• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking down the offense

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good article with extensive analysis of the offense last week.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting about the middle of the field. No surprise the analysis is there as I hardly EVER see Seattle throw over the middle on sit routes or quick slants in, etc. I've never understood why Seattle never does a quick slant in route (maybe the SBOWL really did a # on Wilson) or have their TE track along over the middle of the field on a QB roll out... this helps me understand why. Seems Wilson is just not comfortable with identifying or throwing those routes.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting about the middle of the field. No surprise the analysis is there as I hardly EVER see Seattle throw over the middle on sit routes or quick slants in, etc. I've never understood why Seattle never does a quick slant in route (maybe the SBOWL really did a # on Wilson) or have their TE track along over the middle of the field on a QB roll out... this helps me understand why. Seems Wilson is just not comfortable with identifying or throwing those routes.
It is a bit of a shock to see the numbers. Wilson is good to great everywhere except the 10 to 20 yard range to the right where he is slightly below average, and that middle of the field where he is horrible. Crazy when you look at it.
The explanation of the height and how other QBs near Russ' stature, like Murray and Mayfield, also struggle in that area makes sense.

If I was D planning against the Seahawks I would like to leave that area relatively clean, and lean a defender into other areas. But that would leave you open to the power runs that PC loves. They discuss the run-pass relationship but don't delve into that particular aspect much.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Quick slant game is one of the areas in Wilsons game where his size actually hurts him. For the most part he overcomes any short comings with his ability and skill but not being able to see over or through those bodies at the snap makes perfect sense. Everyone is still all lumped together.