• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's begun

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is so dangerous with Russell. Haven't seen a QB work that hard in a long time, his head is so in the game. He looks huge compared to his rookie year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is so dangerous with Russell. Haven't seen a QB work that hard in a long time, his head is so in the game. He looks huge compared to his rookie year.

He's just so locked in on what he wants to be… It will never come down to lack of preparation for Wilson…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just so locked in on what he wants to be… It will never come down to lack of preparation for Wilson…

Yah and I feel that is the #1 asset for ANY QB in this league. They can have all the natural talent in the world, but if the mental game is not there, pass. That's nearly an impossible thing (to some degree) to evaluate, but if I was running an NFL team and had a psychologist who could determine who was the most mentally capable that had ENOUGH of the physical tools to succeed, that would be my evaluator through and through.

I don't think Seattle has ever had a QB like Wilson from a mental standpoint. Hasselbeck went through some depression issues and you could tell certain games he was distracted with.... something... maybe that his brother married a far hotter piece than he did, who knows.

If I were coming into the NFL I would just want Wilson as my QB. Just the attitude and work ethic he brings... and he doesn't do it with the level of arrogance like a Tom Brady.

Anyway, enough man gushing on our QB. GO HAWKS!

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are probably a lot of men in Seattle with man crushes on him...and probably a few with actual crushes.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has never enjoyed a 4 year run with the same team/leadership. Imagine the foothold he could have in years 4, 5, 6...
We are blessed. Russell is our football Messiah.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has never enjoyed a 4 year run with the same team/leadership. Imagine the foothold he could have in years 4, 5, 6...

I think I've mentioned it before but I have a friend who's a Jets fan and he always reminds me how fortunate we are.

"We haven't had a franchise QB since Namath!"

It sure is nice to have that position locked up.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team is certainly dangerous. I wouldn't say Russell Wilson is the reason why. He's the perfect QB for this team, but to put things in perspective: Seattle has been 16th and 17th in total yards in his first two seasons. They've been 9th in offensive points scored in each of his years here. He not dangerous in the same manner that Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers is dangerous. Granted Seattle also doesn't run the same type of offense as the teams those guys play for.

What makes Wilson dangerous, if that is even the right word, is the fact that he doesn't turn the ball over and he is truly the black Fran Tarkington when he comes to eluding would be sackers.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've mentioned it before but I have a friend who's a Jets fan and he always reminds me how fortunate we are.

"We haven't had a franchise QB since Namath!"

It sure is nice to have that position locked up.

The only fear I have for Wilson is if he's going to get hurt. :bawling:After re-watching the season especially week 4 though 8 when the online was a mess, Man did he get hit. And some times it was the play-calling fault.:L

As long as we can get an above average online to protect Wilson, the Sky's the limit. (cause we all know Wilson will do everything he can to be ready)

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is certainly dangerous. I wouldn't say Russell Wilson is the reason why. He's the perfect QB for this team, but to put things in perspective: Seattle has been 16th and 17th in total yards in his first two seasons. They've been 9th in offensive points scored in each of his years here. He not dangerous in the same manner that Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers is dangerous. Granted Seattle also doesn't run the same type of offense as the teams those guys play for.

What makes Wilson dangerous, if that is even the right word, is the fact that he doesn't turn the ball over and he is truly the black Fran Tarkington when he comes to eluding would be sackers.

Very true but keep in mind he only just finished his second year. Barring any serious injuries he ought to keep improving for quite some time.

Also our O-line is so-so, some improvements there should improve Wilson's pocket presence. When he gets protection we've seen him pick people apart. Problem is he has to take off running for his life way too often. Watching him turn broken plays into first downs is pretty sweet though!

I don't think we've seen all that Wilson is capable of yet. Let him continue to mature and build him an O-line that can give him time in the pocket and I think we'll see some lights out football from him for years to come.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only fear I have for Wilson is if he's going to get hurt. :bawling:After re-watching the season especially week 4 though 8 when the online was a mess, Man did he get hit. And some times it was the play-calling fault.:L

As long as we can get an above average online to protect Wilson, the Sky's the limit. (cause we all know Wilson will do everything he can to be ready)

I know what you mean. 4 or 5 years from now shots like that are gonna sideline his ass. Let's get him some protection now before it becomes an issue!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm the king of my own land.
Facing tempests of dust, I'll fight until the end.
Creatures of my dreams raise up and dance with me!
Now and forever, I'm your king!

M83 - Outro

Used in RCR Episode 3 Part 1 in the comeback against the Patriots. This was William Cornell's Salvation moment and what spurred the whole RCR series. Great editing and powerful song that fits everything about the situation.

I have watched that sequence probably at least 50 times.

The greatest part is how Russell talks about his dad saying there is a King in every crowd. RW takes this as motivation to always do his best. He has no idea, or, he is humble enough to not care, that he is a king in his own right.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although most people hate the formation, RW and other running QBs allow for no back sets that can still be running plays, because he is a back that can run. This makes for 5 receiving threats and an extra running threat that most teams do not have. This creates offensive flexibility and keeps the LBs honest.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is small height wise, but he is VERY muscular and he looks even bigger this year. Rangers were saying he showed up to their spring training and was built like a tank.

That factors into a TON of whether a guy will get hurt. Jerry Rice kept going for so long because his offseason workout regime was very intensive. He didn't just go silent until training camp and offseason workouts (with the team) started up.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean. 4 or 5 years from now shots like that are gonna sideline his ass. Let's get him some protection now before it becomes an issue!

The amazing part was how Russ got it done when our line was beat up… He proved his elusiveness during that stretch for sure… One of the things that really did improve was our O-line as the season rolled on… They were awesome in the playoffs… Russ proved it's his lateral quickness that makes him so dangerous not his down field running… He extends play's like no other qb in the league..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true but keep in mind he only just finished his second year. Barring any serious injuries he ought to keep improving for quite some time.

Also our O-line is so-so, some improvements there should improve Wilson's pocket presence. When he gets protection we've seen him pick people apart. Problem is he has to take off running for his life way too often. Watching him turn broken plays into first downs is pretty sweet though!

I don't think we've seen all that Wilson is capable of yet. Let him continue to mature and build him an O-line that can give him time in the pocket and I think we'll see some lights out football from him for years to come.

I agree with your post. I thought RW was better in his second year then his first and really agree that he's capable of much more. If PC ever opens up the offense I feel RW would be up to it, but need better pass protection. It was down right scary, when the starters on the OL went down and the Seahawks had to count on the backups. It was like open season on the QB there for a while. Really hoping for the Seahawks to fix the OL problem, if they do, the sky is the limit.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your post. I thought RW was better in his second year then his first and really agree that he's capable of much more. If PC ever opens up the offense I feel RW would be up to it, but need better pass protection. It was down right scary, when the starters on the OL went down and the Seahawks had to count on the backups. It was like open season on the QB there for a while. Really hoping for the Seahawks to fix the OL problem, if they do, the sky is the limit.

Yes it was open season for a while… Wilson had NO TIME for several weeks there… I was worried he was gonna get hurt… It was truly pathetic pass protection for a while…

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was open season for a while… Wilson had NO TIME for several weeks there… I was worried he was gonna get hurt… It was truly pathetic pass protection for a while…

pretty amazing we were still pulling out wins during that time.