• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its not going to be better this season....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can not see this team improving from the 4-12 of last season, I'm not trying to hate, ( believe me I want the winning back) but there is no way this defense can stop any team, specially the passing game. There is no pressure on the QB, if there is its a stunt and LB's are forced to help the rush instead of coverage,
then there is the coverage it self, over the top safety help is never correct when they give up a big play, you can always always see the corner looking at the safety asking WTF?

To ask the offense to score all the time and to put the pressure on them to milk the clock down before scoring the go ahead points is asking way to much, even in the pro's......

Tell me if I'm wrong here if I'm not seeing something???

lhagen931

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can not see this team improving from the 4-12 of last season, I'm not trying to hate, ( believe me I want the winning back) but there is no way this defense can stop any team, specially the passing game. There is no pressure on the QB, if there is its a stunt and LB's are forced to help the rush instead of coverage,
then there is the coverage it self, over the top safety help is never correct when they give up a big play, you can always always see the corner looking at the safety asking WTF?

To ask the offense to score all the time and to put the pressure on them to milk the clock down before scoring the go ahead points is asking way to much, even in the pro's......

I have the same shitty feeling about these Eagles this year.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A couple of things here before I say I agree w you. First, our schedule is pretty difficult to begin with. In fact, don't be surprised that the division winner has a 7-9 or an 8-8 record this season. Secondly, it's very tough for a transition from going 4-3 to a 3-4. Our guys are pretty small and inexperienced in this area. Finally, we all should have known from the get go that this defense would go through it's growing pains. A big learning curve goes along w this. That being said, just try to enjoy the season for what it is. We can expect to see the good, the bad, and the ugly. :suds:

ACTIONJACKSON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least our guys will be fun to watch. Just want to see the offense tear it up (hopefully get Maclin back next year and add even more fire power) and just use the year to evaluate the talent on defense. Looks like we may need a completely new secondary but the most pressing issue is Nate Allen.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Davis has always been a horrible DC his whole career with multiple franchises, don't know what Kelly sees in this man but he is garbage, didn't think it could get worse but it did, I guess the saying is true, sometimes things gotta get even worse before they can get better but who knows, I'm not impressed with this career failure!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Davis has always been a horrible DC his whole career with multiple franchises, don't know what Kelly sees in this man but he is garbage, didn't think it could get worse but it did, I guess the saying is true, sometimes things gotta get even worse before they can get better but who knows, I'm not impressed with this career failure!

Billy Davis has shit to work with. I do like his schemes. He has nice designed blitz packages. If only the fucking team didn't waste draft picks from the last 3 years, it's possible we wouldn't be in this situation. I'm willing to give Davis the benefit of the doubt rather than giving him the axe after 2 games.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Davis has shit to work with. I do like his schemes. He has nice designed blitz packages. If only the fucking team didn't waste draft picks from the last 3 years, it's possible we wouldn't be in this situation. I'm willing to give Davis the benefit of the doubt rather than giving him the axe after 2 games.

Mall you are correct (IMO) that the schemes aren't that bad. Like I said a couple of weeks ago was its kinda nice seeing the pressure like the old days with Johnson as the DC.

Here's were i'm concerned down the road, and I had this feeling after the hire, then watching the Skins game, then being fair, (and a Pac 12 homer) I asked Duck fans about Kelly and his attention to the defense, and the one answer I got back that is in the back of my head, is a 53 man roster gonna be deep enough for him to,

A) run this offense
B) and be able to provide enough depth for the defense.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mall you are correct (IMO) that the schemes aren't that bad. Like I said a couple of weeks ago was its kinda nice seeing the pressure like the old days with Johnson as the DC.

Here's were i'm concerned down the road, and I had this feeling after the hire, then watching the Skins game, then being fair, (and a Pac 12 homer) I asked Duck fans about Kelly and his attention to the defense, and the one answer I got back that is in the back of my head, is a 53 man roster gonna be deep enough for him to,

A) run this offense
B) and be able to provide enough depth for the defense.

My answer to this is yes. We need to draft explosive pass fishers. By doing so, it will help out our pathetic secondary from being further exploided. Draft defensive players that can play in a hybrid role. It's really a simple fix, maybe not with this current roster, but it's not like the entire defense stinks. The blitzing needs to continue. We need to cut down on the penalties. And probably the most important than any of these, these guys need to learn how to fucking tackle properly. They all want to deliver the big hit, yet it seems like that's how they get burned. Basic fundamental tackling will go a long way.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The biggest issue with the defense, to me, is that our safeties suck -- especially Nate Allen. Our corners can't play the way they should be able to, because they never know if they'll actually get help over the top or not.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. And probably the most important than any of these, these guys need to learn how to fucking tackle properly. They all want to deliver the big hit, yet it seems like that's how they get burned. Basic fundamental tackling will go a long way.

I wonder if they watch Dawkins highlight reels when they arrive in Philly, and that's why there always trying for the big hit....

I understand that the switch takes time, and yes hybird players are a must need, but I still feel your gonna need a lot of depth, you can't expect two deep to be able to go a whole game if this offense is running up and down the field, clock management is gonna come into play....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno why everyone is jumping all over the Eagles.

#1 - doing a hurry up offense in the NFL as your base playstyle is not exactly a great thing. The Colts and Manning did this for a little while and his defense was EXHAUSTED by end of game. The only reason they won was because Peyton was destroying defenses for 400 yards and 4 TDs and scoring at will. You need like a top 10 all time QB to run this and even then it's not that effective.

#2 - Eagles don't have the pass rush to counteract the lead their offense is supposed to generate which supports the opposing offense to start passing. Indy actually had that in Freeney/Mathis and their speed LBers. They were horribad against the run but didn't have to play it as much.

#3 - Eagles defense is just flat out lousy. Very few playmakers on that 'thing'

And frankly the Redskins game was not a great showing by Philly. Like +4 turnover differential and at one point it was still a 3-7 point game or something?

Eagles do not impress me. I'm calling 6-10. I called 8-8 (as I've been calling them for the last 3 years) earlier this year, but I'll downgrade it a little and eat my own prediction. Happy to eat crow as always if proven wrong.