• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've figured out Oklahoma's problem...

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all those texas recruits.

Discuss.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of their problem is they need to start recruiting actual db's instead of just black guys that can run fast.

Problem #2: venebles

Problem #3: pick one offensive coordinator and run with it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of their problem is they need to start recruiting actual db's instead of just black guys that can run fast.

Problem #2: venebles

Problem #3: pick one offensive coordinator and run with it.

Seriously. The last DB you had worth a damn was Roy Williams

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. The last DB you had worth a damn was Roy Williams

Yup. Well nick Harris was pretty decent, but he was more of a hybrid than a true db.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texas - lots of texas recruits
OU - lots of texas recruits

both - sucking out loud right now

...it's the only correlation I can find.

EvilVodka

Warlock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU needs to look at what LSU, Alabama, and Georgia are doing on defense...

I don't know what the hell OU is doing lately, but in the games they've lost, they got scorched through the air

Maybe start recruiting huge ass nose tackles and using some 3-3-5 formations...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what the hell OU is doing lately, but in the games they've lost, they got scorched through the air

See my comment. They needs to recruit true corners and safetys instead of black guys that just run fast. They also have to find a way to start getting pressure on the quarterback. It's seems both our d line and I line get overpowered regularly.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be on to something...Bama's kicker is from Texas :L

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Gabe Lynn is an amazing db...check the Texas Tech game...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my comment. They needs to recruit true corners and safetys instead of black guys that just run fast. They also have to find a way to start getting pressure on the quarterback. It's seems both our d line and I line get overpowered regularly.

LOL. When I posted ALL this season how undersized your DL was, I got hated on and called a troll by OU fans.

Amazing how a few losses changes your perspective. A small DL is a small DL, it shouldn't take them getting whipped for some of you to see it.

Stoops just needs to either find bigger guys or get his current guys in a better conditioning program

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. When I posted ALL this season how undersized your DL was, I got hated on and called a troll by OU fans.

Amazing how a few losses changes your perspective. A small DL is a small DL, it shouldn't take them getting whipped for some of you to see it.

Stoops just needs to either find bigger guys or get his current guys in a better conditioning program

I don't recall busting your balls on this.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah me either. I have repped your avatar though :)

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall busting your balls on this.

It's the usual suspects.....MarkOU, a few other notorious homers. When you guys were preseason #1 I predicted at least 2 losses because of your DL and secondary, as well as Venebles......and was immediately flamed. The LB core is FANTASTIC, but the rest are nothing to write home about.

Of course, me being a Longhorns fan immediately means I can't see the obvious truth that this was the greatest Sooner team of all time to some of your more exuberant homers.

I don't troll, despite what many here think. I ALWAYS give logical reasons for anything I put out here. You can agree or not, that's what the board is for. But it's GREAT to be able to have an honest discussion without unnecessary flaming with you guys. I enjoy good natured ribbing as much as the next guy, but some out here take everything as a personal attack when you point out flaws in their team.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU was preseason #1 for a reason. A great team with the right schedule set up. Who said Baylor and Tech would beat OU this year? Nobody of course the usual suspects.....starbigd, a few other notorious haters said it would be Florida State, A&M, OSU or maybe Texas. So whatever. Another year of injuries and epic screwups cost them 2 games then a good ass beatin the like I havn't seen in years gave them the 3rd. Major collapse.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ However El Texan was the loan texas fan who said RG3 would beat Texas and OU but I guess he didnt think he would beat Texas twice.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ However El Texan was the loan texas fan who said RG3 would beat Texas and OU but I guess he didnt think he would beat Texas twice.

Still can't give me credit, can you? I told you SPECIFICALLY that your DL was small, and that your secondary was weak. You responded with stats vs weak teams as if that changed the FACT your DL was small.

I wasn't just blowing smoke. And you were #1 because of media hype and name recognition, nothing more.

But as usual, you just can't simply say I was right. Lame.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't give me credit, can you? I told you SPECIFICALLY that your DL was small, and that your secondary was weak. You responded with stats vs weak teams as if that changed the FACT your DL was small.

I wasn't just blowing smoke. And you were #1 because of media hype and name recognition, nothing more.

But as usual, you just can't simply say I was right. Lame.

You said FSU would beat us. You said we was going to the PAC 12.

You said lots of things. Yes, I know you said our DL was small but you certianly didnt predict Baylor and Tech would beat us. You never said such a thing. We went to FSU, won. We beat that Texas ass. Our D Line sure didnt look small that day when we got 10 sacks. Was rolling high then Tech happened. Was freaky then Baylor pulled out and epic 40 second win at the end due to a Bob Stoops fail. OSU was just the collapse that was bound to come since November hit.

You also said OU was going to lose some games. Why? Because you are a Texas fan and obviously a homer that does not like OU. It's cool, I'm a homer and I don't like Texas either. When and if ever Texas is preseason #1, I'll be right there saying they will lose a couple of games too and if they do I'll be like, told you soo. :brick:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's easy to put up good pass defense numbers when only 1 team in your conference throws the ball much, remember WVU scorched that LSU secondary for almost 500 yards.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG TWELVE puts their best players on offense. The SEC puts their best players on defense.

It's just a different culture of football.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said FSU would beat us. You said we was going to the PAC 12.

You said lots of things. Yes, I know you said our DL was small but you certianly didnt predict Baylor and Tech would beat us. You never said such a thing. We went to FSU, won. We beat that Texas ass. Our D Line sure didnt look small that day when we got 10 sacks. Was rolling high then Tech happened. Was freaky then Baylor pulled out and epic 40 second win at the end due to a Bob Stoops fail. OSU was just the collapse that was bound to come since November hit.

You also said OU was going to lose some games. Why? Because you are a Texas fan and obviously a homer that does not like OU. It's cool, I'm a homer and I don't like Texas either. When and if ever Texas is preseason #1, I'll be right there saying they will lose a couple of games too and if they do I'll be like, told you soo. :brick:

Wrong on all counts. I have NEVER said FSU would beat you. I never said any team would specifically beat you. I merely said you would lose 2 games because your defense was not championship caliber.

Here is where you humble up, act like a man, and admit - I was right, and you were wrong. It's not that hard.

Edit: I DID say you were going to Pac 12.....and the fact is, you WOULD be in the Pac 12 if they wanted you. Don't act like the university didn't want in. They merely got rejected.

Last edited by a moderator: