• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its not a "losing" situation for the Lions

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is very simple. A better D w better corners and better DTs than we have now topped out at 12. It's not perfect science but it gives us something to compare to.

No, it really doesn't. It just gives you a straw to grasp at.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it really doesn't. It just gives you a straw to grasp at.

Says you.

Lions 2014 pass defense ranked 13th. Very Austin like. Just like his 2013 Ravens.

Run defense dominated and helped them get that overall top 3 spot.

No Suh, no elite run D + 13th ranked pass D = not too good.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he doesn't sign back with the Lions, he's making a huge mistake going to Miami. They've plainly and simply been an inept franchise for a long time now with no reason to think it will be better, Suh or not. I mean they already apparently don't want their huge free agent mistake from last season. They have no clue. You can say I'm blind to what is and isn't with my favorite team, homer glasses, whatever, but from an outsiders perspective who has had to watch a lot of the Dolphins, I can tell you with certainty that they have no clue.

I watch them too. They beat he SB champs. Lions can't beat even 1 winning team. Bullshit the Lions are better than Miami.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is? Guys in their 3rd year don't all get better. Now Slay lost his D captain and the guy who puts the pressure on the QB. But now Slay will be even better? Not buying it.

No, not all players get better in their 3rd year but the 3rd year is when most players who will turn a corner, do turn that corner. Obvioulsy Suh was a huge part of the D, the lynch pin, but that doesn't mean that individually Slay won't be a better player. In all likelihood, Slay will be a better player than he was last year. It may not show up in the numbers, but it'll show up on the film. Even more so, I think Ziggy is in for a huge year. Ziggy is special and it won't be long before he needs a new contract which is one reason I'm not that broken up about Suh leaving. I think with Suh we'd have to watch a stud DE walk in a couple of years.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch them too. They beat he SB champs. Lions can't beat even 1 winning team. Bullshit the Lions are better than Miami.

The Chiefs and the Bills beat the Pats too. All of them were mediocre last season. Even more so, the Lions beat Miami. You watched that game, right? They beat Miami the last couple of times they've played. Miami hasn't been good.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is currently the better team. No doubt about it. We shall see how the rest of free agency goes for the Lions.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is currently the better team. No doubt about it. We shall see how the rest of free agency goes for the Lions.

Obvioulsy if Reid is our starting DT then miami may be better but my guess is they have ZERO money left to do anything in free agency. Chances are pretty slim that they end up better than Detroit

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you just burst all our bubbles at once, you, you bubble burster.

Sorry 68, but it is the harsh truth. Lombardi needs to step up his game next year or step aside. I don't have high hopes, but I am willing to give him 1 more year and that is it.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Miami is a better team bullshit is comical. The easiest way to spot a dumpster fire of a team is when they ridiculously overpay trying g to bring in talent

Dolphins are now up against the cap wall, have zero offensive identity or even talent on that side of the ball. Suh will be watching the playoffs rather than playing in them now.

The ring clearly isn't important to him cause he isn't getting one in Miami I'll guarantee it

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DR. Evil-er thanks for stepping in and clearing up my snafu, actually it was a MAJOR SCREW-UP, on R.O.I.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are now up against the cap wall, have zero offensive identity or even talent on that side of the ball. Suh will be watching the playoffs rather than playing in them now.

The ring clearly isn't important to him cause he isn't getting one in Miami I'll guarantee it

Think I said that on another thread.......He was all about the money, you don't build a Championship team with greedy people.....You build one on young kids with chips on there shoulders out to prove themselves, and then when they earn that next contract you let them walk.

Also drafting and reconginzing good young kids helps a lot...... Character and brains sometimes trump athleticism and 40 yard dash times.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Miami is a better team bullshit is comical. The easiest way to spot a dumpster fire of a team is when they ridiculously overpay trying g to bring in talent

Only Lions fans could possibly think they're team got better losing their best player. Fairley is leaving for Indy. Somehow this makes them dumb and the Lions better lol

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I said that on another thread.......He was all about the money, you don't build a Championship team with greedy people.....You build one on young kids with chips on there shoulders out to prove themselves, and then when they earn that next contract you let them walk.

Also drafting and reconginzing good young kids helps a lot...... Character and brains sometimes trump athleticism and 40 yard dash times.

This is such bullshit. Lions fans will say anything to feel better about this awful team. He took a whole 2 million more in guaranteed money wow what greed!!!!

Lions are so cool, players with heart just want to play here for free man.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fairly bolting for Indy. Good thing we got Ebron and re-signed Orlovsky though. 4th place is ours this year for the taking.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such bullshit. Lions fans will say anything to feel better about this awful team. He took a whole 2 million more in guaranteed money wow what greed!!!!

Lions are so cool, players with heart just want to play here for free man.

Your Ok Rob....Just need to realize the situation for what it is. The Lions couldn't afford him so he left....That means Suh didn't take the home town discount to play for less for a team he didn't want to play for.

Pretty simple.....I wouldn't try to get all wrapped up into it spending months posting about it. What's done is done.....

Let's talk about the money we will have instead of tagging or singing Suh and being broke.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took a whole 2 million more in guaranteed money wow what greed!!!!

Swarm, It's NOT just or solely 2M more in guaranteed money. Lions offered 6yr./102M w/58M Guaranteed. Dolphins are giving him the opportunity to earn another 12M as it's 6yr./114 a60M guaranteed. And not only that, the Fins are paying Suh 60M in the 1st three years. That 60M most likely isn't all of his guaranteed money.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Ok Rob....Just need to realize the situation for what it is. The Lions couldn't afford him so he left....That means Suh didn't take the home town discount to play for less for a team he didn't want to play for.

Pretty simple.....I wouldn't try to get all wrapped up into it spending months posting about it. What's done is done.....

Let's talk about the money we will have instead of tagging or singing Suh and being broke.

Honestly I think he used the Lions as leverage to get that deal out of Miami. He was never coming back here because we could never get by Green Bay.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm, It's NOT just or solely 2M more in guaranteed money. Lions offered 6yr./102M w/58M Guaranteed. Dolphins are giving him the opportunity to earn another 12M as it's 6yr./114 a60M guaranteed. And not only that, the Fins are paying Suh 60M in the 1st three years. That 60M most likely isn't all of his guaranteed money.

I understand that. But this attitude about greed is bs cause it implies the Lions are closer to a championship then the Fins is unreal to me. Who do fans think the Lions are? Do we forget the past?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got a better idea. Go ahead and start the win/loss prediction thread and put me down for 3-13. Nothing Mayhew does from here to week one is going to get my hopes up again. The fucker doesn't have a clue.