiardi becomes a regular 40-50 point player for cheap, it's a terrible deal.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree that no one expected it. im not the least bit surprised. he was picked nearly in the first round (dougie traded up to get at #36), had 10 goals his rookie year in just 59 games playing only 10 mins/gm on 3rd/4th line. he's just 23, he likely hasnt come close to his ceiling. I think his physical play and shot will let him be at least as good as seto if not better. He's a very similar player in terms of speed, his shot, and his physicality. I think he took a bit longer to develop, but dougie should have waited, because he may very well become a legit top 6 NHL forward IMO.

In terms of Point per ice time, Mcginn is just a tiny bit behind havlat, clowe, and pavs while leading the team in hits. in other words, when given the chance, he produces.

havent seen much from galiardi yet, so I cant judge well, but I have yet to see anything to get excited about. Unless galiardi becomes a regular 40-50 point player for cheap, it's a terrible deal.

I think the biggest problem was any time McGinn was moved into the top six he failed miserably. With the Sharks he was only able to produce at the 3rd line level against bottom dmen, 3rd/4th line forward groups, and paired with another forward who could control the play. Anytime he was moved away from that senerio he was completely lost.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At the start of the year I thought the Sharks were more likely to get that production out of Mitchell instead of McGinn. Swing and a miss...

really??? mitchell??? he's a borderline AHLer.why do people like him... he's quick but so weak on the boards, crappy defensively, crappy on the PK, crappy in the FO circle...

BTW, wingels= mitchell. for those who think wingels is going to be anything close to a top 6 forward... its not gunna happen. Dont get me wrong, he works hard, and he's a bit more physical than mitchell, but I dont see a whole lot of difference between them. it may be too early to label wingels like that, but my prediction is that he might be a serviceable depth forward to pitches in up to 10 goals here and there.

Moore= mitchell too.

So now we have 3 torrey mitchells! yaaay!! no wonder we can't score.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the biggest problem was any time McGinn was moved into the top six he failed miserably. With the Sharks he was only able to produce at the 3rd line level against bottom dmen, 3rd/4th line forward groups, and paired with another forward who could control the play. Anytime he was moved away from that senerio he was completely lost.

I agree, but only because he just wasnt ready yet. 23 is young and mcginn's development has been steady but a bit slow. He isn't like cooch who burst on the scene guns blazing. However, he was improving steadily and I think in a year or two, he will be playing 16 mins on a top 2 line in colorado and putting up 20-25 goals and 50 points regularly. I also predict that he will be a double digit Plus player (+/- I mean), because although he is still not all that great defensively, I saw big strides this year in that area which is largely why he was basically the only regular bottom 8 forward aside from desjardins with a + rating (albeit +1). If bottom 6 forwards are plus, then that means a hell of a lot to me.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
really??? mitchell??? he's a borderline AHLer.why do people like him... he's quick but so weak on the boards, crappy defensively, crappy on the PK, crappy in the FO circle...

BTW, wingels= mitchell. for those who think wingels is going to be anything close to a top 6 forward... its not gunna happen. Dont get me wrong, he works hard, and he's a bit more physical than mitchell, but I dont see a whole lot of difference between them. it may be too early to label wingels like that, but my prediction is that he might be a serviceable depth forward to pitches in up to 10 goals here and there.

Moore= mitchell too.

So now we have 3 torrey mitchells! yaaay!! no wonder we can't score.

Wingels has much better hands then Mitchell and sees the ice better. He also controls the puck better and is more adept at utilizing his teammates. The two are nothing alike. Wingels probably won't ever reach full time top six status but he could easily be a solid producer as a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

If you think Moore is anything close to Mitchell then there isn't much hope in trying to reason with you. All you have to do is watch him for one game and you'll see that his offensive ability is far beyond anything Mitchell posesses.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great for McGinn but he still doesn't impress me one bit. Not bummed to see him go.

Good luck to him with Colorado, though!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wingels has much better hands then Mitchell and sees the ice better. He also controls the puck better and is more adept at utilizing his teammates. The two are nothing alike. Wingels probably won't ever reach full time top six status but he could easily be a solid producer as a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

If you think Moore is anything close to Mitchell then there isn't much hope in trying to reason with you. All you have to do is watch him for one game and you'll see that his offensive ability is far beyond anything Mitchell possesses.

admittedly, I havent watched moore play that much (only on other teams really), so I have to see how he is in SJ. That said he has 67 career goals and 181 points in 512 games (about 10 goals, 29 points per 82 games average.) His career high is 18 but he was played 15:30/game and the only other time he broke 10 in a year he was playing over 17 mins/game. He's broken the 30 point plateau twice in his career. he has 7 career game winners in those 500+ games. The idea that he is somehow a legit threat is ridiculous, and he's turning 32 this summer, so he's already over his prime.

Also, he's been traded 5 times in 7 years and has been a minus player in 5 straight years. he's nothing special and not much of an upgrade, if at all, over mitchell.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is a definite upgrade over Mitchell. However, he wasn't worth a 2nd round draft pick. An insanely high price for a rental that even at his best, isn't what you would call a game changer. Stupid trade by DW, a 4th would have sufficed and if Stevie Y didn't want to do that, then just walk away. Dominic Moore isn't the solution to any teams problems, he's nothing more than a compliment.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the same guys crowing about mcginn are the same guys at the start of the season calling him a waste of a roster spot lol

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the same guys crowing about mcginn are the same guys at the start of the season calling him a waste of a roster spot lol

Not me. He's still McWaste to me, at least.

Not as horrible a player and as big a waste of money as Mitchell, but still... nothing special.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, my reasons for creating this thread weren't to say; "Hey Doug Wilson is an idiot, he just traded a future hall of famer." I was just sharing info on Jaimie's first couple games with Colorado and he scored those goals in Jaimie McGinn fashion, in front of the net. He was also one of the rare guys on this team who would go to those areas. I know the Sharks seem to get off a bunch of shots but they never seem to be the right kind of shots, they don't seem to get a lot of rebound goals and when they have the opportunity to actually take quality shots they elect to attempt a cute passing play. If McGinn lands in the right situation in Colorado, he can be a lock for 20 goals per season. I like Winnik, not sure about Galiardi but I'm more pissed at losing prospects in the trade than just losing Jaimie.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I don't get. I don't understand why most don't stick by their guns. When players are here, they're a waste of space. When they're traded, they're going to be missed and they were misused. Which one is it?

I don't think McGinn will ever be more than a solid 3rd liner. I hope he has a great career and wish him well, but come on. I think Rules was the only one to EVER like him on here. When he gets traded people freak out.

When Milan Michalek was traded everybody said good. He's a wuss in the playoffs and he gets hurt too often. He gets hurt a bunch and nobody complains about losing him. He lights it up for 1/2 of this year and then everybody cries foul. Now he's gone quiet again and not a peep. I don't get it and I REALLY liked Milan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what I don't get. I don't understand why most don't stick by their guns. When players are here, they're a waste of space. When they're traded, they're going to be missed and they were misused. Which one is it?

I don't think McGinn will ever be more than a solid 3rd liner. I hope he has a great career and wish him well, but come on. I think Rules was the only one to EVER like him on here. When he gets traded people freak out.

When Milan Michalek was traded everybody said good. He's a wuss in the playoffs and he gets hurt too often. He gets hurt a bunch and nobody complains about losing him. He lights it up for 1/2 of this year and then everybody cries foul. I don't get it and I REALLY liked Milan.
Because most the fans on this board are like toronto fans lol,