• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jackson

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to cost in the 7-10 mil range. I don't think he is worth that kind of money. I know he will be an upgrade to what we have but the contract is going to be way too big. Macklin and Cooper both got 5 mil per season deals. They are a year younger but what is Jackson worth? Do we really pay 7-10 mil for Jackson? Plus the draft if full of WR that we can choose from.

I don't understand, if the Skins wanted to make a big splash in FA at WR why didn't they go after Nicks? Young and has a ton of upside. My guess is the Raiders are going to throw a lot of money at him. I think they will pay in the 7-10 mil range. I just cant see it for us. We need that money to sign Rak, Kerrigan, Rg3, and Williams to extensions.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he is going to want more money than what Decker got. I believe Decker got 7 mil per season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to cost in the 7-10 mil range. I don't think he is worth that kind of money. I know he will be an upgrade to what we have but the contract is going to be way too big. Macklin and Cooper both got 5 mil per season deals. They are a year younger but what is Jackson worth? Do we really pay 7-10 mil for Jackson? Plus the draft if full of WR that we can choose from.

I don't understand, if the Skins wanted to make a big splash in FA at WR why didn't they go after Nicks? Young and has a ton of upside. My guess is the Raiders are going to throw a lot of money at him. I think they will pay in the 7-10 mil range. I just cant see it for us. We need that money to sign Rak, Kerrigan, Rg3, and Williams to extensions.

1. There is no WR in the draft that will (likely) be available to us at 34 who comes in as a starter. Sure we could trade up, but at what cost??

2. What he wants and what we pay him are relative. Meaning we could give him a deal that averages what decker makes and still have it only cost $3 million against this years cap without too much fuss. We have no idea how big or small the contract will be.

3. As far as signing Rak, Kerrigan RG3 and Williams... thats for contracts over the next three years basically. Considered that we are $33, $87, and $131 million below the respective projected caps over the next three years... I dont think thats going to be a real problem. And that doesnt even take into account guys leaving or being released.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maclin, Cooper and Nicks don't even compare to Jackson in terms of impact or production. In fact, I bet you see Cooper's numbers drop off dramatically without jackson there. You are right, he will cost in the 7-10M range. As Shark pointed out, there are ways to structure that contract so it is cap friendly this year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin is IMO every bit as good as Jackson, just a different style. He's the possession guy with great hands.

Riley cooper not so much.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jackson wasnt on the market and really macklin and cooper dont compare to Dj

that being said i am concerned about his work ethic and constant renegotiating contracts

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced he's going to cost that much. Look at it like this...he was set to make the following over the next three seasons:

Nothing guaranteed if you trade for him and he's on your team...no bidding. You could have just offered up a fifth rounder for him and got three years out of him.

With nothing guaranteed you minimize your risk and only lose a fifth.

I think it will be very interesting whatever happens.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial response of Jackson visiting the redskins was gloomy at best. However there are reports of DJ. DH is part of the welcoming committee for DJ. So far he is loving his visit. DJ night features dinner with Jay Gruden and other offensive coaches, source says. Tomorrow: meetings and physical. The lasest on Ryan Clark and DJ on News 4. Could sho one give more details from News 4 report. Thanks

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins sign Jackson the perfect pick would be Moses with our 2nd rounder

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins sign Jackson the perfect pick would be Moses with our 2nd rounder

That would be one heck of an offseason. We would then have the rest of the draft to take BPA.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless by some miracle Benjamin is sitting there.

I'd def take Moses at that point. You're talking about a potential cornerstone RT for cheap.
You can draft a WR in the 1st next year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if he is gone ?

Honestly.. we cant even begin to answer the question of who we should pick until about 12:00 noon on May 9th. there are 33 picks ahead of us, and as usual around 45 guys who depending on who's blog you believe are all first round talents. Bottom line is, we SHOULD get either a very good player or a very good trade offer for the 34th pick. Now at 12 noon may 9th, we should have a list of 5-7 players who are all possible first round talents that slipped.. and only one of them can possibly be picked before we pick. So we are in a good position no matter what. Just have to trust the new front office to not fubar this.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd def take Moses at that point. You're talking about a potential cornerstone RT for cheap.
You can draft a WR in the 1st next year.

Benjamin is the one WR I would consider spending the #34 pick on. But I would take Moses and grab Coleman in the 4th.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly.. we cant even begin to answer the question of who we should pick until about 12:00 noon on May 9th. there are 33 picks ahead of us, and as usual around 45 guys who depending on who's blog you believe are all first round talents. Bottom line is, we SHOULD get either a very good player or a very good trade offer for the 34th pick. Now at 12 noon may 9th, we should have a list of 5-7 players who are all possible first round talents that slipped.. and only one of them can possibly be picked before we pick. So we are in a good position no matter what. Just have to trust the new front office to not fubar this.

my point is exactly what you are saying . we dont know :suds:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin is the one WR I would consider spending the #34 pick on. But I would take Moses and grab Coleman in the 4th.

I like Benjamen, I just think there will be so many other choices "if" we land DJAX. Even CB. Porter has a lengthy injury history. Obviously I'm assuming Moses has the same potential as Albert from KC/MIA and Fergurson from NYJ

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Benjamen, I just think there will be so many other choices "if" we land DJAX. Even CB. Porter has a lengthy injury history. Obviously I'm assuming Moses has the same potential as Albert from KC/MIA and Fergurson from NYJ

Not sure if a Cb worth the pick will be there. But we should take the best player on the board period. I dont want us to reach for any position.