• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Seatle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to truly move on to the Jacksonville game. I know that people think that this game is a joke, but there is never a sure thing in the NFL.

Here's this weeks takes:

Positives:

1) Defensive Line. The Jags have a weak offensive line, this will be a good week for the D-Line to take charge of the LOS. It'll also allow some of the recovering wounded to get some more reps.

2) Marshawn Lynch. The Seahawks really need to get the running game going, and more consistently. Wilson was 0-6 before we started pounding the ball, 8-13 after, and they were dink and dunks either. Our whole offense is based on the run, and even if this is supposed to be an easy game, I hope Bevell doesn't forget that.

3) Luke Willson. He's very athletic and talented, which has made Hawks fans really excited about him. He's a matchup nightmare, but he hasn't been able to get the ball just yet. This could be a good chance to get him some confidence and target him a few times.

Negatives:

1) Trap Game. Seahawks have just come off a very emotional win against the 9ers, and the biggest issue may be that they won't be able to generate even close to the same intensity against Jacksonville. It needs to be remembered that these players are professionals, too.

2) Blaine Gabbert. It's been reported that there is next to no chance that Gabbert plays. Henne is a solid QB, definitely not a great QB, but he isn't that bad either. By contrast, Gabbert is horrible. Now the Hawks defense isn't the Raiders D, but Henne is a much better QB, which makes the game harder for the D, even if just a little.

3) Maurice Jones-Drew. The line is horrible, the offense is inept, but MJD has shown himself to be a solid offensive weapon.

Matchups:

1) Russell Wilson vs. D. Wilson has started out slow. He needs to put on a performance like he had against Arizona or Buffalo last year. Dominate for a few quarters, then let the reserves take it over.

2) WR vs DBs. The receivers need to show that they can get separation, even against weaker opponents.

3) Gus Bradley vs. Old Team. The talent in Jacksonville isn't anywhere near that of Seattle, but Bradley knows the personnel and their style as well as anyone in the league. Can he find a way to use that against Seattle, or is his lack of talent going to be too much to overcome.

Overview:

This should be a blow out. The Seahawks have shown that they can put up points on anyone, but the Jags aren't just anyone, they're the closest thing currently to the 2008 Detroit Lions. I haven't looked it up, but I'm sure there isn't very many Super Bowl teams who lost at home to a team that was 2-14 the year before. This game could be as important as any home game this season, cause the Hawks need to send a message that it doesn't matter who they play, they're gonna bring it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the possibility of having both Clemons and Browner back this week. I'd settle for one of them, but both would be better. Jacksonville's offense is horrible, so it would be an opportunity for those guys to get back into the flow of things and shake the rust off without too much danger of getting burned in the process.

I'd like to see our offensive line play a solid game in both run blocking and pass protection. They forgot to really do either in the first game and only forgot to pass protect last week, so they're making progress, but missing Okung hurts, so hopefully those guys will be able to put together a complete performance this week in his absence to kinda ease any minds (like mine) that are a bit worried about that aspect of the team.

Assuming the last thing I mentioned happens, Wilson should have more time to throw, but part of the problem last week too was that their defense used five defensive backs for most of the game, which makes it hard for receivers to get open and made it really hard for our receivers, who aren't exactly known for getting open a lot under normal circumstances. We also need our speed guys to use that speed to stretch the field a little bit so we can run more screens and dump-offs to get our YAC guys some room to operate.

Defensively, there's no real threat to worry about on Jacksonville's offense. Blackmon is suspended, MJD might play, but he's going to be banged up, Henne might be an upgrade to what's his face, but he's not good, Marcedes Lewis is questionable and will be banged up if he does play, just like Jones-Drew, and their offensive line has given up 11 sacks in two games. If they're able to do anything significant on offense, it's because the Seahawks defense didn't take them seriously. I don't expect that to happen. Stranger things have happened and as I said in another thread, you don't want to assume anything in this league. I'm just hoping for no more injuries and a better showing from the guys that haven't had a good showing or a complete showing yet.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might seem cocky, but I see this as an extra preseason/warmup game. Get a 2 TD+ lead and then work on things for weeks to come.

Of course any given Sunday and all that, but that's for the team and the players to worry about. Not the fans. We can have expectations and we do. I fully expect this team to come out and impose their will on all 3 phases of the game Sunday

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might seem cocky, but I see this as an extra preseason/warmup game. Get a 2 TD+ lead and then work on things for weeks to come.

Of course any given Sunday and all that, but that's for the team and the players to worry about. Not the fans. We can have expectations and we do. I fully expect this team to come out and impose their will on all 3 phases of the game Sunday

I'll never forget the last time someone suggested that a regular season game was going to be like a 5th preseason game and I didn't particularly like it then, so I'd feel like a big hypocrite if I went along with the whole "5th preseason game" thing for this one. We'll have guys coming back who didn't get a preseason that will probably be handled by the coaching staff as if it was, but that's about as close to calling it a preseason game that I want to get. Yes, Jacksonville is terrible and I expect the Seahawks to win, but I don't want to take it for granted that they will.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me. Just cause I'm calling the Seahawks to easily cover that 20+ spread, I won't call it some preseason game. The Jags are still going to have all their available starters out there, including a few that were on our preseason roster.

Yes, we played a very emotionally charged game last week. But from all the press interviews today with PC and the players, they are all preparing for this weeks game. Confident they'll bring it again this Sunday. Same intensity. They're pros.

Clink might not be hitting 136 db against the Jags, but I'm sure it will still be cranking as usual.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me. Just cause I'm calling the Seahawks to easily cover that 20+ spread, I won't call it some preseason game. The Jags are still going to have all their available starters out there, including a few that were on our preseason roster.

Yes, we played a very emotionally charged game last week. But from all the press interviews today with PC and the players, they are all preparing for this weeks game. Confident they'll bring it again this Sunday. Same intensity. They're pros.

Clink might not be hitting 136 db against the Jags, but I'm sure it will still be cranking as usual.

Here is another positive for us:

We are playing at home (instead of an East coast road game) after an emotionally charged game the week prior.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another positive for us:

We are playing at home (instead of an East coast road game) after an emotionally charged game the week prior.

I didn't want to use HFA on this game, mostly because in this case I don't think the team needs the HFA to win this game.

Another thing the Seahawks need to do this game is curb back on the penalties.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time we played them here wasnt the score like 40 to 3 or something?

Il look it up brb.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Clemens get's his first start ? I know he's getting close.. Maybe limited snaps this week ?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so,,,,any updates?

They are hinting at Browner and Clemons being back it seems,we should know by Friday i bet.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another factor to probably look at this week is the weather. It's expected to be rainy and windy this Sunday so the elements might be in play again, so obviously turn overs could be a factor. The Hawks should win, but if the Jags can get a couple of turn overs against us, it could be interesting (don't look at this as a gimme!).

However, I'm expecting Wilson and Lynch to take care of the ball.

gohawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that isn't getting much attention is that Jacksonville has the #9 defense. Granted they played KC and Oakland, but they are also #2 against the pass (Seattle #1). It may not be a great sample size, and they haven't played SF, but it is something people should remember.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that isn't getting much attention is that Jacksonville has the #9 defense. Granted they played KC and Oakland, but they are also #2 against the pass (Seattle #1). It may not be a great sample size, and they haven't played SF, but it is something people should remember.

I'm not too worried about that mainly because they're near dead last against the run. We are a run first team and if the weather elements do come into play Sunday... then I'm expecting a lot of Lynch and Wilson scrambles.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 keys to the game

1. Russell Wilson starting off hot. I would like to see him start 7 for 10/90yds-110yds/1 TD.

2. Limit the penalties. Hopefully they will only commit five penalties at most which would be a good start.

3. Continue with a solid pass rush and get some sacks. Hopefully that second half pass rush last week will continue this week and it should against a bad Jax O-Line.

Even after a big win last week, I feel this team will not have a let down and win easily.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the under in this game.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus knows our guys will be licking their chops to get a sack or two. I see a lot of screens and draws from the Jags. Our LBs need to play solid and contain those plays. Shorts is the only one with any potential to hurt us in the air attack. Lock him down and it will be game over.

I see 5 or 6 sacks, a pic or two, and maybe a pic 6. I also see Lynch running all over them and then handing the duties to Turbin and Michaels(if he is ready). THis is T-Jacks best hope to get some minutes in and I think he plays the whole 4th quarter. Can't wait to see him and Stephen Williams work even though it will be run, run, pass at that point.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemons, Giacomini, Browner, Sweezy were full participants in practice today

Spencer Ware, Malcolm Smith, Jordan Hill and Jeron Johnson DNP.

May seem Clem out there this week. This would be a good week to have him get his feet wet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know that the Jags stink, but KEEP THE CROWD NOISE AT MAXIMUM LEVEL this Sunday!

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, Justin Forsett is 3rd in receptions for them. I think he's a dark horse to lead them in receiving this game if he plays enough snaps.

Last edited by a moderator: