• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's getting old

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dallas 15%
san diego over 25%

i stopped there, i'm assuming u don't know how to use a calculator. anyways, we should have utilized screen passes more often. especially to get the ball into vernon's hands.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pff had our line ranked 26th i believe in pass protection. so....take your pick

And what does PFF use to do this ranking? Do they take QB into account? Number of plays clean vs penalized? Etc. or are they pulling that number out of their ass? I have seen us placed behind only CAR and NO, I have seen another publication put us behind TB, GB, NO, and CAR. Pro Bowl Staley, 2nd ranked LG iupati, and Davis who went an entire season without a holding penalty have got to be a horrible line.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of Sproles' catches were check downs and not designed pass plays for him? How many of them did he line up in the slot or split wide?

How does that stack up with the rest of the league?

Does anyone have subscriptions to PFF or FO and can check how far Smith's passes traveled in the air?

Or should we just pretend that he's on the same level as guys like Brees, Rodgers, Brady

I personally like pretending. It's more fun and you feel better about everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. You just got to be careful because if reality hits you, it hits hard. That's why you got to have persistent, steady resolve in your denial. If you push hard enough, for long enough, reality is detterred.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dallas 15%
san diego over 25%

i stopped there, i'm assuming u don't know how to use a calculator. anyways, we should have utilized screen passes more often. especially to get the ball into vernon's hands.

We probably should have. I wonder why we didn't. Must be because Harbaugh and Roman don't know what they're doing. Couldn't be an issue with the QB who has always had trouble with his accuracy on short passes.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what does PFF use to do this ranking? Do they take QB into account? Number of plays clean vs penalized? Etc. or are they pulling that number out of their ass? I have seen us placed behind only CAR and NO, I have seen another publication put us behind TB, GB, NO, and CAR. Pro Bowl Staley, 2nd ranked LG iupati, and Davis who went an entire season without a holding penalty have got to be a horrible line.

our line was called out a number of times during the season. it improved after miller came in.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably should have. I wonder why we didn't. Must be because Harbaugh and Roman don't know what they're doing. Couldn't be an issue with the QB who has always had trouble with his accuracy on short passes.

hahaha. this is why i end up defending smith so much because of dumb shit like this

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like pretending. It's more fun and you feel better about everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. You just got to be careful because if reality hits you, it hits hard. That's why you got to have persistent, steady resolve in your denial. If you push hard enough, for long enough, reality is detterred.

i bet brees and rodgers were wishing they were as good as smith while watching the nfc championship game

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our line was called out a number of times during the season. it improved after miller came in.

This shows your ass backwards argument. You used Miller as a reason why our OL got better but he had LITTLE to do with our pass protection improving, which is what we have been talking about this whole thread. Our pass protection got better when Snyder took over for Chilo. Yet BOTH run and pass blocking were in the upper echelon of the NFC for almost 2/3 of the season once the changes were made.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our pass protection got better when Snyder took over for Chilo. Yet BOTH run and pass blocking were in the upper echelon of the NFC for almost 2/3 of the season once the changes were made.

Worst Player: You have to wonder about how bad the rest of the 49ers’ guards are in practice in that they’re forced to turn to Adam Snyder (-24.4).
Ranking the 2011 Offensive Lines - Part 1 | ProFootballFocus.com

Yet BOTH run and pass blocking were in the upper echelon of the NFC for almost 2/3 of the season once the changes were made.
WHAT?!
Were were one of the worst at getting stuffed in 2011 on short distance for a First Down or a Touch Down.

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viper, did you WATCH the games or do you base everything on what PFF may write to sell subscriptions? It was obvious to anyone who chose to watch that our pass protection overall got BETTER with Adam fucking Snyder in the lineup. Did I say he was great? No. But if you can argue in favor of Chilo over Snyder, you have no grasp of football or reality at all. Snyder individually was not great but the OL as a unit played significantly better when he was inserted in the lineup.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hahaha. this is why i end up defending smith so much because of dumb shit like this

Because Smith has good short area accuracy? My bad. I must have imagined all the times he threw high to Gore leaking out of the backfield, or threw the WR screen so high that the target had to jump to catch it, only to be tackled for no gain, if he were lucky enough to get high enough for it. Or is it all those slant passes that he manages to miss?

Of course, we don't call many slants in this version of the WCO. I can't think why that would be. A route that's an easy win for 6+ yards for the WR that's a staple of the WCO. All it needs is to have the ball thrown in the right spot. . .

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i bet brees and rodgers were wishing they were as good as smith while watching the nfc championship game

Yep. That answers it. Alex Smith is better than Brees and Rodgers because the Niners made it further than the Packers and Saints.

And you wonder why no one every takes anything you say seriously.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shows your ass backwards argument. You used Miller as a reason why our OL got better but he had LITTLE to do with our pass protection improving, which is what we have been talking about this whole thread. Our pass protection got better when Snyder took over for Chilo. Yet BOTH run and pass blocking were in the upper echelon of the NFC for almost 2/3 of the season once the changes were made.

miller was a huge reason why our pass protection got better. when he got injured there was a lot more pressure getting to smith. snyder was an improvement over rachel rachel, but snyder/goodwin is a pretty light combo on the interior. we produced next to nothing in the redzone running wise. lack of push up front was the problem.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't fit your narrative so it is dismissed?

Not dismissed but rather put into context of an entire game. How many 3rd and inches plays did our offense have per game? Fit THAT into your narrative. According to YOUR context it had to be 30-40 plays right?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miller was a huge reason why our pass protection got better. when he got injured there was a lot more pressure getting to smith. snyder was an improvement over rachel rachel, but snyder/goodwin is a pretty light combo on the interior. we produced next to nothing in the redzone running wise. lack of push up front was the problem.

Wrong once again. When GORE got dinged up, our pass protection had more breakdowns, not Miller. As far as light interior, you may be correct but it was a significant improvement over Rachel, resulting in better pass protection then the first five games or so.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not dismissed but rather put into context of an entire game. How many 3rd and inches plays did our offense have per game? Fit THAT into your narrative. According to YOUR context it had to be 30-40 plays right?

BOTH run and pass blocking were in the upper echelon of the NFC for almost 2/3 of the season

My facts about short distance failure helps to brush away bold but unsupported nonsense like that.