• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its on the Offense

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense played well enough today. The offense is absolutely horrible. Embarrassing. We can't score points or get first downs. This passing offense is a joke right now. RG3 was so bad today. Has to be the worst offensive performance of the year. The defense had 4 turnovers and scored again.

I cant believe our offense is this bad. Who is responsible? Kyle, Rg3, WR's, or Mike?? Someone please take responsibility.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense played well enough today. The offense is absolutely horrible. Embarrassing. We can't score points or get first downs. This passing offense is a joke right now. RG3 was so bad today. Has to be the worst offensive performance of the year. The defense had 4 turnovers and scored again.

I cant believe our offense is this bad. Who is responsible? Kyle, Rg3, WR's, or Mike?? Someone please take responsibility.

right now all the above

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you need to be a bit more specific. Our passing offense sucks. We can run on anybody. For the life of me I can't understand why, when Morris had close to 80 yds in the first half and we go up by 14 within minutes in the second half, why we didn't just feed it to Morris left and right. He only had 7 touches in the second half. Can someone please explain the wisdom of that play calling?

Not only would have Morris worn their defense down, but we would have kept manning on the sideline. I just don't get it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you need to be a bit more specific. Our passing offense sucks. We can run on anybody. For the life of me I can't understand why, when Morris had close to 80 yds in the first half and we go up by 14 within minutes in the second half, why we didn't just feed it to Morris left and right. He only had 7 touches in the second half. Can someone please explain the wisdom of that play calling?

Not only would have Morris worn their defense down, but we would have kept manning on the sideline. I just don't get it.

Yep - the formula was well laid out with that long drive just before halftime. Why didn't they feed off of that even when the score was 21-21? Makes no sense.

This is really discouraging since at the current time it appears that not only is RG3 regressing, but the coaching also seems to be regressing. I am almost past the point of making suggestions since just about everything is broken & this is becoming very frustrating.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree jy19. That is on Kyle who calls the plays. Something has to be done there. Mike has to take over the play calling. But the whole offense cant get a first down when we were up by 14. Its just plain awful. They refuse to get Garcon involved in this offense. Another huge drop for Moss today. Something has to be done about this offense. Its making the defense look bad and the defense is not bad at all considering the injuries that we had.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree jy19. That is on Kyle who calls the plays. Something has to be done there. Mike has to take over the play calling. But the whole offense cant get a first down when we were up by 14. Its just plain awful. They refuse to get Garcon involved in this offense. Another huge drop for Moss today. Something has to be done about this offense. Its making the defense look bad and the defense is not bad at all considering the injuries that we had.

we had a rambo sighting as well

i think sometimes kyle tries to get too cute

the best thing was to let or truck run wild

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there was a reporter who had the stones to ask Shanahan why he abandoned the run in the second half?

Run Morris, then run Helu, then run Young if you don't want RG3 to get hit.

Were any other rb's available? I would have run them too.

Worst playcalling I've seen in a long time.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They tried the one trick they have in their arsenal to get Garcon involved - a bubble screen that was immediately sniffed out by the defense.

On the other sidelines, Manning got his team back into the game running wr pick plays and crossing routes.

That was literally all he needed to run to get back into the game.

I mean, it's hard to compare your offense to one being managed by one of the top five qb's to ever play the game, but that enough SHOULD HAVE been a wakeup call to Kyle Shanahan to pull out all of the stops in running his offense today - flea flickers, boots, gadget plays, who gives a fuck?!

ESPECIALLY up 14 points.

Stupidly bad.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there was a reporter who had the stones to ask Shanahan why he abandoned the run in the second half?

Run Morris, then run Helu, then run Young if you don't want RG3 to get hit.

Were any other rb's available? I would have run them too.

Worst playcalling I've seen in a long time.
yeah but execution was poor too

RG3 left plays on the filed with poor choices and locking on wrs . this last off season was a wash for him

no real progress in the art of playing qb as would be expected

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but execution was poor too

RG3 left plays on the filed with poor choices and locking on wrs . this last off season was a wash for him

no real progress in the art of playing qb as would be expected

True.

Execution was poor.

So take him out, and put in Cousins.

RG3 looked like "he had it," last week. Turns out, he didn't.

After what was his 12398102983th hit, and before he injured his knee, he probably should have come out.

Just sayin...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I think its safe to say that this loss is on Kyle.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I think its safe to say that this loss is on Kyle.

Here's the problem. The reasons for the losses & issues vary from game to game. Sometimes they even change within the game. One week it is defense or special teams then it is the offense, then mistakes, coaching, etc.

There are just way too many issues right now & plenty of blame to be placed all the way around. Heck - I am less concerned about the losses then with general inconsistency, lack of urgency, etc. To me - this does not feel the same as last year right before they made the turnaround.

At that point last year at least there was plenty of hope especially on the offense. Back then there was a feeling that they just needed some retooling on the defense over the next few years. Now question marks are everywhere including the QB position (which after last season most of us felt would not be the case except for the injury issue). There are some underlying issues that have to be addressed by this team if they expect to have a solid organization moving forward.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin was let down by the line. He was let down by the receivers not making the plays.

But, I couldn't tell you how many times I heard Sonny say Griffin was not "seeing the field" today

Or how many times Cooley said another receiver was open.

I'm sure we've all noticed that Griffin locks into is favorite receivers.

These are things to be expected from a second year quarterback.

Griffin is adjusting to becoming a pocket quarterback & struggling, which is understandable. However, his long term health/success out weighs his short term failures, IMO.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, Krush.......why the urgency to make him a pocket passer? He does great when we move the pocket and he rolls out. It freezes the defense because the don't know if he is going to run or not. he actually is very accurate throwing on the run. It also helps our OL, especially with the pressure up the middle. So why are we trying to make him a pocket passer, at least with this OL? Can somebody please explain that to me?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can blame the defense at all this year. They have been very good. Most DTD since 1994. This season its become the offense and special teams that are the problems not this defense. I think Haslett has done a great job. If our offense was just avg this year we would be a .500 team.

I don't know what is going on in RG3 head right now.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can blame the defense at all this year. They have been very good. Most DTD since 1994. This season its become the offense and special teams that are the problems not this defense. I think Haslett has done a great job. If our offense was just avg this year we would be a .500 team.

Dean, do you not remember to Philly and GB games? The defense couldn't stop a high school team those first couple of weeks. Now the last 3 games, I agree, they are playing better.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whats going on is he didnt progress in the art of playing qb this past off season because of rehab

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely on the offense. There is no question to that and the defense deserves a ton of credit for how well they played.

They forced 4 turnovers and scored 7 points.

They were great until Rocca shanked that punt. Did anybody not thing Denver was going to get a TD? Then RG3 had a pick. Denver got 14 points right there on 60 yards of offense.

RG3 missed pass after pass. Even when he saw the open player like Josh Morgan, he missed the pass. As much as many of you would like to see RG3 a "pocket passer," it's foolish to make him that way. By the time we find out if he is, it will be time to sign him to a big contract. Right now he has no pocket presence at all.

The offensive line is not a good traditional pass blocking line but can hold up if the run threat is there. If we get one dimensional, we cannot win.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, Krush.......why the urgency to make him a pocket passer?

It's so easy to be shortsighted to say run for you life, you're mobile .... we need to win today. Win now. When realistically we're not going to make a serious push for the superbowl & all we're doing is jeopardizing our investment.

But eventually we'll reach a point where the franchise can be considered relevant contenders for a superbowl. Once we have available salary cap to address the secondary & O-line through free agency ... along with first round picks in 2015.

In order to get the value of 3 first round picks out of Griffin we need to make a superbowl run. I think everything we do now is building to that point ... everything is building toward 2015.

It comes down to building for the future.