• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

J.J. Watt Released

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there anyone out there who doesn't think that Florio is a fucking idiot?!

Couldn't have anything to do with age, position, cap number, trade value, nope. It must be a racial thing!
Hes an idiot, but there is a shred of truth there

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw CBS list Pittsburgh at the top choice, with the Bucs, Cowboys, Packers, and Ravens rounding out the top 5.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap wise I don't see Dallas anywhere near in play unless they let Dak hit FA.

Not to mention if Watt wants a ring, Dallas surely isn't his preferred destination.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap wise I don't see Dallas anywhere near in play unless they let Dak hit FA.
Yeah, I look at that list and Dallas is the one that doesn't look right.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap is projected to go up now. Pouncey retiring saves $8m and Ben may follow. That would clear up a ton of space.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they suddenly had the money to sign Hilton & Juju, and evening have money left to chase a FA.

Ben would be a $22m dead cap hit on the team if he retires this year.

The Steelers would still need to create cap space just to sign the rookie class as of right now if Ben retired. Let alone have cap space for Watt and others.

I just looked at the Steeler cap situation. They are in a tough spot. They have restructured so many deals in the past that they dont have a lot of people they can restructure and save a lot of $'s anymore.

Makes me think there is even less room for Watt than previously. Steelers have a long list of needs and dont have space for luxury items like Watt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there anyone out there who doesn't think that Florio is a fucking idiot?!

Couldn't have anything to do with age, position, cap number, trade value, nope. It must be a racial thing!

This fella thinks Florio's a genius.

tenor.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's flying his "I am woke" flag for clicks. That is it.
To an extent. It is valid that they didn't try to get crap for him...hes under contract... amd were just cool with it. I know contracts and positions , age etc....but watt was under contract. They could of got a crappy late round pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be hard cap wise unless Dak walks or agrees on a contract back loaded. Watts did say he loves Texas though. Packers and Steelers are really buried cap wise so don't see that working. Bucs are situated best actuallt.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fix the Dallas defence and they are in the conversation. They have the offence.

And some draft picks this year.

Unlikely, but you never know.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be hard cap wise unless Dak walks or agrees on a contract back loaded. Watts did say he loves Texas though. Packers and Steelers are really buried cap wise so don't see that working. Bucs are situated best actuallt.
Watt to the Bucs makes a lot of sense, tbh, but only if its a short deal. Ravens would be my first guess, though. They outbid the Chiefs for Earl Thomas a few years back. This feels like a similar type of thing for them where I think the Ravens might outbid some other teams for Watt because Jackson is still on a rookie contract.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance we could see him play with Aaron Donald for a season? Id just want to see what that looked like
will smith no GIF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben would be a $22m dead cap hit on the team if he retires this year.

The Steelers would still need to create cap space just to sign the rookie class as of right now if Ben retired. Let alone have cap space for Watt and others.

I just looked at the Steeler cap situation. They are in a tough spot. They have restructured so many deals in the past that they dont have a lot of people they can restructure and save a lot of $'s anymore.

Makes me think there is even less room for Watt than previously. Steelers have a long list of needs and dont have space for luxury items like Watt.
I no longer believe in the salary cap. It’s a mythical beast.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent. It is valid that they didn't try to get crap for him...hes under contract... amd were just cool with it. I know contracts and positions , age etc....but watt was under contract. They could of got a crappy late round pick.

Maybe. But I have a hard time believing that any team is going to give up draft picks for him unless he were to take a significant pay cut.

I think that Houston knew the writing was on the wall and that an aging player that had publicly asked to be released was not going to command enough for it to be worth the headache of dragging it out. Especially when they were probably going to just release him anyways before they had to pay any bonuses.