• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's LOTTO DAY!!!

Who gets the first pick in the draft?

• Celtics

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Suns

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Lakers

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sixers

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take one of the PGs if I were the Celts.

As great as a season as Thomas has had, he's a 5'9" guard at the end of the day. It will come back to hurt them.

Coming off the bench, he would be dynamite...
Let fultz take the ball up instead of thomas. Take some pressure off of him.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hayward signs with Boston this summer....
There has been buzz around 'Hayward to Boston' for a while now... what with the Butler/Stevens connection.

I'd be fine with that... but it still leaves the Celtics with a huge hole when it comes to rebounding. It's their number one weakness by far. If Rondo doesn't go down, the C's might have lost to freakin' Chicago... primarily because they were getting bludgeoned on the boards. Rondo was averaging what?... 8 rebounds a game?... all on his own. Robin Lopez looked like Moses F'n Malone.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but you can't sit him after the postseason he's had.

Ball or Fultz won't be ready to lead the team right away anyway. The Celts aren't the typical #1 picking team. They're a 50 win team. So, that guard can learn under Thomas.

Also, NJ will be horrible again next year and nothing can prevent that, so ... if you need to address size, you can do it next year when the draft will be strong for size ... or trade that pick for veteran size.

And ... by that time, LeBron will be 34 and Durant probably doesn't play for the Warriors anymore.

If Ainge f@cks this up, it will be the f@ck up of f@ckups...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all: this is a great problem to have.

That being said: I'd say the most likely scenario is this pick gets packaged in a trade for a bonafide star.

^ It almost has to be the above. The C's not only have IT... not only have Smart... but they got a nice young PG in Rozier who looks like he has a role in this league.

If Ainge can't work a trade for a star... then Smart and/or Bradley gotta go. But does that scenario leave Boston much better? I mean: does adding a Fultz and losing a Bradley get them to the promised land? No. More likely they are worse in the near term.

I'd be surprised if they keep the pick.

I think they will sign Ibaka, if they can't get Hayward ,and try to trade two of Smart/Brown/Bradley/Rozier and the pick for Butler.

If they can't get Jimmy, they take Fultz and trade Smart/Bradley for a lesser piece.

* Carmelo ? *

I hope you don't overpay for a guy like Favors.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are getting #1. I'm telling you right now. NBA wants Lonzo Ball in LA.

I hope Danny Ainge makes it clear that he will take that mental case, Lonzo Ball with the #1 so he can ass r*pe the fakers. :thumb:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball or Fultz won't be ready to lead the team right away anyway. The Celts aren't the typical #1 picking team. They're a 50 win team. So, that guard can learn under Thomas.

Also, NJ will be horrible again next year and nothing can prevent that, so ... if you need to address size, you can do it next year when the draft will be strong for size ... or trade that pick for veteran size.

And ... by that time, LeBron will be 34 and Durant probably doesn't play for the Warriors anymore.

If Ainge f@cks this up, it will be the f@ck up of f@ckups...

Ball and Fultz are starting from day one.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take one of the PGs if I were the Celts.

As great as a season as Thomas has had, he's a 5'9" guard at the end of the day. It will come back to hurt them.

Coming off the bench, he would be dynamite...
All true.

Plus, he's gonna want a max.

Fuck that.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Batman_Rigged_00.jpgd4232926-b558-4291-9891-7c95e414c9beOriginal.jpg

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I voted Celtics, not that I wanted them to get the No. 1 overall but I thought they would get it.

It was comical how the Boston sports talk radio show I listen to was saying that they did 4 simulations of the ping pong ball thing and every one came up with the Celtics getting the 4th pick, which I believe was as low as they could go.

As much as I like the Boston sports teams, I doubly dislike Boston sports writers and most radio talkers. Damn, they are so negative :L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if he makes All Nba.

You really think EVERY player who makes All NBA gets the full supermax?
Why is 1st team equal to 3rd?
Teams should use discretion and maybe offer more then other teams can, but not every dollar unless it's a handful of players.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was comical how the Boston sports talk radio show I listen to was saying that they did 4 simulations of the ping pong ball thing and every one came up with the Celtics getting the 4th pick, which I believe was as low as they could go.

As much as I like the Boston sports teams, I doubly dislike Boston sports writers and most radio talkers. Damn, they are so negative :L

How do you simulate a random lottery ball type system and think it means anything?