• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

J-E-T-S best team in New Jersey?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best football team in NJ. Thats kinda like being the worlds tallest midget.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best football team in NJ. Thats kinda like being the worlds tallest midget.

In this case it's like the serial killer with the best smile

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really true. If when the next time the Mets or Yanks wins a world series and a "Patriots Suck" chant breaks out then we'll have reached that stage

Heh. Alrighty then! I see you're a Jets fan and speak from experience. I would offer my condolences, but I'm Skins fan and while this season, up to this point has been pleasant. I've learned keep my condolences numbered in case of such an emergency. Just like my main man Foghorn Leghorn does with his feathers.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Alrighty then! I see you're a Jets fan and speak from experience. I would offer my condolences, but I'm Skins fan and while this season, up to this point has been pleasant. I've learned keep my condolences numbered in case of such an emergency. Just like my main man Foghorn Leghorn does with his feathers.

I'm pretty numb to the Jets sucking at this point. Between them and the Knicks I'm not sure which owner is worse.
With you being a Skins fan maybe you can tell me why they seem not to want Cousins long term. I don't get to watch all the games but I'm guessing you can tell me what the "eye test" says about his game. With the QB's I've had since Pennington (Decent until his arm fell off) I'd love to have cousins

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty numb to the Jets sucking at this point. Between them and the Knicks I'm not sure which owner is worse.

With you being a Skins fan maybe you can tell me why they seem not to want Cousins long term. I don't get to watch all the games but I'm guessing you can tell me what the "eye test" says about his game. With the QB's I've had since Pennington (Decent until his arm fell off) I'd love to have cousins

I might not be the Skins fan you want to talk to. I have my reservations about Kirk. I also have my hopes, but from a physical ability/eyeball standpoint. I have little to no issue with him. I know there have been questions about his arm strength, but the only pass that makes me worried at times are those sideline routes that have to be thrown across a lotta field. Its not that he can't make that throw, but imo its the one pass where he most needs his mechanics. When he's able to step into those throws and follow through he can stick em and do so impressively. Don't believe any of the bullshit about Cuz being unable to throw deep either. He has a real nice deep pass and hooked up with DeSean Jackson on a regular the 3 seasons he was here. This year there were a couple deep throws I think Pryor had to lose track of that were damn good throws, but Pryor stopped running on them and one that went 50+ yards from the LOS and hit Pryor in his rib cage which he dropped. He has nice touch and ball placement on all short and intermediate routes and he's not the type to hang a WR out for a big hit. He also gets through his progressions nicely.

Much has been discussed about his ability to make plays under duress. while being blitzed or throwing from a fast collapsing pocket and the truth is. He has shown both good and bad multiple times in those situations.He made a damn great pass just before getting smashed in Sunday night's game. He also threw high and behind a wide open Jamison Chowder on a play where JC walks into the end zone on a good pass and probably scores on a half-ass decent pass. What happened though was a bad pass thagt JC tipped up in the air and was INTed by Philly in week one. Philly blitzed on the play and I think Kirk just rushed the throw.

In the nutshell, sans a rocket for an arm which imo can be a great attribute, but is the most overrated aspect of QBing. Cuz has shown since the second half of the 2015 season that he can be a legit starting NFL QB. IMO what he needs to do now is become consistent in a few areas. Coming away with TDs once in the opponents RZ. Limit the big turnover at a critical points in the game. Become consistent against teams with a winning record.

For my own part. I need to get over the fact that 25 mill per isn't the benchmark for QBs who've won Super Bowls. As we're near or on the verge of seeing the NFL's first 150 million dollar man. If Cuz does the things mentioned in the nutshell. All the current Kirk Cousins nut-riders are gonna have to make room on his sack for me. As I'll be right there with em saying 'Pay the man!'

Things that probably get overlooked by non-Skins fans and maybe a few Skins fans. He's not particularly big though I've seen sites that have him listed at 220-225, he looks about 210 and 6'2" or so to me. But he's damn durable. I've seen him get his bell rung a few times, but he hasn't missed a start or a play even since being named a starter in 2015. Whatever his weight/size, he's a tough kid. He's not a runner, but when he decides to tuck the ball and run or keep the ball on the all too rare read option plays the Skins run. He can get that corner and get up field pretty good. He has a nice inner clock in his head and helps the OL far as getting rid of the ball quickly and/or avoiding sacks.

Apologies for the late response. I've been adding this or that throughout the day.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might not be the Skins fan you want to talk to. I have my reservations about Kirk. I also have my hopes, but from a physical ability/eyeball standpoint. I have little to no issue with him. I know there have been questions about his arm strength, but the only pass that makes me worried at times are those sideline routes that have to be thrown across a lotta field. Its not that he can't make that throw, but imo its the one pass where he most needs his mechanics. When he's able to step into those throws and follow through he can stick em and do so impressively. Don't believe any of the bullshit about Cuz being unable to throw deep either. He has a real nice deep pass and hooked up with DeSean Jackson on a regular the 3 seasons he was here. This year there were a couple deep throws I think Pryor had to lose track of that were damn good throws, but Pryor stopped running on them and one that went 50+ yards from the LOS and hit Pryor in his rib cage which he dropped. He has nice touch and ball placement on all short and intermediate routes and he's not the type to hang a WR out for a big hit. He also gets through his progressions nicely.

Much has been discussed about his ability to make plays under duress. while being blitzed or throwing from a fast collapsing pocket and the truth is. He has shown both good and bad multiple times in those situations.He made a damn great pass just before getting smashed in Sunday night's game. He also threw high and behind a wide open Jamison Chowder on a play where JC walks into the end zone on a good pass and probably scores on a half-ass decent pass. What happened though was a bad pass thagt JC tipped up in the air and was INTed by Philly in week one. Philly blitzed on the play and I think Kirk just rushed the throw.

In the nutshell, sans a rocket for an arm which imo can be a great attribute, but is the most overrated aspect of QBing. Cuz has shown since the second half of the 2015 season that he can be a legit starting NFL QB. IMO what he needs to do now is become consistent in a few areas. Coming away with TDs once in the opponents RZ. Limit the big turnover at a critical points in the game. Become consistent against teams with a winning record.

For my own part. I need to get over the fact that 25 mill per isn't the benchmark for QBs who've won Super Bowls. As we're near or on the verge of seeing the NFL's first 150 million dollar man. If Cuz does the things mentioned in the nutshell. All the current Kirk Cousins nut-riders are gonna have to make room on his sack for me. As I'll be right there with em saying 'Pay the man!'

Things that probably get overlooked by non-Skins fans and maybe a few Skins fans. He's not particularly big though I've seen sites that have him listed at 220-225, he looks about 210 and 6'2" or so to me. But he's damn durable. I've seen him get his bell rung a few times, but he hasn't missed a start or a play even since being named a starter in 2015. Whatever his weight/size, he's a tough kid. He's not a runner, but when he decides to tuck the ball and run or keep the ball on the all too rare read option plays the Skins run. He can get that corner and get up field pretty good. He has a nice inner clock in his head and helps the OL far as getting rid of the ball quickly and/or avoiding sacks.

Apologies for the late response. I've been adding this or that throughout the day.

Thanks Breed. Always a pleasure chatting with you

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Breed. Always a pleasure chatting with you

Yeah, I like conversing with you as well. I may not always agree with your position, but many times it gives me me something to think about.

]What did he say? I only get an hour for lunch...:D

Heh. Nice.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like conversing with you as well. I may not always agree with your position, but many times it gives me me something to think about.

Heh. Nice.
Same here Breed. If we all agreed on everything it'd be one boring site