• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Philthy so no shocker

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A football thread turned into a restaurant thread?

Move this to the food section?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I don't talk about food enough on the NFL and NBA threads....you guys had to go here.....

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir, they were heavy, but these goalposts have been moved!
Want to talk about moving the goal posts. We went from "for years the top 2 restaurants in the US were in Philadelphia" to seeing links that show that one restaurant was ranked the best for one year and the other was "among the best".

I know you didn't make the claim, but come on.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of you "foodies" are half-a-fag (no offense) so I don't really have a dog in this fight.......shit I forgot what I was going to say, but I just remembered this great Korean restaurant on South Street........ I'm out

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love women all my life, you suck ONE COCK and boom, you're a cocksucker. Ridiculous
As famous 20th Century philosopher A.D. Clay once said "There are two kinds of people in this world-Those who suck dick, and those who do not suck dick".

Then he did a bunch of zany nursery rhymes and slipped into obscurity for a few decades...

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As famous 20th Century philosopher A.D. Clay once said "There are two kinds of people in this world-Those who suck dick, and those who do not suck dick".

Then he did a bunch of zany nursery rhymes and slipped into obscurity for a few decades...
Yeah but then it was later revealed that he was a fraud who sucked dick and licked pussy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love women all my life, you suck ONE COCK and boom, you're a cocksucker. Ridiculous
:spit:That was great. Perhaps the best response I've seen on "the Hoop" so far in 2018:suds:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but then it was later revealed that he was a fraud who sucked dick and licked pussy
revealed that he was a fraud? What are you talking about? That's a strong accusation. The cinematic genius who brought us "Ford Fairlane" will never be a fraud in my eyes

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In PE and Philly's defense, most of the Philly people have stated that the heart of the Philly food scene is the smaller, locally owned and run restaurants and establishments. So we wouldn't expect those to be ranked high on a National list by a pretentious "foodie" outfit. I just don't get how you can compare it to NY. But, the beauty of food is that we all have our own personal preference and idea of what a great eating experience is.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In PE and Philly's defense, most of the Philly people have stated that the heart of the Philly food scene is the smaller, locally owned and run restaurants and establishments. So we wouldn't expect those to be ranked high on a National list by a pretentious "foodie" outfit. I just don't get how you can compare it to NY. But, the beauty of food is that we all have our own personal preference and idea of what a great eating experience is.
Sure. But it was a Philly guy who was saying they had the top two restaurants in the US.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the food thread this has become.
I would like to interject if I was to travel anywhere for a dish with the word "steak" in it it would not be Philadelphia.
Kansas City would be my destination.
They know beef.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get people.

Philly is a great food town.
No it isnt
It has had some of the nations best restaurants. #1 and #2 one year.
No it hasnt
Well heres proof
Youre an idiot.

I just dont understand people.

I'm feeling a bit philanthropic this morning, so I'm going to help you understand what actually happened here.

First, you didn't say, "Philly is a great food town." You said:
probably the best food culture in the country.
It's not.

It may or may not be a great food town depending on one's tastes, but I wouldn't expect many people (if any) outside of Philadelphia to claim it has "the best food culture in the country."

Second, you didn't say "It has had some of the nations best restaurants. #1 and #2 one year." You said:
For years the 1st and 2nd best restaurants in the country were in Philly (The Fountain and Le Bec Fin).

That's not true. No reputable source has ever ranked two Philadelphia restaurants as the top two restaurants in the country in any year, much less "for years."

Third, your "proof" never proved what you were actually saying, and was basically shit.

A quote from Wiki that stated that in 1994, Conde Nast (a reputable source) ranked Le Bec-Fin as the #1 restaurant. That's an impressive acomplishment and there is no question in my mind that even with out it, Le Bec-Fin was a world class restaurant. However, the fact is, it was not ranked #1 "for years."

The blurb you found for The Fountain claiming that it is/was "consistently rated among the best in the U.S." was taken from a fluff piece written about Philadelphia restaurants by a travel company. It does not prove that The Fountain was ever ranked as the #2 restaurant in the nation, much less "for years."

Had you just said "Philly is a great food town," likely no one would have said a word about it. Instead, you vastly overstated its food culture with wild exaggerations and got skewered for it.

I hope this helps.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But it was a Philly guy who was saying they had the top two restaurants in the US.

I'm feeling a bit philanthropic this morning, so I'm going to help you understand what actually happened here.

First, you didn't say, "Philly is a great food town." You said:

It's not.

It may or may not be a great food town depending on one's tastes, but I wouldn't expect many people (if any) outside of Philadelphia to claim it has "the best food culture in the country."

Second, you didn't say "It has had some of the nations best restaurants. #1 and #2 one year." You said:

That's not true. No reputable source has ever ranked two Philadelphia restaurants as the top two restaurants in the country in any year, much less "for years."

Third, your "proof" never proved what you were actually saying, and was basically shit.

A quote from Wiki that stated that in 1994, Conde Nast (a reputable source) ranked Le Bec-Fin as the #1 restaurant. That's an impressive acomplishment and there is no question in my mind that even with out it, Le Bec-Fin was a world class restaurant. However, the fact is, it was not ranked #1 "for years."

The blurb you found for The Fountain claiming that it is/was "consistently rated among the best in the U.S." was taken from a fluff piece written about Philadelphia restaurants by a travel company. It does not prove that The Fountain was ever ranked as the #2 restaurant in the nation, much less "for years."

Had you just said "Philly is a great food town," likely no one would have said a word about it. Instead, you vastly overstated its food culture with wild exaggerations and got skewered for it.

I hope this helps.

When ONE Winner just ain't enough
:dingdingding::dingdingding::dingdingding:

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To-may-to
To-mah-to
The kid probably just mixed up a few syllables....

Well done, Slink.
:suds: